• PSP: Slim
    • FW: 4.05
    • MS: SanDisk 4GB (1.6GB of free space)
    • Pulse: EU
    • DLC: Mirage/Icaras/Harimau/Auricom
    • Custom Soundtrack: yes
    • Custom skins: yes
    • Custom grids: yes
    • Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, Lang en

After a few races, the Alternate and Eliminator skins for the 4 DLC ships disappear. By going to grid level and putting system into standby, then turning back on and choosing the race, the system will reload the DLC and the relevant skins will reappear. I don't know if this affects Custom skins for DLC as mine are all for the UMD ships.

I'm not sure if there is a specific number of races or other factors as I have not tried to get this to specifically happen. One nasty side effect is that when you try an Eliminator event, the system crashes if you have not reloaded in the way I mentioned above.
    Last edited by P52Smith; 30th August 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

• PSP: Slim
    • FW: 3.90 M33-3
    • MS: 4GB Sony
    • Pulse: NA
    • DLC: None
    • Custom Sountrack: yes (30 tracks)
    • Custom skins: yes
    • Custom grids: no
    • Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Racing on Basilico White Phantom speed in single race with Goteki 45 (A custom skin, skin slot 3 if I must be precise), I got a leech beam warning and my energy slowly decreased (At least I think it did), my ship taking the skin of the leech beam effect as if it were hit. However, the lightning bolt did not appear, the camera didn't become filled with static and the ship didn't become hard to control like it used to do (Which is by the way). It was just showing my custom skin with the blue energy overlay skin of the leech beam hit effect. Afterwards, on the other lap, when I passed the same area where I was supposedly hit by the leech, my ship turned blue again as if I were hit once more, except I was +5.0 secs in the lead, and my energy didn't decrease that time. I forgot to take a screenshot of it but I remember it happened two times on the same race near the same area.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

• PSP: 1001 Series (Phat)
    • FW: OFW 4.01
    • MS: Lexar 1.0 GB (Wal-Mart brand)
    • Pulse: AU
    • DLC: None
    • Custom Sountrack: No
    • Custom skins: No
    • Custom grids: No
    • Options: 100% Music and SFX, Random Music, Close Camera, Concave HUD, Tags On, Ghost Off, Load Off, English

I let my 12-year-old brother play using my profile. Since he's an inexperienced player jumping right into Rapier and Phantom races, he had to restart a lot and blew up several times while playing.

Well, when I get my PSP back to play for myself, I find out that I have corrupt Single Race records. Something like these:

RAPIER CLASS CORRUPT RACE RECORDS

Talon's Junction White: 33.30
    Moa Therma: 1.06.04 White, 1.10.12 Black
    Metropia White: 59.82

PHANTOM CLASS CORRUPT RACE RECORDS

Talon's Junction White: 31.74
    Moa Therma White: 32.58
    Metropia White: 53.60
    Tech De Ra White: 34.42

Obviously, these times can't be erased by running the tracks again, and it seems as if the only way to get rid of these times is to delete the profile and start the game from the beginning. I've tried intentionally running my shield out and running a lap then quitting to figure out how this happened. My brother told me it's likely a game glitch. But this is just ****ing weird.

PSN ID
    Judus

• PSP: Phat
    • FW: OFW 4.01
    • MS: SanDisk PRO Duo (1Gb)
    • DLC: Mirage/Icaras
    • Custom Sountrack: no
    • Custom skins: no
    • Custom grids: no
    • Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Bug description (2 bugs)

I'll describe reproduceable steps, but these bugs maybe reproduced via other shorter methods.

1: Select custom event->speed lap(phantom). Select EdgeWinter Black. Select Icaras with 'alternative' skin. Once the race starts pause the game and switch the console power off. Switch Power on again and select 'restart race'. The ship skin has changed to 'default'. Pause and quit the game and select the same options from the menu again and you'll notice that Icaras 'alternative' skin has dissapeared from the selection.

Switching the power off whilst in the menu and switching it on again causes the game to reload the menus, which appears to fix the above issue and brings back the 'alternative' skin. This leads to bug 2.

