Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Gamer Tag Thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

by the way, can anyone recommend a good PS3-compatible bluetooth headset?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

According to the US PlayStation boards:

"All makes and brands of Bluetooth headset should work with the PS3"

It has Bluetooth 2.0 as well and is compatible with older headsets. As for a specific brand, just ask around. Sadly I've never owned one, and I might need to ask that question myself.

Good stuff eL, congratulations on getting your new black box. Can`t wait to race you online, I believe we have some unfinished business......

(me and my big mouth, you`ll probably fry my ass like you did with a particularly nasty Sagarmatha plasma I can still remember)

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    by the way, can anyone recommend a good PS3-compatible bluetooth headset?
    The one with Warhawk?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well I, too, read that practically any bluetooth headset should work - on the other hand I have read of all kinds of issues with all kinds of brands. But maybe that was only the early days, and now all of them work fine... thanks for the info anyways.

@lunar: we do indeed have some 'unfinished business' - means my hands are akin' for some high-tension racing with you
    btw, couldn't find your PSN ID - mind sharing it? (assuming you have a PS3 already...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

PSN ID- Nadia_Elenova
    I can't wait to see you on HD! ...using the rear view, of course (no, just kidding! )

BTW, I'm using an ericsson bluetooth headset and works fine in MGO (when connection is good), but didn't look around too much so maybe there are better brands, I don't know.
    Last edited by Nadia Elenova; 30th August 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: PSN ID was wrong, now it's ok

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

k thanks!
    just tried to sign in again, and it told me 'Use of PLAYSTATION NETWORK has been suspended. Please try to sign in later.'

Anyone know what's up with that???

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

It's server maintenance.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yep the network is down for some time (A few hours).
    BTW I said so already but feel free to add me, ID is same as username here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Congrats Martin ! i ll have a light-wallet right after buying me a ps3 this september and will add you of course

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

I tested out a Motorola Bluetooth headset that I have used in the past for my mobile. Just wanted to see how it connected with the PS3. It worked, but the results were bad. I get this echo, but I am thinking it's the proximity of the mic and speaker on the headset that's doing that.

May look into getting one of those ones that have a boom at the end of the headphone. You know like the ones those hardcore and Xbox gamers have. Heard from a friend that the headset for the new SOCOM is good and is like the one I described.

As I said above, I may get one of those. Not sure any of you really want to hear me and my excuses when we play HD

Feel free to add me...SpaceboyG

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Thanks for the tip! haven't really looked around yet, since Sony just announced an 'official' PS3 headset (which is due in October). So now I'll wait until I know exactly when HD is coming - if it doesn't arrive in September, I'll probably wait for the 'official' one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I have the Jabra BT-125 that comes with Warhawk. No troubles pairing it but I wouldn't know about the sound quality since I am not on the receiving end.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

PSN ID : Asayyeah

Entered the Black Phat Club yesterday by a brand new 80Gb ( cousin of Martin's one )
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 9th September 2008 at 02:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

YEAH! Got so excited when I saw your add request that I accidentally deleted it! Sent you a new one of course! Now HD and a headset, and we are GO!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Got so excited when I saw your add request
    Quoted For Truth xD As I already told you nice to have you with us when HD comes out Asa

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

(rescinded post, see moderator message below) :/
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 7th September 2008 at 01:47 PM.

Default Mod message.

If would-be racers are actually looking for people's gamer tags on this thread, they will have a damned difficult time finding them amongst the litter of totally unrelated subjects. If you want to discuss wireless headsets and console acquisitions, please be more considerate of those looking for the info they expected to find here, and discuss these other subjects in appropriate threads.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

How about editing the first post in this thread and adding in a list with all PSN IDs mentioned?

Completely unnecessary if people stay on topic, and that suggestion would also require a mod to edit the opening post everytime someone posted their PSN ID [Does anyone know someone who needs more of their unpaid time and work used for such purposes? ], not to mention that the editing would be unlikely to contain their brief introductory comments.

Back to topic, please. Any suggestions as to modification of the form of the thread should be suggested in PM to the admin or the mods rather than in this thread. Yes, I know they'll send 'em to me cos I'm the bigmouth of the lot. [Please do not ask how my mouth got so big. ]