Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machine guns

Default best tt time

I sat down a few months ago to try and beat the time. I knew I would need a few days to beat it, but never got to the second day. Although the game was enjoyable again. Probably won't try it for a while again at least until I'm done with quantum redshift.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Yes, the Pirahna can use the MG. nothing beats a pirahna with an MG!!

Default Re: machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    It just bothers me while I am racing. I ditch every weapon anyways except for autopilot or turbo. The rest just make ships stop in front of you
    Nah i never liked much the autopilot thing, we would have been better off with a weapon like an em pulse that like disrupted the ag capabilities of the contenders and making them skate and skid contacting the track, losing a bit of control, think of it as an evolution of the electro bolt. Psygnosis can use that idea if they (or whoever has the franchise now) promise to contract the designers republic again for the next game , and also something more in the vein of xl, lets face it that game reeks in good design, i dunno of favorites, but xl is the one that has better ambiance overall, everyting fits so almost perfect. Besides the autopilot is too much of a lazy thing and always kinda took me off the immersion i was when playing

About the contenders stopping in front of you when hit, i dunno, i think it fits the fast pace when you have to dodge em afterwards, and without aggresive weapons the game just wouldnt be the same, just ask the guy that made the intro for XL.

Also i have this idea for a special turbo animation in which part of the vehicle chassis blows off to lose weight and the thrusters go insanely bright, and the whole craft vibrates like a spacecraft re-enterig the atmosphere, heh maybe that would look better into something like f-zero (which i like also, but not as much as the wo series).

BTW, hi all, im new here, does anyone want to gimme a negcon as a welcome gift?

Default About ditching weapons

I ditch them when I go for best times, not in multiplayer. I was just stating the fastest way to get around a track. If your spending your time shooting opponents, it gets more and more likely to run into them from behind, which is basically the same as hitting a wall. As far as autopilot, I was just saying what the fastest way around manor top(for me) is.

hi Mano, welcome to the forums. um... i don't even have a negcon. i just use the D-pad on a conventional controller

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I might have a negcon, if I could only fix the stupid thing :wink:

In the game, Wipeout 64, team Feisars special weapon is a Machine Gun, and if you have the Cyclone, an upgraded weapons system. You win by beating the the games Two in One Challenge "Racing and Weapons". You get this special weapons system, that makes average weapons and special weapons ten times more powerful.

Default Re: About ditching weapons

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    I ditch them when I go for best times, not in multiplayer. I was just stating the fastest way to get around a track. If your spending your time shooting opponents, it gets more and more likely to run into them from behind, which is basically the same as hitting a wall. As far as autopilot, I was just saying what the fastest way around manor top(for me) is.
    So very true, misunderstanding there then, you were talking about fastest times, i, about the overall feeling of the game, i stand corrected.

Hi there Lance, its so great to have found this page and forums and to see its active, in my country (Peru) there arent many fans of the game, some ppl just like it, but beyond that, i havent found one soul here yet; around here the only things that get any playing are fighting games, soccer games, counter-strike, and starcraft.

Since the players nature here is that, and adding to the fact that this is a faraway from videogames sources and 3rd world country, wipeout xl for pc never came here, the only thing ive found is a disc that has an incomplete version of the game that has no movies and soundtrack, i will try to put the sound files and movies from my psx cd on the corresponding directories and see if that works; can anyone tell me what are the file extensions on both the movies and soundtracks? so i can convert the files into that format, also please the name o the directories. ah if anyone is willing to spare me from that and point me to a place where i can dl a complete version would be great.

For those who cant get wipeout xl on pc, the psx emulated one runs great on epsxe (best psx emu out there), and with the enhancements and all, i think it runs very competitive with the pc version; a plus is you can use an original psx pad on the pc with directpadpro 5.0, i dunno if it would recognize a negcon tho (darnit i would love one of those controllers)

Btw. i just read the whole topic on the origins and some explanation on the original wipeout.....great.

a litlle list of wipeout stuff i would love to get but cant find here:

Wipeout XL PC
    Wip3out 3se
    NEGCON ***

(sorry, i went a bit off-topic)

mm.. well, perhaps you should have introduced yourself in the ''pilot's lounge'' section, since that's partly what it's for.
    but i can say hi anywhere. glad to see another south american here. there are only two that i know of, and the other one is inactive as a poster.

i don't know if you can get WO3SE to work for you without having a modified game console. does Peru use the north american NTSC television display standard, or the european-australian PAL, or something else? you could use an emulator, i suppose. different experience, though, i would think.

downloading a complete WOXL/2097 from the net may be impossible. the game complete with everything but the music used to be available as a download file of less than 12 megabytes. but that was a year ago. i could never find it after that. less than 12 megabytes! that always surprised me for some reason. high-quality 3d racing games ought to be within reach of portable machines.

negcon, smegcon. i shall never give in! analog controls are evil! eVil, i tell you!

We use NTSC here, even the idea about us using a custom system aside PAL-SECAM/NTSC scares me, we prolly would have never seen a video game if that were the case!!; and yeah i was planning on running it on an emu; true its a different experience, but not better or worse than the actual psx, i actually would recommend ppl with a psx and a pc to try an emu (epsxe in this case), there are graphic and sound enhancements that improve the experience.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    .negcon, smegcon. i shall never give in! analog controls are evil! eVil, i tell you!
    You should try the Dual Shock D-Pad. It's way better than the standard controller D-Pad which in fact hurts my left thumb after racing for long (I can play endless hours with my Dual Shock D-Pad ).

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    but i can say hi anywhere. glad to see another south american here. there are only two that i know of, and the other one is inactive as a poster.
    my parents r fr chile so let's say 2 and a half!

xeik, i use the D-pad of a MadCatz [a transparent red one]
    the MC has a good shape, solid feel, smooth D-pad. the basic no sticks no shocks Sony controller is too small, too light, and too clicky for my taste

Yeah, the DS2 suffers from those same problems, Lance (except maybe for the light thing, although it is pretty light).

I use the Mad Catz one's as well (DF2-Pro), but the problem I have with them is that they don't last. I went through 2 DF's in 1 year, then I got a DF2, and it actually lasted me for more than a year.

But when I was playing Vice City, it was done for, as Tommy wouldn't walk backwards anymore, and all the cars veered to the right (which means the analog is off calibration), so back to the store for another one.

But now they have a DF2-Pro, Pro meaning that they made it cheaper than the regular DF2 (which isn't for sale anymore) so I suspect this one will only last 6 months as well. :\

I wish they made another controller that has the same wonderful feel/grip that the DF series does.

All the other controllers I've seen are funky shaped, it's as if they never intended humans to actually use them. :\

i like Sega's own design for the Dreamcast controller very much. overall the best controller i've used

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman
    All the other controllers I've seen are funky shaped, it's as if they never intended humans to actually use them. :\
    just look at the Xbox controller! can anyone say "pie"?