Thread: Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    KANDANG

Cool Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

1) Is it too early to assume there's a best / worst ship in the game? (out of the starting 8 )

imho,

Piranha seems to be dominating majority of the maps in TT mode.
    and a number of the top players are using AG-SyS for multiplayer phantom races.

up to Rapier, i'd say the say you could pilot the piranha, but at phantom if the piranha gets shot.. it takes a while to catch up to the front of the pack so i'd give it a miss for multiplayer.

my pick for least likely to be at the top would be Triakis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2) anyway, here's what I think about the different ships

Assegai
    - My feel good ship. Whenever I wanna muck around trying different stuff on a map, or just relaxing on a Phantom I 'll bring this baby out. Somehow I find it more comfy to pilot this compared to the Ag-Sys. Has many fans and its stats are quite good. Don't know if I'd pilot this against high level opponents tho. Shield 7 is not something I'd feel safe considering some people are out to get you with their plasmas and guns. Even on head to head maps or multiplayer games with weapons off, this would mean I'd have to pilot my ship more carefully and I have to think twice about doing the BR. Maybe in a 4 player or 5 i'd consider picking this one up. A good ship to train with or complete the game with. Wonder how it'll fair on TT. Player to lookout for is zargz.

Qirex
    - My least used ship currently so I don't really have many good things to say about it. I probably understand it the least that's y. With more plays, I'd bump its ratings up. Used this the other to much around and I do like it's weight. It doesn't jump around as much compared to some of the ships and this could mean good TT times on a number of maps. Looking at it's stats it does seem to be a serious contender with good speeds and handling. However I don't know y it felt like the ship didn't go as fast as the other ships. Its handling felt really good tho abit like an Ag-Sys. Will play this more in future. A real underrated ship currently imho. Have not played against a good Qirex player yet.

Feisar
    - Popular ship used by cheaters because of its handling at top speeds. A favourite to a huge number of beginners too because of the 10 points on handling. Feels really comfortable at Phantom and should be on par with the top multiplayer ships. Very similar to the Ag-SyS and is probably the Ryu and Ken of Pulse. Good speed, good thrust, good handling and good shields. Beginners and pro's will like. Been playing around with this ship and I'm happy with it. It's definately not a noob ship imho. I like the handling at Phantom, lets it do all the work for me, and while most people are using the Goteki or Ag-Sys on Phantom, I'll stick with this for alil while. Pilot to lookout for is technicolour.

AG Systems
    - While leveling up the Triakis, I asked Asa what ship he was using and he said Ag-Sys. I thought to myself, how could this ship catch something as fast as the Triakis? Haha until I saw some of the times posted on the tables and I was like wow, how'd they do that? and I tried my hand with it and loved the handling and it's thrust after getting hit by a weapon during multiplayer. So I stuck with this. Alil slow on the Venom / Flash class tho so I'd only use this on Rapier / Phantom.
    One thing I noticed is that the total points it had for its attributes together with Feisar were the most compared to the other ships. Wonder why? Also, this ship is definitely another huge favourite of the community. Pilots to lookout for include Asayyeah, Flashback-Jack and Mad-Ice.

Eg-X
    - I wanted to like this ship but i feel safer off with at least 8 shield points. Haven't meddled with it much to give a review about it but I'm sure it'll be a favourite to a number of pilots here on the zone. It's speed and thrust will probably make it a good contender on some TT maps but wonder what happens on some of the more technical maps eg. Outpost7 black, will it lose much speed at the turns? Anyway, all the best to Stardragon88 and jorgex3 for championing the ship currently.

Goteki45
    - This would make a good multiplayer ship in my opinion. Its thrusts are a big welcome to anyone getting shot in it. It's shields are good too, 8 being the most balanced and even tho the handling is at 7, the thrusts really make up for it. Haven't seen many ppl utilizing it yet tho in favor of the other more popular ships like Assegai, Feisar or Ag-Sys. Probably in time more people will start looking at this. Not sure how it fairs in TT tho, will see how far supersox and Ash-Omen brings this ship to fame in future.

Triakis
    - The first ship I got 100k points with. I tried playing this in a few multiplayer games and whenever I kept getting slowed down by rockets, bombs etc., I found it hard to keep up with the front of the pack so I dropped this and went for a lighter craft. Another reason was I had problems bringing this around Outpost7 black at the 180 turns. It loses quite a lot of speed there. I reckon you can get a good time with this on Arc Prime white because it's ass doesn't jut out as much as the Piranha after the big jump + BR while turning left. A good pilot to lookout for would be Hellfire-X

Piranha
    - Probably the first person on Pulse to use this to great effect on Talon's Junction white is DjManiac and if you weren't using this, you wouldn't be able to come close to his times. Look at the top TT times for this map and you'll see the Piranha dominating here. Haven't played against him on Phantom while he's piloting the Piranha tho, he seems to favor the Ag-Sys against this in multiplayer. Have been using this ship for Venom / Flash and some Rapier multiplayer and it's a good and fast ship while pressing up on the d-pad. You can see the big difference on the slower classes v.s the other ships. Its ass juts out alil too much for my liking at some maps like De Konstruct white / Arc Prime white after a jump + BR tho. Heaps of players to lookout for from Venom to Rapier. Haven't seen anyone use it to good effect on Phantom multi-player tho.

Mirage
    - Balanced in every aspect. Feels abit like a Ag-SyS/Qirex/Assegai put together. Don't really know how to explain. You'll have to experience it for yourself.
    Can't use this in multi-player sadly. Hopefully they'll allow it in a future patch. Might see quite a number of people piloting this one. Not sure how it'll fair in TT considering that the Icaras is out.

Icaras
    - Like the Mirage, this pink baby isn't playable online but serves well in TTs. On par with the Piranha and will likely be top contender in the near future. With a higher thrust and handling, this should come out on top.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3) If you've met someone who I didn't mention that we should all lookout for in future, do inform us
    Last edited by KANDANG; 15th February 2008 at 04:16 PM.