2: After reloading the menu to fix the skin selection issue, go through the same steps (EdgeWinter black, phantom speed lap, Icaras alternative). When you confirm the ship, instead of loading the level, the game brings you back to the main menu (almost as if there are 2 front end modes on the stack due to the reloading failing to delete the old mode)

Timezone
    GMT + 9

(Before everyone starts, I DO own a custom firmware PSP and YES, the game is a BACKUP of the game (I live in Japan and we cant yet buy it over here, but I'm British and I have folks who bought it for me back home and its easier to just keep the original at home and play the backup in Japan).

If it makes everyone feel better, I use my original Wipeout Pure UMD to load my backup of WO: Pulse.

I have put my neck on the block here to let people know about the bugs I have with regards to my version. Perhaps they are only backup copy bugs or genuine. I leave that for others to find out as I haven't got a clue).

Thanks!

* PSP: Phat 1000 (Japanese)
    * FW: 4.01 M33-2
    * MS: Sony 4GB (271GB of free space)
    * Pulse: EU (backup)
    * DLC: No Downloaded Craft
    * Custom Soundtrack: yes (30 tracks - and they )
    * Custom skins: One
    * Custom grids: None
    * Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, Lang en.
    * Any of those accursed hacked cheats, you back-up using, scumbag?

None at all. Cross my weapon pick-ups and hope to be eliminated! Honest!

* Ever played online so we can gun you down like the custom-firmware using code-monkey that you are?

Nope. Its hard to join the EU site from here in Japan, I think. Correct me if Im wrong though! Id like to race a bit to see what it's like!

BUGS:

1/ Some music tracks will NOT load, even if they are changed, bitrate changed, quality changed, reconverted into another file format and changed back to MP3, etc.

2/ Some music tracks are listed in the game and recognised (ie: appear in the list) but will not play.

3/ The "computer voice" will say "three kills remaining" during the start of eliminator, even though I have only killed 2/3 out of 10 .

4/ My position in the race (top right of the HUD) wont show sometimes and usually at the same time, if I go to the sub-menue and select a track, some or all of the music tracks, custom or otherwise, will not show (but they will display in the "now playing" bottom of the HUD display screen and they DO play regardless).

5/ Sometimes, after a race has finished and I am returned to the main menu, the game freezes (but doesn't seem to reset, or crash the PSP unit so I have to remove the battery).

If this happens to your original UMD version, start to panic!then

Timezone
    GMT + 9

I also noticed today that the spoken introduction to some of the tracks gets cut.

Its as if the script and the alloted time for the introduction are at odds with each other.

Anyone get the impression that:

- Pulse was made in a bit of a rush?

- The developers are not keen to fix any of/any more of the bugs and thats why their skin generator doesnt load AT ALL?

- The makers are probably more interested in the PS3 version now and so dont care about anything involving the PSP version?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

• PSP: 1003 Series
    • FW: 3.90
    • MS: SanDisk 1Gb (Pro Duo)
    • DLC: None - I'm skint.
    • Custom Sountrack: yes
    • Custom skins: yes, but not using.
    • Custom grids: yes, but not using.
    • Options: close, default hud, tags on, lang en

When I try to take a picture/ view results the game crashes and switches off completely.
    Last edited by mdhay; 2nd September 2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Removed Redundant tags

Timezone
    GMT + 9

I cannot get online for multiplayer. It says my ID doesnt exist. Ditto for the online skin generator.

EDITED: Due to message below.

("bug" Fixed: Playstation store and Playstation game sign-ins require two different sign up sessions/passwords and are NOT the same. Gomen)
    Last edited by Primal-Convoy; 4th September 2008 at 03:07 AM. Reason: mod warning

Default Mod message.

Back to the topic and its format, please; this topic is purely for bug reports. Generalised speculations and questions generate white noise for those attempting to read for specific information. This thread has a specified required format; please read the first post in the thread.

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

psp:1OO1/1OOO
    fw:5.3/4.5
    ms:SanDisk 8gb mspd/sony 4gb mspd
    pulse:Am
    DLS:none
    custom music:yes/no
    custom grid:yes
    custom skin:yes
    options:music vol 1OO%.sfx vol 1OO%.music playlist random.camera close.hud concave.language english. everything eles on.
    so my prob about pulse is at the start menu the craft on the side stops at the start.my 2 prob is wen im going to select something the sound is so loud 1 time.
    my 3 prob is wen im eleminating a contender in eleminator my score does not go up and it says 5 kil
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 4th March 2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: dcl is not right