Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still No Announcement in Japan...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I definitely think it's worth petitioning, if only for your sanity and peace of mind

My understanding is that JPN sales of Wipeout Pure were really, really low, I am not surprised that SCEJ is apathetic.

This happens all the time in reverse-- Nintendo and Sony keep many RPG and platformer franchises in JPN that I and other people would love to play-- but the companies think that localization and publishing isn't worth the effort. Look at Earthbound (Mother)-- that is a game with INCREDIBLY loyal fans, they actually created a book of original drawings that were inspired by the game, petitioned heavily, met with Nintendo Power people-- just to get Mother 3 (GBA) localized to North America. And nothing has happened, as far as I am aware.

Sorry, Hisho-- I really do hope the game is released in JPN, or at least, that the DLC will work with it...

It might be worth the effort to petition, though there is always the possibility that it might be difficult to make a petition visible to someone in a Lexus with very heavily tinted windows. Especially if he's reading a spreadsheet on his laptop.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

Unhappy JP users can't buy any DLC!!

Fatal thing for JP users who bought US Pulse happened!!

Aka-sho tried to buy US Wipeout Pure with Master card...
    But,(Aka-sho's blog)

After inputing adress... Error
    Only one hope to get Pulse DLC was gone...

Edit: Aka-sho tried to buy Pure on PSS, but failed....
    Last edited by HISHO[JP]; 24th February 2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: He tried to buy Pure, not Pulse DLC. So...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Was the credit card based in PAL territories? I think that the address of the card needs to match the region of the Playstation Store that you are accessing...

Edit: How is anybody getting U.S. DLC? It isn't even released yet, is it?

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

I updated my 43rd post in this thread.

Only one hope to get Pulse DLC was really gone...

WTF!

P.S
    Studio Liverpool can't offer the release of Pulse to Sony Japan, can you?
    Last edited by HISHO[JP]; 24th February 2008 at 09:44 AM.

Sadly, we just make the games, not the international marketing decisions

I think that the Toyota's engine is dead.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Well, I live in Changwon, South Korea and I see Wipeout Pulse for sale here, but as you mentioned, there is no DLC.

It's so unfortunate..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Reminds me of what happened to Wipeout 3 Special Edition, which was released all over Europe but not in France because the sales for the standard edition (Wip3out) were too low…

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

Default No PS2 version too

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/t.../list_pre.html
    No plan for PS2 version in Japan, of course...

Harder to play PS2 version than PSP version because of region problem.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Sorry about that, but if you can, is possible modify your Ps2 for play
    imports in different ways.

Regards.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Weren't there also CDs you can insert to emulate another region? Or was that PS1 only? Or is that wrong in general?

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I think it really does suck that the Japanese pilots cannot get this game in their region...

Region Specific games are more of a frustration to gamers than a solution - when will the "powers that be" recognize this?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Yeah it is enigma for general people... But Sony conducts its own policy. And all because of money

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

More of Sony's bizzare Marketing techniques. Im a bit lost on that, there Marketing structures ideas are becoming very dynamic these days.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Dynamic? I don't think they even have a strategy - a strategy would be to ensure the game gets to those interested parties who actually want it - not to churn out excess copies of the game in one or two regions and only watch half of them sell - giving the game a bad per capita response rate....

However, I do think that Japanese Pilots have had a rough deal over the years regarding Wipeout releases, and imo - they deserve it more than half of us...

I can't see how SOny decided it wasnt viable for the Japanese market when Japan produces more futuristc anime then any other part of the world - Wipeout is at home in Japan....

I seem to recall the Giant "Hello Kitty" on Tokyo Tower in one of the earlier wipeouts (Wipeout 3 / 2097? cant remember) which adds weight to my point...

the fact that Sony have diecided to neglect its' flagship country and not give them this format sucks beyond belief.... very very hard!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Only thing I can possibly guess is that the costs for localisation would outweigh the profit to be made from selling in the Asia region :/

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I agree - but with a corporation like Sony, they could make people like it... They have some of the best ad/marketing campains ever produced running across the globe for their many thousands of products... some of which are absolutely useless - and still got bought, for example - their MP3 player, what a load of shyte!!! ipod rocked.... But people still went out and bought the Sony lol.

I think SOny have it wrong here - Japan is the home of Anime - where the whole "Mecha" genre is still rife - and ammassing more fans by the day. I for one - wholehaeartedly believe that these "Mecha" fans would love a wipeout - they just don't know what it is because Sony have not shown them yet... How butters is that!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I dont see any problems with localization... Even I can localize this game for free into russian in one day There is no so much text in the game. BTW I saw only two games localized to Russian: LocoRoco and LocoRoco2

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I understand all japanese fans of Wipeout, is still the same for Europe, for many fans of japanese RPG's which games don't have a release in Europe, and another games like Yakuza 3, from Sega, title which will not have a release neither in USA, nor in Europe (and this an AAA one).

The future is (or it HAS TO be) the region-free. You import a game from USA and you play it in an European console.