Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Pilot

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Welcome to the zone ZenDJiNN. As said before: admirable enthousiasm!!! Keep up unlocking everything and downloading everything to have the total Pure experience!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Welcome to the zone ZenDJiNN. As said before: admirable enthousiasm!!! Keep up unlocking everything and downloading everything to have the total Pure experience!!!
    Hey, thanks Mad-Ice. I'm still going strong & having a blast. Just managed to download & play with some new ships, one of which is the "Tigron"?.... It's a great ship, really versatile craft. I'm getting better & faster by the day!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have a bad feeling about this but, I think that the Tigron ship is one of the best-looking ships in the game also.... Can anyone agree with me on this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

No.
    It looks like a pipe with some wing-like thingies attached to it. Although I like its being built of a piece. Maybe that's why I adore Piranha that much, same monolithic construction. Can't deny that it's an awesome craft for tournaments, though. Especially for newcomers, great all-round ship, which I can't choose though, according to my self-imposed rule not to use ships from downloadable content

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Angryman View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this but, I think that the Tigron ship is one of the best-looking ships in the game also.... Can anyone agree with me on this?
    Don't know about the best, but it certainly looks good, and handles well (For a beginner anyway) I'm also trying the Gorecki45 (I think that's the name) and that's really nice as well..... slower & more smooth than the Tigron, not as erratic if that makes sense?

I have to say that I also LOVE the "Classic Tracks".... They're really great!! All in all, i'm just having a blast!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    No.
    It looks like a pipe with some wing-like thingies attached to it. Although I like its being built of a piece. Maybe that's why I adore Piranha that much, same monolithic construction. Can't deny that it's an awesome craft for tournaments, though. Especially for newcomers, great all-round ship, which I can't choose though, according to my self-imposed rule not to use ships from downloadable content
    While i respect your self imposed rule, do you mind if i ask "Why" you have imposed such a rule?

Personally (& again, please excuse the ignorance of a rookie) i feel that the more choice the better, in everything.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Because I am paranoid and see conspiracy everywhere ^^ No, it's just since I don't know any raw dates of them ships you can never be sure if they are balanced. Look at those stats, like Puma. They add up to much more than the default ships'. Anyway, it's "Goteki45" btw, awesome ship from WO3. What you describe as less erratic is only partly true. Goteki is not glued to the surface like many other ships, resulting in a floatier feeling (maybe WO3's legacy?) and it handles like a dream in skilled hands. It's many peoples' favourite ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

I haven't got that much into it yet that i know the different teams etc, but i'm sure that i will given enough time. I'm not really sure what you mean by the Stats of Puma.... (Sounds like a Place in Turkey or somesuch) ...... Could you elaborate on that for the rookie.
    Aaah, Goteki45.... yeah, thanks for that. I'm still trying to get used to all the names of the circuits & ships & teams etc. Well, i like it.... it seems to "Flow" through the air as opposed to some of the others which seem somewhat "Skittish".... the "Pirahna" for instance.... seems fairly quick (Remember, we're still basically talking Vector level here) and i guess you could call that "Responsive" maybe, but it seems to flick around all over the place (At least in my inexperienced hands it does....)
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 9th August 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: unecessary quote being eliminated

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Puma1+2 are two of the downloadable teams that feature ridiculous livery in in the design of the "Puma" sports wear brand.

the "Pirahna" for instance.... seems fairly quick (...) "Responsive" maybe, but it seems to flick around all over the place
    Are you sure we're talking about the Piranha here? Sure it's "fast as lightening" but responsive? This beast can't corner without heavy use of airbrakes and sideshifts, let alone changes lines quickly on a straight However when controlled properly it is the most stable of the pack and you can really feel its huge inertia on long, sweeping tracks, crushing your opponents with ease on all tracks/ classes. Excellent ship to get used to airbraking (the sooner the better!) since it requires their usage even on the slowest classes.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Not very fond of FX300 Goteki45 look-wise. It's nowhere near as elegant as it's F7200 debut model. But it races nice and I can tolerate the unrealistic design because of my loyalty to the team. *self-irony*

And oh. Welcome, welcome. There's plenty of space for another pilot! Is there? Then let's move outside. PSPs won't overheat in chilly night.

