Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Feisar, is not a crap ship I don't use it coz I got too used to AG-SYS, EG-X and more recently (don't laugh) Piranha...! lol - yeah I know Feisar seen as a noob ship but it cant be that bad - Albino Ace got a top ten TT time in Talons W TT... that's kinda awesome! heard there was a guy called Eleven GG EX who was an awesome pilot in online races back in the days when Pulse was really active, and he rocked in a Feisar... Hmmm!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Feisar is a very reasonable option for phantom speeds on some tracks IMHO.

I would never laugh about Piranha in Pulse-- I think it is the best ship for most tracks on Venom, Flash and Rapier speeds (note caveat, I have never tried Icaras because DLC isn't available in the U.S.)

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yeah, the Piranha is a good, fast ship in Phantom, just not viable enough to use on the trickier tracks, I got a top 20 TT time on Talons W Phantom (ofcourse) in it. But back in February, when I was starting out on Pulse, I got laughed at on Gamefaqs for using it - however, I only used to race Flash back then, and I never had a problem with it, ever...

And now, I#m starting to experiment with it again, but this time at Phantom class - I was inspired by Arch when he starting rocking the Piranha online (Phantom ofcourse) and did really well with it! A true pulse warrior that guy is! - on Moa, it just rocks!!! But I still prefer the AG-SYS coz I get cleaner lines out of it, having said that - I get cleaner lines out of the Piranha on Talons W TT... hate using it on SR though!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

If we're talking online, it's best to stick with only one ship, because some hosts don't wait for you to switch, and also it's easy to forget and get stuck in the wrong one ! Happened to me many many times when I used to switch to AG-Sys for twisty tracks. I definitely feel more comfortable now that I use EG-X on all tracks online.
    TT though is just whichever ship gives you the fastest time, although I still find it easier in EG-X on most tracks, just because I'm so used to it now (I had 100000 loyalty in it before I even thought about using other ships ).
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 13th September 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Yeah, the Piranha is a good, fast ship in Phantom, just not viable enough to use on the trickier tracks, I got a top 20 TT time on Talons W Phantom (ofcourse) in it.
    What is the status of the online times for Pulse? Are they still updating? I haven't updated my times in ages...

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I like rocking different ships in TT, simply because I havent TT's as much as others who play Pulse - I always used to race SR on hard - just coz I like dropping mines and bombs in places blowing up some faces (gah - that was a crap joke)

But yeah, I guess to get consistently good times and to improve your lines in a steadily approachable manner - it's wise sticking to one ship...

Good advice there Smaddy, cheers mate - I'll take it up!!!

At Frances, Yeah - they still update mate!!! Almost two years on and it still works - maybe Rob has something to do with that? He did make the ranking site after all! Our Rob is a pretty talented guy, we're lucky to have him I guess!!!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    What is the status of the online times for Pulse? Are they still updating? I haven't updated my times in ages...
    Yep, except for online racing, I pretty much only compete for Phantom TT race times on wipeout-game.com. Mine always updates ok, although it takes a few hours for the site to display the new times.
    Never really bothered with SR mode, as there's too much luck involved for decent competition IMO (plus Pulse's idiot AI isn't fast enough). Besides, if you like weapons, that's what online racing is for!

edit: bah, ace edited to answer the question, so now it looks like I ignored his post!
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 12th September 2009 at 09:04 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

It still updates for online races, I checked Killer_Loopz' online progress on the rankings and he's moved from 70 something to 58...

I'm stuck at 34 but I dont care for rankings anymore - they're most definitely flawed after my last experience!!! Not gonna mention what happened here...

EDIT: Oi, Smaddy - why you ignoring my post for? kidding!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by archman View Post
    Aargh I suck then. Anyway, they're all good. Except Feisar. (sorry, Feis(hit)ar lovers)
    Oh archman, can I kill you for this uahahaha ?
    Feisar is Feisar, the slowest ship ever, the most manovrable ever....simply for me if someone loves WipEout, he/she MUST loves Feisar, at the first times in Pulse I've used a lot, I've unlocked its prototype ship....but it's horrible !
    Ok, I want to let you live !

