Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Controllers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

80!!! Guess I was lucky getting mine for something like 10 or 20 Euros. They ARE as rare as they are good, though.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Umm, yes that is a great deal. I mixed up my currencies, sorry. I believe it was actually my PS2 which cost the 80 pounds. (aqua blue, it looks good with a black neggie!)

Tooo many night shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by djb View Post
    i had to get rid of pulse cos i found it so infuriating without a neggy
    sorry yep i meant pure! i cant even remember the name of it i scrubbed it from my memory so well!

here is the story of a particularly badly afflicted Negcon fanatic, which I found while having a sneaky hunt for black negcons on Google. As Medusa said elsewhere, something needs to be done for PS3 Wipeout to give us the control the game deserves. I hope some combination of stick/pad and tilt can do it, we`ll have to see. If not we could be going down similar pathways to this guy.

Mark Of Insanity is offline Pilot's License Suspended Rapier Pilot

I did think of doing something like that, like modding a Neggie to also have an extra two analong (trigger) l2 and r2 buttons, as well as seriously considering voiding my warranty and destroying my PSP my giving it a Neggie swivel... but that's out of my current reach, because it would cost alot, especially if any mistakes were made.

Do we have any millionaire wipers?

Did anyone ever start a Negcon petition?..probably a bit too late now anyways, Sony should build some sort of box device you could plug a Negcon into, which would then work wirelessly with the ps3, or just get on the phone to Namco and develop a new one, also world hunger, disease and war should be stopped at once, and while were at it id like to win the lottery and maybe grow a couple of extra inches in the trouser dept...

who was the inventor of the Negcon anyway? im a straight man who wants to have his babies.

''who was the inventor of the Negcon anyway?''

That's something I've sure wondered a few times.

namco. they should make a negcon two with dual analog sticks and tilt sensors(that might make it good for mech games as well)

I meant ''whom'', like the name of the actual guy who invented the split twist idea/mechanism. Like Iishi Sakamoto or something. I guess we can rule out Yuji Naka.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Not exactly sure if this should be here or some other thread, but anyway...
    I use a modified xarcade stick to play wipeout but I've also recently purchased a gyropad for PC, these are available for ps2, but I doubt for ps1...

I've had a go on wip3out:se using pSXfin v1.13 and one of these gyropads and it was fantastic, if I wasn't already used to the arcade stick in epsxe, or if pSXfin supported petes OGL2 driver, I would be using this gyropad for wipeout all the time.

(If anyone has any idea how to get dualshock compatibility working in epsxe PLEASE post how this is done, in big red writing everywhere.)

If you're looking for an immersive/intuitive analogue controller for wipeout, this is the best I've used. (dont forget to reverse the up/down axis)

Wireless G-Pad Pro Motion Sensing Gamepad
    Last edited by DaWorFizm; 21st November 2007 at 06:00 AM. Reason: -wrong emulator

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Talking

the NeGcon is great but I'd seriously consider the Ultra Racer, I use it even more than I use my Neggie, I find it a little more precise and comfortable, though I am sure the mythical black NeGcon would outshine it

I just got my self a couple Jogcons, still need a game to test the analogue steering with but I find the digital control on it much better than any other PS pad I've used so far, just wish the NeGcon had it's vunderful handle/grips

Churr
    -Stevihe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

here you can read an interesting list of various controller tested by our fellow member Thruster2097.
    If Rob find the time to include that G-Pad-Pro controller into the list which seems a good one ( NeGcon all the way for me )

Timezone
    GMT + 10

The G-pad Pro is like the Airpad, It's good for a bit of fun and a different experience, if you're one of those people like me who tends to naturally sway with a game then motion sensing is nice enough, it can be a little annoying when I forget it's on and use the D-pad instead but setting records with it might be possible with a lot more practice.

(BTW, watched some of your videos on youtube, good stuff. "WipEout 2097 Qirex Challenge part2" - great flying there. nicely done.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thx mate

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I just noticed that the Guncon 3 has been released. WHERE THE @^#%
    IS THE NEGCON 2???? Sigh. I'm sorry, I just had to get that out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I've tried the Airpad a long time ago and never got along with it. Since you don't get an _immediate_ response as to how far you actually tilt the pad I find it difficult to fly on a precise trajectory. The same goes for Sixaxis and Wii remote. I like traditional analog.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I have a short question about the white NegCon:

Were there two versions with different shoulder buttons?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Yes - one version has rounded, oval-type shoulder buttons and the other version has shoulder buttons with "square" ends. (If that makes any sense without a picture.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Okay then I know I've not seen any fake pictures
    The rounded is the newer one, eh?

PSN ID
    DIGI-KORE

ages ago i had a GP32 (open source portable games device) and there were people making usb keyboards etc for it (it had no support for them by default)

if there was someone into PSP modding, wouldnt it be possible to convert a negcon to usb for that? im fairly sure ive seen other input devices for the PSP, wouldnt be too hard would it if you knew what you were doing?

//edit
    ive found a video of a guy using a negcon on his pc through a usb converter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Ae0mCMkHE so ill lookinto supoprt for usb devices with a psp

//edit 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sgh2mzfck well that guys half way there
    Last edited by CR4SH3D; 15th January 2008 at 10:59 AM.