Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W'O" records

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Believe me, I've been through that, but that was largely because I was one of the first users to seriously make an attempt at WO1 records. At first my Altima VII times were 20-30 seconds ahead of 2nd. Now...not so much

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I agree with AG-Wolf. Maybe he's playing with the PSN version and doesn't know it's very different than WipEout 1 PS1. It's a legitimate mistake so he shouldn't be accused of cheating just yet. It's also possible he really did get a better time, who knows.
    To make sure we must contact him, but we have to figure out how before thinking that him not replying here means that he is effectively cheating.

There`s no crisis here. Nobody is accusing Kieran of cheating. He`s pretty obviously not faking times, it could just be a misunderstanding. I`m asking for clarification because his Altima TT times seem faster than I could imagine are possible. He`s 8 tenths ahead of Enrique for the fastest lap. 8 tenths on Wipeout 1 venom is an eternity. Enrique is a tenth ahead of me, and believe me my lap is arrived through a lot of work - every speed pad, every inch of pitch control worked on, and every turbo point I can think of tested. I don`t understand how he could get 8 tenths on Enrique and 9 on me - doesn`t mean it could not be done, and if he doesn`t want to reply then hey ho we can live with it. If it`s legit this is a really great time - the rest of Kieran`s times elsewhere aren`t that great, but maybe he`s just great at Altima and knows some secrets about that track that no-one else does. This would be a very very difficult time to get - it would require a negcon and a lot of dedication and research if it`s possible at all. You wouldn`t get this time because of a lucky lap, and you would know why you had got it.

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    isn't it kinda mean to be imediately skeptical of someone when their times are right near the top of the list?
    It`s not a matter of being "immediately skeptical", Kieran has been submitting times for a while and I try to choose my words, and wouldn`t bring this up if I didn`t seriously think there was something to talk about. I`m quite happy to get beaten, all of us are. The NTSC times in the same class and track are a lot closer, and I`m well beaten there. Yes it would be wrong to accuse someone of cheating just because you`re beaten, it`s just as misguided never to ask for clarification incase someone accuses you of a witch-hunt. Nothing wrong with politely asking him a question, as far as I can see.
    Last edited by lunar; 22nd September 2008 at 08:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

I'm inclined to say the responses to the new records have been fairly measured thus far.

Isn't there a rule about a turnaround for records to be responded to before they're removed?

- F

"I`m quite happy to get beaten"

I know that cannot be true!

I am not accusing him of cheating either, but I guess that that was done with the ps3 version of the game, and should have not been entered, mistakenly, not on purpose. Eric, people accused me of cheating and I provided evidence to whoever wanted it, so I feel that someone who doesn't want to provide evidence, then the times are suspect. To be 26th on talon's reach in vector and first by a long shot in wo1, gets suspicions going due to the much higher difficulty of wipeout 1.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lunar and al, you've both got fair arguments *nods*

all I can say is Im glad I'm content to get bitchin' times for my own objectives and not try to be on the top of each list Qirex may never beat Piranha in XL, but damn if I'm not gonna try to at least be the fastest Qirex pilot

Give him a while to show proof I suppose

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Eric :' damn if I'm not gonna try to at least be the fastest Qirex pilot
    '
    Missed, it's Lance the purple bullet-brick mod

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Ha, hardly. The only Phantom Time Trial times he has are on Valparaiso... where I have 3.2 seconds on him in single lap, and 23 seconds on him in race time. No shortcut involved, either.

I don't do the slower "difficulties" because they're a joke.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Slower classes are no joke in my opinion. In general they're a lot harder to time trial, because the lower speed means more people are putting out flawless laps, which leaves far, far less room to make mistakes and still end up on near or at the top of the tables. If anyone thinks putting out a top time in Phantom is difficult, I suggest he try fighting the pros on lower speed classes.

- F

Yeah, but it is much much harder to get a good time on phantom. It is very hard to get in first on the slower speed classes

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I might tool around with it sometime, I haven't been playing anything lately (I havent even finished Spilskinanke)

I can appreciate that it may be difficult to get the fastest ranked time on lower classes; but the only thing that appealed to me in the time trial runs I've done was getting my Phantom Qirex times *shrug* Like you said, anyone can get perfect laps at slower classes... but not just anyone can fly a concrete traffic barrier with an engine strapped to it at 330kph and not hit a wall

I'll be giving the qirex a go soon

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

mind you, my times are without shortcuts and no negcon remember ;P That was the ultimate purpose of all the videos I was making.

Have they figured out how to do qirex AND piranha times on the tables yet?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Already done!
    You can enter one time for each ship, and you can filter the tables to only show you records for one ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    Qirex may never beat Piranha in XL
    Have a look at the Venom lap records for Talon's Reach. *g*

Needed to be said.

Yep, Ben, you and I discovered this in a personal competition. Which was great fun.

PSN ID
    love9sick

Where do you guys post your scores? I just got the original again, though I am extremely rusty. Need to get back in shape, though Wipeout HD is making that a bit hard as that is what I play mostly.

In the records tables of wipeoutzone.com, which requires [because of historical happenstance] a separate registration from that of the forums in order to post racetimes.

Love9sick, please note that the PSN download version is not allowed on the tables, and all of the times are set with the original Playstation game disc for the correct region. The WipEout tables are pretty competitive, though I have to admit we don`t have 125,000 or so registered players like HD!

Yes, as I just noted in another thread: with a disk and a console it was made for. Matching regions.