Thread: spectator mode and league play

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

Default spectator mode and league play

this pretains to HD mainly. i think it would be amazing to see a sort of "pro league" for wipeout if it blows up big enough with HD. sort of how CAL is for counterstrike and many other games, but on a much smaller scale. i dont know about you guys but even watching some people race on phantom class neck and neck is intense, how cool would it be to have a few different camera angles and spectator slots for people who want to watch the big races, almost like photo mode style camera angles, but real time as the ships are racing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think it would be cool, you could be a spectator in the stands for example, or be in a chase camera or whatnot. It could be awesome. You could take pictures or film some segments of the race too! Just like in an F1 grand prix, but set in 2205 xD

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

yes, but a lot faster and funnier than f1 gps!
    I think that all these cool ideas could be implemented in the future incarnations of the game, and HD is a (tasty) hors d'oeuvre of what is yet to come

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I'd take it as far as saying that an installment of Wipeout SHOULD be included in the Championship Gaming Series. It involves a handful of games that require skill to play, in diverse categories (FPS, WoW, versus fighting, soccer, race simulation). Wipeout HD would be a perfect fit.

As for the idea of watching races online, again, Forza 2 is very good when it comes to this. It would be sweet being able to watch Asa work his magic in another perspective besides being miles behind

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Dont think this will happen, because every game on there seems to be XBOX360 and you know what that indicates, it would be great to see WO on there though.

If there is a spectator/replay mode in HD, i think it should give a range of camera angles & onboards like they do in F1, but give the player a good degree of control/accessibility, would be good to see GT4 styles synchonised replays.

'FrostE, that is a very cool idea. I'd certainly want to watch the real piloting aces go against each other.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

That idea is just great. Something like that on the online race tonight with Mad Ice, Leungbok, KARMANED and I on Vertica White would of been great to watch in spectator mode. That race was truely neck and neck.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

See, this is why I need to get a wireless network in my house. I can't have to go to the coffee shop downtown just to play online - no, dammit! XD

Swift: Oh well, if that can't happen, there's always our homegrown events in Amsterdam (now Frankfurt), Essex Junction and now Florence. Oui, you can include the Wipeout-Arena meetings.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

I agree, it would/could be done with a complete integration/compatibility with the Playstation Home environment : big TV screens retransmitting the fantastic races of our heroes LIVE =yeah great idea. Can't wait.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

And if I could watch the EWC races from the comfort of home (if I must) well, then it'd be over.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Best idea yet Kanar. On the Wipeout HD home space, have a lot of HDTVs retransmitting live feeds. :O win \o/