Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Favorite team...

you really took my observations to task, there.

that's right.

and presenting the figures in a neatly aligned tabular form is indeed preferable for easier comparison. apologies for not laying them out as such!

and hey, i bow to your insightful appraisal; i took the most basic approach but that which you posted - doubling speed values - appears as valid and consistent with my experience of game as anything else; speed is indeed king. my best times have come from using ag-systems and icaras (i shall post them up actually, would be interesting to see how much slower i am than everyone else)

i've found that acceleration doesn't make that much difference when the top speeds are so marked in difference, and the shield strength doesn't make much difference either - i've read elsewhere here that in fact having a higher shield value is detrimental in one aspect in that all shields replenish at the same rate in the pitlanes, so those with bigger shields take longer to recharge; anyway, i rarely hit the dirt, even in an icaras, or a piranha, or an assegai; unless you find yourself in a particularly vicious pack - which isn't that common since your opponents cannot actually use all the weapons you can of course - you should be able to stream through intact on any track, although you may need 1 or 2 detours into the pits.

handling is a close second as an important value in 3, though - assegai negotiates almost everything with comparative ease and allows for less air-braking, which flings arse and drags from what i can tell, thus allowing you to keep speed up by avoiding this. but yeah, speed is king.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Pretty much. Most of the time it's the only stat I see people consider, but to each his own.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb13 View Post
    handling is a close second as an important value in 3, though - assegai negotiates almost everything with comparative ease and allows for less air-braking, which flings arse and drags from what i can tell, thus allowing you to keep speed up by avoiding this. but yeah, speed is king.
    You're right. Speed is King. Though handleing is also important. And since the assegai is so good at this, while maintaining fair speed, is probably why it's moved up to a close second in my list of "my favorite ships".

Qirex absolutely: you got all, top speed, accelleration and good shield....handling is not very important for me, because the Qirex's airbrakes are very responsive in the most complex track's sections.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

A prime example of how stats aren't everything. Still I just can't get over the bad handling.

Qirex thats my vavorte

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

It's strange. I used to race with the Icaras non-stop, but now-a-days I've taken quite a liking to the AG Systems. It still pretty fast but it just slides around Manor Top like there's no tommorow, lol Auricom has also been an interest as of late. Especially when I just want to take it easy and steady around Sampa.

PSN ID
    darloryan

My favorite ship in Wip3out was easily AG systems...
    until it got butchered in the Special Edition
    in SE it has to be either Qirex or Icaras

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Atc598

Arrow

My favorite team is feisar it's easy to handle you just have to get used to it being slow

Well I'd have to say feisar it's a pretty good team in a track with a lot of corners like stanza inter

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Feisar rocks. I always loved it. I know that it's not the fastest ship, but this just makes the race more exciting IMHO.
    Yes that is soo true it may be slow but It passes up other ships very easily
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 24th December 2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Merged 3 consecutive posts.

Timezone
    GMT -6

For me it was slow and steady {very steady} wins the race... combined with a missle here and there. {{FEISAR}} all the way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    fab0810

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal Shadow View Post
    For me it was slow and steady {very steady} wins the race... combined with a missle here and there. {{FEISAR}} all the way.
    the best ship is assagai for me.

?are you sure infernal shadow?

win all the tracks with all the ships in phantom? not very simple for me (mainly the terminal, the only race i don't have win with all ships in phantom)

otherwise,congratulation!