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Hehe. I can see Feisar's strengths: you can corner with minimal or no airbraking meaning less slowing down, and you can correct any small errors with minimal effort, so it is as competitive as the other ships (especially at Phantom speed), but it's just not for me - I like solid (i.e. bad) handling, and high thrust, with decent speed. EG-X in other words.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

smad, you make me wanna pilot a Feisar now! This game is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    I like solid (i.e. bad) handling

I like Feisar, manovrable as the best that a AG-Ship can be, but, honestly, I prefer AG-Systems....but for for me the best handling for my style is 7: EG-X, Goteki45.
    It was my first favourite team ever (aaaahh the classic 2097/XL version ship....) but on Pulse sometimes I race with Feisar .

But....Mirage....eh? What?
    Mirage rhyme with average !

Hm... meer ahge'... av' er ije...

doesn't sound the same to me.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

yeah, I agree - Smad got a top ten TT time in a Mirage a few months back, but no doubt he broke that record in his beloved EG-X.

I guess it aint the Ship drives you, more a case of a Pilots' ability to push the ship to its' limits...

So bottom line is, its all down to your own individual skillset, dedication and persistance! No ship is average in Pulse, they all have their strengths and weaknesses... If your skill is strong where the ship stat is weak, I believe you can make good of it imo.

Honestly Mirage is the classic ship that the pilot can makes the difference....is not a bad ship indeed, because it's extremely balanced and sometimes I like to use it....this can sounds strange, but Mirage is my favourite ship in Eliminator model, its great balancement is the greatest resource for me in this type of event.

Mmmmhhh....today I've tried Feisar in Phantom....simply I can't believe at my eyes, with Feisar I've destroyed every tipe of wall in every track (ping-pong effect, do you know it?)....its turning circle is excessively short for my driving style, and the effect of a Feisar in my hands in Pulse is....boom, sbadaboom, sdeng !
    After this, I've tried AG-System....flawless!
    Honestly at this time my preference is for Mirage, if I must compare it compared with Feisar.
    Very strange, I don't know this reason of this, but probably my style is totally changed after the first times that I've played Pulse.
    At this moment I prefer only ships with 7 in handling (EG-X and Goteki 45, of course, the only exception is Auricom, that i play sometimes)....only one ship with 9 in handling, to be more precise....mmmhh....I gotta say it again?
    AG Systems !

PSN ID
    Trufflefunk

Cool

I dont know that there is a best ship in pulse purely because they all seem to have good points and all have bad points, personally i use Qirex quite a lot, mainly online as it has a healthy shield and good enough handling to get you round the corners without loosing too much speed. I think its a case of learning how to fly in each ship not one is that similar to another just pick one and try it if it dosent work for you try another one

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

I agree with you. Btw, I've seen you online with Qirex, and it's impressive, mate.

Welcome to the boards!

Aaaahh...my definitive gear for every type of class:

Venom: Goteki 45, Icaras;
    Flash: Goteki 45, Icaras, Auricom;
    Rapier: AG Systems, Icaras;
    Phantom: Goteki 45, AG Systems, Icaras.

Time Trial: EG-X, AG Systems.

Aaaaahh I LOVE Pulse ....Goteki 45 and Icaras are indeed the ships of my desires...I have a special relation with these ships since their debut in Wip3out....and AG-Systems remains a great ship for every situation.

Goteki 45....average in 3, but awesome since Pure....I love its excellent accelleration...and...Icaras....a tear in my eye...thin, f****n' fast, and looks awesome ...
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 25th September 2009 at 02:21 PM.

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

What's the best ship to control in Phantom races? AG-Sys or FEISAR? Or any other?

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Depends, largely on your preference...

... start with the feisar or AG-SYS as these offer the best handling stats - learning Phantom with these ships will get you accustomed to those all important breaking times and distances, optimal racing lines, and you will be better able to adjust to Phantom from rapier with these. Stay away form Piranha and Triakis to begin with, but once you've attained adequate mastery of a favourite track, try it in any ship - you'll be surprised at hw much you would have improved by then.

Personally, for me it's the AG-SYS (AirLicker mkIII now btw peeps) and the EG-X ships which suit me... sometimes I dare myself the Piranha on certain tracks if I feel like I can race it competitively...

Welcome to the zone btw...