*Insert AG-Systems 2116 season slogan here*

Pirahna
    And it's Piranha... or Pirhana. Confusing enough?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    Are you sure we're talking about the Piranha here?.
    It may well be another ship..... I'm still getting used to the names etc. I thought it was the Piranha but i could easily be mistaken at this point in time. Give me a few more weeks or maybe a month or so, and i'll have a better grasp of the names. At the moment i remember them more by shape & colour.

As for airbraking, i've been trying that out all weekend... it's coming along nicely & really makes a big difference to lap times & how i'm racing. Thanks again for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by supersocks View Post
    Welcome, welcome. There's plenty of space for another pilot! Is there? Then let's move outside. PSPs won't overheat in chilly night.
    Hi supersocks.... thanks for the welcome. I've not really been playing long at all.... perhaps a week or so at most, but i did have the chance to get some practice in for Wipeout playing Quantum Redshift on the xbox.

As for ships.... still don't know the difference yet, and the same goes for the teams & circuits. In fact, if you asked me to name the circuits i couldn't yet.... but i'll get there.

I still don't quite get how the whole team/ship thing is structured, but i'm sure that will come in time as well. I'm just playing as much as i can, getting golds, winning races & tournaments, and having probably the best time i've had in years..... it's awesome!!

And i'm definitely gonna get Pulse when it's released.
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 9th August 2007 at 11:49 PM. Reason: merged the 2 successive post in 1

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

I still don't quite get how the whole team/ship thing is structured
    For starters this is a good read: WipEout Teams

And of course Pure's official homepage (look under "Game Info"), where you can find loads of Pure trivia to teams, tracks, history, ... in awesome presentation! (craft specifications are faulty though, although they may indicate Triakis' real handling )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Talking

Thanks ever so much for those links phl0w..... just going to have a look right now, and right after i have just won my FIRST Venom Class race at Vineta K!! First time as well....
    Last edited by Lance; 6th August 2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed. Read the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Huzzah's are in order!

Huzzah....

Come on, I can do better than that....

HUZZAH!

That's better! Cheers for winning your first race on Venom!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Thanks for that HUGE Huzzah!! i'm really pleased. I can't get enough of it, and play every opportunity i can get, and i really LOVE some of the old CLASSIC tracks, especially the RED one (Whatever it's called)
    Last edited by Lance; 6th August 2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Removed redundant quote. Read the guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDJiNN View Post
    i really LOVE some of the old CLASSIC tracks, especially the RED one (Whatever it's called)
    You mean Altima VII?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hi, if you don`t mind and can you stop quoting everytime you reply, just put their names down then we will know.

stevie

Edit# Quote only that part of a post that you are replying to. If you reply to the post that is just ahead of your reply, do not quote at all, unless the replied-to post is very large, and you are commenting only on a small part of it, and you need to quote in order to make clear what you are commenting on. The purpose of these quotation rules is to avoid confusing clutter on the page so that it can be more quickly and easily read.
    [added to the guide by Lance]
    Last edited by stin; 6th August 2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Quotes from the guidelines

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Angryman View Post
    You mean Altima VII?
    It could well be. (Wasn't Altima VII a game in & of itself many years ago?... the name rings a bell) Anyway, it's almost like racing on a red carpet.... great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Hi, if you don`t mind and can you stop quoting everytime you reply, just put their names down then we will know.
    Was that meant for me? If so, yeah, no problem. I thought i was doing OK with the quoting, but i can par it down to almost nothing if it's a problem.

Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Lance; 6th August 2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Two successive posts by same author merged. READ THE GUIDELINES

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Altima was one of the tracks from the first wipeout

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Gotcha. I don't think i ever played any of the previous Wipeouts. But it certainly looks really good on the PSP. Strange, but good. I really like the Classic tracks, lots of jumps and long sweeps....
    Last edited by Lance; 6th August 2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed. READ THE GUIDELINES.