Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite team...

I Dont know, Icaras is so cool, despite being pink(I am somad it was deleted in fusion : )so it would probably be Icaras but Piranha is pretty cool too......

PSN ID
    madwiperII

my favs are:
    wo3: best looking qirex best overall assegai
    wo2097: best looking piranah best overall ag systems
    wo1: auricom
    fusion: best looking tigron best overall xios

Somebody post the story of the Goteki Forty Five's disappearance...

Me=DialUp

Pirahna. Pure speed.

:

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Zero [RG
    [HG]]Somebody post the story of the Goteki Forty Five's disappearance...

Me=DialUp
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    In their heavily guarded Pacific island base, Goteki 45 developed a heavily shielded race craft with famously poor speed capabilities. They recruited pilots who loved to use their aggressive weapons, and they set about destroying as many opposing craft as possible. Other teams speculated that Goteki had been established by officials from a rival sport, eager to put a dent in AG racing’s popularity, but if this was true, the policy had the opposite effect. The increase in spectacular race eliminations brought in a whole new audience who loved the cynical violence of Goteki – they, in turn, were suitably devastated when the team’s island base was cynically destroyed by unknown bombers in 2137.
    And then, due to a cheese-tacular train of thought on my part, the island was acquired by Sebenco Terraforming Technologies Inc. who transformed it from the barren volcanic outpost into the lush, mountainous paradise you see in Wipeout Pure. *cringe*

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Barren volcanic outposts are cool Foxy, but not quite suitable for racing leagues, it had to be done in the name of FX300... maybe :roll:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you.

::Grins.::

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper
    Pirahna. Pure speed.

:
    hhhmmm not to sure on piranah myself, looks good though
    it just feels too light- like all engine no quality
    soz to all piranah fans!!

How did the Goteki team come back though, if it was completely bombed out?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I just figured that the Goteki outfit would be re-established in the same way as the Qirex one. To be honest, I wasn't asked to write any back story for the downloadable teams. Mainly, I think, because we hadn't decided what the teams would be at the time. I was hoping the NX1000 would be one of the unlockables - I pestered Egg about that for a bit - but the others I didn't have a say in.

If it had been my way I'd have prefered Tigron not to be one of them - I had wanted the Qirex story to come full circle, so the re-introduction of the Tigron ship made that a bit messy. I think in the blurb we decided that the Tigron ship for Pure would be an example of the final Tigron ship to roll off the production line, rather than an all new assault by a team I'd gotten rid of. It's kind of hard to see Tigron making any kind of a comeback after their role in the fall of the F9000.

I didn't touch VanUber - they sucked enough in Fusion without me getting all terminal on them, so why they've made a comeback is open to discussion.

You'd like to think this was all nicely planned out from the moment in mid-2003 where they said "lets make another Wipeout game", but the reality is that the game romps along by itself and then the back story ends up being shoehorned to fit as best it can towards the end. At least that's the way it turned out in my case, anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Infoxicated, from your posts I'm guessing that you're working for the development team of Studio Liverpool?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hey Infox,
    do you know if they will add the new tracks and ships to the offical website's sections? They could update the site when the update it for the downloadable content. I would like to see some infos about the new (old) teams and circuits - I'm sure you're the man that has enough fantasy and infos about WipEout in his head to write some (little) backstory, aren't you?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkenmensch
    Infoxicated, from your posts I'm guessing that you're working for the development team of Studio Liverpool?
    Yes.

Sausehuhn, I don't know if they will or not - aside from writing some content I didn't have much to do with the official site.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hm... that's a shame
    Let's hope they will do these updates. There a 4 free spaces in the team section. The new teams would fit these ones perfectly

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Sausehuhn: before they add the new tracks to the site I'd like to see the rest of the shipped tracks in there
    at the moment all of the neotronic tracks are missing
    I'd like to see some blurb about why each of the oldschool tracks was selected and how the neotronic system fits in with fx300

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yes, you're right. They also don't say a word about the zone tracks...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    I'd like to see some blurb about why each of the oldschool tracks was selected and how the neotronic system fits in with fx300
    They were selected with reference to The Great Big Track Survey done on this site. The neotronic style came about because of the time constraints on the project. From early on the PSP was meant to launch worldwide in the final quarter of 2004, but the classic tracks just couldn't be re-done from scratch in that time.

As we all know the launch of the PSP has slipped somewhat, but the initial deadline is what gives us the tron-style tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5

In a way, it still fits within the context. Many of those tracks from earlier games (such as Karbonis and Sagarmatha) haven't existed in over a hundred years, so this could be seen as a VR videogame revival of those tracks for the benefits of the pilots who never got a chance to experience them, based on ancient construction blueprints from a recently unearthed archive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

yes. Played in an simulator or something.
    Sounds cool.

Zone could be the same.
    "Because of its dangers and risks the FX300 racing league decided to deliver zone races only in special near-to-reality-simulators that guaranty the savety of the pilots."

Timezone
    GMT -5

I can see the ads for those now!

Hey AG racers! Tired of hearing the same old stories from your aged old great-grandpa at the old folks home who keeps telling you how you're all a bunch of spoiled wimps who 'don't know what Karbonis was really like' and 'never got to experience Manor Top'? Now's your chance! The VRworld Corp gives you that chance now! Come experience those ancient tracks with all the comfort(*) and safety(*) of a specially designed VR pilot booth!

(*) The VRworld Corp holds no legal liability for any medical conditions developped from using it's patented happy-fun-VR-tech(tm), including but not limited to: headache, dizzyness, migraine, astygmatism, myopia, seizures, shakes, nerve damage, cerebellum injuries, coma, death and excessive sweating. VR tech is not for everyone, consult your notary to update your legal will before use.