Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone music

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Default Zone music

I think it would have been really cool if they could have done something to speed up the music in zone mode as you speed up. That would have been awesome.
    But ah well, it all done now...

I can't imagine what Tin There would be like in zone mode. It would probably give me a heart attack!

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

I dont know if anyone else here (from the UK, that is) listens to Radio 1 around about midday, Jo Whiley hosts a radio competition called "I want your text". The background music to that is a track called "WipEout", and was made exclusivley for the PSX version of WipEout. Anyway, the idea of the quiz is that you have one minute to answer a question. As the time ticks away, the music gets faster. At the end of the minute, the tempo is about 300bpm.....and it sounds soo coool!!!!!

I never listen to music when I play zone mode... too busy trying to concentrate!

Zone`s more fun with music but alas music can take away your concentration for a split-second, and then you`re Mangled at Mandrashee or something. I get "blocked" in zone a lot, getting too tense and trying too hard which messes up my timing. A run with Stakker Humanoid makes me sit back. enjoy it, and get in the flow again. Zone is strong stuff, you can`t hide your gaming weaknesses from it. :-?

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

I reckon the ideal zone music is something like FSOL-papua new guinea, but more mellow, harmonical, (dare I say classical?) something with virtualy little-to-no beat. Just something to sit back and relax to.... just like that one small bit in stakker/humanoid.... playing zone with utah saints/sick would probably make me sick!

thats a really good task actually.....
    find the ultimate track to play zone to!

Papua New Guinea might be better than Humanoid, hadn`t though of that, its longer and that`s good. It needs to be something with a positive groove to make you feel good and tough, that flows along without big changes to take your attention. Ravel`s Bolero could be interesting if I could last until the end (fifteen minutes!!) If I play to zone to Funny Breaks it feels like I`m in a movie, but I don`t do very well.

I like to listen to radiohead or maybe Fluke when Im not using the soundtrack in Zone mode..radiohead are so good..
    using the xbox to run my own compiled wipeout soundtrack thru the stereo, while getting the race sounds from the TV is excellent

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I think I would like Bolt Up for Zone.

bolt up is my favourite, too

at thruster2097: "Wipeout" is really nice, but I can't concentrate while listen to it!!

Bei Adrenalinmangel wird ihnen wipeout empfohlen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    I dont know if anyone else here (from the UK, that is) listens to Radio 1 around about midday, Jo Whiley hosts a radio competition called "I want your text". The background music to that is a track called "WipEout", and was made exclusivley for the PSX version of WipEout. Anyway, the idea of the quiz is that you have one minute to answer a question. As the time ticks away, the music gets faster. At the end of the minute, the tempo is about 300bpm.....and it sounds soo coool!!!!!

I never listen to music when I play zone mode... too busy trying to concentrate!

the tracks name is 'P.E.T.R.O.L.' by Orbital, and can be found on there album 'In Sides'

Bassheads!!! Bassheads!!!! Bassheads!!! Cut la Roc all the way, lol.

Hmm, a faster Xpander could've been nice.

Bassheads??

Wow rjsec4ever, you're probably the only one here who likes that track!! :

I agree on Xpander though. I think many people like it because it's not as cold as the rest of the wo3 or se soundtrack. Too much trance would have spoiled it though, on the other hand, but a trancey touch never hurts .

V.

What? I'm the only one that likes Bassheads?!? YESSSSSSS!!!!! lol.

But, when it comes to Xpander, I would like the 11'29" version, not the edit.

Here in my city, no one that I know likes trance, just myself; Everyone here likes rap. :x

Now back to subject, what I like on Fusion other than Bassheads is Big Groovy F**ker , but not as much as Bassheads!

there was a time, back when i played zone mode, that i experimented with different kinds of music in the background of it. the most radical of these experiments was when i turned all the sound effects in the game off and wore some isolating headphones while i played, listening to very slow ambient music (i think brian eno's ambient works 1). this was to relieve any sort of stress or anxiety that would cause me to hesitate in controlling the ship, and to allow me to focus entirely on the game with no outside sounds. i believe that after a long while of playing the game you get hypnotized a bit and start to fall asleep at the wheel and my intention was to be able to retain control in this hypnotized state. of the 4 or 5 games i played like this i did not do any better in score than i did just playing the game with sound effects and no music or headphones. i did however realize that my braking technique was what was keeping me from achieving better results, though, and i think the disconnection these tests gave helped me to see that. i also tried playing with normal music but when the song ends and begins again i seem to notice and it takes my attention away from the game (bad).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

.. .. :roll: :roll: .. some wierd stuff .. .. :wink:

The hint for Zone Mode is just control. Accellerate doesn't do anything here, hehe. Right from the starting line, it automatically begins at 1000 kpm, so by not holding X, you are still accellerating. All you have to do is control it, just not crash. I got to Zone level 25 like this. My brother can't even get to Level 7 (Well what do you expect? He's 11 and I'm 17).

I concentrate with SFX off, yes OFF, Bassheads plays in background, and I'm happy.

...and note that the 'I Before E' rule does NOT apply to 'weird'...

Age difference is really not so important when it comes down to gaming. My younger brother usually beats me in most games even though he is 2 years younger than I am, and I - in all non-arrogant honesty - am not a bad gamer at all. And I've heard stories about granddaddies beating their grandsons, and so on!

V.

Default uuse it or loose it?

''...and note that the 'I Before E' rule does NOT apply to 'weird'...''
    and in like wise, due to my reading of fanfiction last night, i would note also that the silent 'e' dOES apply to the act of respiration, and the double 'o' rule does nOt apply to being defeated by someone else in a competition, nor to failure to keep track of one's possessions

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

You've been reading fanfic? You have my sympathies. How many people got "huged"? There must be some mad scientist who has some enlarging ray that he gives to fanfic characters... I also especially hate how there are so many people with (I would imagine) very loose clothing. These would be the "loosers" that are always mentioned. I have yet to figure out how anyone can "loose" something of value though. Still happens a lot.

... Was there some point in time where this thread concerned Fusion? 8 )

oddly enough, there was no huging despite fair amounts of snogging. you'll be unpleased to know that some people forgot to breath and one held ''there breathe''. luckily there are several good writers of fanfic, almost all of the really good ones seem to be middle-aged females. one should generally be wary of authors calling themselves 'Lady Greymist', and absolUtely avoid anyone with 'Koibito' in their name
    the occasional 'Mecha Dude'' does okay within his limited sphere. with them, you'll get some combat action and often loving descriptions of the machinery, but other than that, probably no depth in the characters. now if i could just find an author who likes machinery, swords and sorcery, aNd human relationships, and who is of course articulate