Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pulse Videos

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Admirable skills man

Congratulations

Any chance of seeing some TT racing? That would be a better watch(better framerate) for getting better

PSN ID
    Razgriz375

WOW, these videos are brilliant i could learn from those, they have given me a view of the way the air brakes should be used...thnx. But it doesnt end there as i remember joining a few online games with your name in the list (why is it that the other online players ships are pointing towards the sky?) Im on nearly every weekend theifing someone elses wireless

erm... on the AV front Sony and the game shop GAME are really picking a fight as they only sell the HD lead, the noraml phono lead cant support game content. But on the GAME website they advertise a Component phono lead for just £2 more than the standard phono lead (oh and apparently there not allowed to go on there website in store it smells) Is there a cable that isnt HD and supports games??

Please ask your connection questions in an appropriate thread so that this thread is not sidelined from its subject

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Feisar View Post
    But it doesnt end there as i remember joining a few online games with your name in the list (why is it that the other online players ships are pointing towards the sky?)
    oo, don't remember playing you. not exactly sure why their ships point upwards maybe because (they or you) are on the custom firware?

DjManiac/il_nik: Hehe thanks! hope to see some of yours too

JABBERJAW: quite unlikely. not sure many people would like to see that. can be alil boring with the same lines lap after lap. hehe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

Talking TTing in Pulse

Hi, I wanted to open this thread just to be able to share with each other videos of WZ pilots TTing to get the best times.

If anyone wants to post their own videos please do so!

I'll start with a video I just recorded of me playing this week's TT challenge on Tech De Ra White - Rapier speed class.

The quality could be better but this is the most I got out of Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50719936&hl=en

Hope it helps, at least as a reference!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    NeXaR_QroN

The pointing-to-the-sky ships is a thing related to lag, I think. Usually, when on smooth conection they don't do that. For example, I rarely see that when playing ad-hoc with my friends, but when someone lags, it happens.

I could be wrong, of course.

I agree. It seemed to go away when I moved to 3.80 firmware, but was back tonight.

btw Kandang, TT videos would be perfect!

Nice quality video DJM. Google video beats You Tube for quality, I think. I can get round the rest of that track as fast, although I have to admit I do miss the crucial last speed pad too often - needs practice. But I really can`t pull off that combo-BR on the jump, I just don`t get anything like the lift off required on landing for the second one, not even close.
    Last edited by lunar; 15th February 2008 at 05:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I liked the way you cut that 1st bend on your lap where you beat your record.
    One time i succeeded a BR at that place : but i miserably crashed on the wall after it.
    Thx for the video tutorial Mauro , ill learn that soon

Why do we need another pulse video thread since we already have one?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

That makes sense Lance, i merged it for clarity

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I have a request for vids-- can somebody record a run (even a shitty run) on the new DLC tracks? Us North Americans can't get them yet but I'd really like to see them!

Also-- I agree with the notion that time trials and speed laps make the best material for vids. Races and tournaments are fun to watch but not so interesting and helpful

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    IwannaTinkle

I see that, I just thought that Kandang made this thread initially to share vids of the tracks, some pilots were asking for TT videos and I thought it would be a good idea to have a TT video thread to discuss, mainly, TT videos from everyone.

We'll keep them here then

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

imho, it will be hard for others to look for djmaniac's TT vids if the video thread gets longer. Unless he updates his first vid post and then everyone can refer to it if they want to view the vids.

After the merging of the two video threads I got accused of double posting.

DJM could do with a "directory" post near the top, like Kandang`s, so that he can easily refer us to his videos.
    Last edited by lunar; 15th February 2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: thanks Arnaud for making it work!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

My idea is to stay like we are now with that thread and making a new sticky topic of only video links with associated names ( kandang, djmaniac, and others who want to post their own)
    People will have to PM me and i ll add those new video links into that sticky thread.
    And here we can discuss about the videos themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    After the merging of the two video threads I got accused of double posting.

DJM could do with a "directory" post near the top, like Kandang`s, so that he can easily refer us to his videos.
    Sorry about that; didn't yet realise that he'd merged the threads.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Well, this is my first video attempt and I`m a novice with it, so bear it with me, once I will used to get the hang of it.
    I`m sorry, there is no sounds but others will come eventually.

Tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecp-JBHtKSU

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

All right so as I said on your Youtube video let me explain how you could get sound.

I. First, you need to download and install Audacity, it is free and very easy to use (Especially if you're only going to do sound recording )
    [Audacity Download]

(I don't know if linking to such software here is allowed, please remove the link only if it is not allowed)

II. So now that it is installed, you've got to hook up your PSP to your PC using a wire like this one. (Stereo male 3.5mm to Stereo male 3.5mm cable) Either plug it in your input on your soundcard (I believe most PCs nowadays are equipped with a headphone and microphone jack at the front, you can use the microphone jack, or if you have a sound card with installed drivers, like a Realtek soundcard which I have, just plug it in at the back and set it to "Line Entry" in the drivers for the correct input you plugged it in).

III. Next, you've got to set up your computer so that it can record the sound entering it. Now, depending on whether you used a microphone entry or set one of your sound card inputs to line entry, you will have to do only one of the steps below, but both start the same way.

Hit start->Run and type in "sndvol32" without the quotes. This will boot the volume controls for your PC. If you haven't done so already I recommend you go into Options->Preferences and check everything under both categories listed in the drop down menu (Or it might be done simply by clicking on "Playback" or "Recording" if you have a built in sound card instead.) Now, select the window that corresponds to "Recording" and click OK. this should switch you to the controls for the sound volume for every input available on your PC (Since you checked them all for easy access, because you will be returning there often). Now here is where it is different.
    3a) If you have a sound card and used one input on it as "Line in", Mute all channels excluding "Stereo Mix" and "Line Volume". Additionally here is where you can set the general volume for recording on the left since if it is too high it might cause some distortion and destroy the sound (Find out through testing multiple recordings with Audacity).
    3b) If you used your microphone in, Mute everything excluding "Stereo Mix" and obviously "Microphone In". Again you may have to set your general volume according to tests.

[REMEMBER: Once you are done with recording, revert to default parameters, or you might not be able to listen to music on your PC depending on what you have checked (muted).]

IV. Once everything is set up, start recording sound and video, play, stop, and mix sound and video together using programs like Windows Movie Maker.

Hopefully this will help you get sound

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Ok, thank you and I will try that soon. So I has got alot to learn.

stevie