Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wipeout1

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default wipeout1

Did you guys ever completed the original Wipeout1 game?

if so please reply thanxs

mind you i just got the game last week and its really cool.

stin

ps even c64,cd rom or ps1. as long the game is completed!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wish I could. I only got hold of it a couple of months ago and I'm totally stuck on Silverstream. Everyone just disappears for a lap!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I did, and some other people here as well. But it took me quite a long while to beat Rapier championship. Silverstream is very hard. Everybody agrees that W'O" is the hardest in the series (the handling and collisions have much to do with it) but in my opinion the hardest time I've ever had in any WipEout game was with the fourth prototype in Wip3out at Phantom class. Great skill is needed there to finish first.
    By the way if you win Rapier Championshipyou'll be able to race Firestar which is quite a nice circuit but in my opinion not as hard as Silverstream.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

yeah, wtf is with silverstream? It's almost like it has reduced traction, which shouldn't be a factor with hovercraft....and then the wall collisions ALWAYS stopped you dead.

i loved silverstream!!!

so fast and cool......
    its made of artificial crystal so it is slippery.

and yes the stopping really annoyes me aswell!!!!!! :wink:

(PS...shouldnt this topic be in wipeout 1??)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

but with ships that have no real contact with the track surface, why would it be slipperey?

um.............

*rhys thinks fast*

poetic(gaming) licence?????? :wink:

maybe the anti grav thing is stronger there?????

Yeah, I did complete WipeOut. Owning a Saturn makes things easier . I've never played the PS version.

There is a corner in SilverStream that is almost impossible to take without colliding with the walls. Very tough one. But my favourite always was Korodera, the post-industrial Russian track.

Peace,
    V.

yes, i finished it a lot of times... until wipeout 2097 (xl) was out!
    For silverstream, there are 2 differents ways : one is short but tricky, the other faster but longest.... try the two ways!
    After finishing the championship, you will discover the final track which is very fun!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I did .. the most challanging of the psx gamez!

Quote Originally Posted by xEik
    the hardest time I've ever had in any WipEout game was with the fourth prototype in Wip3out at Phantom class. Great skill is needed there to finish first.
    you'll get no argument there - the highest ive ever ranked there is 3rd i think... and that was after a couple hours trying to master it on Phantom.

I saw i copy of the original Wipeout about a week ago for $5 US... starting to regret the fact that i didnt buy it.

I used to be able to beat Silverstream pretty consistently, but that was a long time ago. : You have to use the airbrakes... a LOT. Play it like you would Ridge Racer, and powerslide around the corners. And practice, practice, practice! It's actually a pretty fun track, once you get used to it.

As for reduced traction, maybe it's up in the mountains, where the air is thinner. :roll: Okay, so it's a stretch. I'm trying...

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Never beat SIlverstream...

I never did beat Silverstream yet, but I HAVE gotten gold on EVERYTHING in Wipeout 64, which is no easy feat. The challenge on Macheon II with only the Qirex Superweapon is sure tough! I got Fusion today, and I still don't own a PS2! Isn't it sad?

Oh well!
    At least I got Fusion the day it came out! ^_^

Vagrant Logic OUT

PSN ID
    Z-U

Default Silverstream - Bit over designed - oops :)

Sorry all - I thought Silverstream would be a great challenge - but after listening to all the comments - it was clearly too tough. I seem to remember absolutely hammering with ease even on Rapier, but there is really only one route around it that's worth taking and if you've not got the airbrake timings and distances spot on, you'll have little chance. 3 good laps is what it takes Some people thought Mars was even harder!? Piece of p^%$ I say.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Default Silverstream: ROX

Yeah, I completed Silverstream.
    If you're still having trouble with it, here's how I managed it:
    1) Tackle it only on Venom. Deal with Rapier later.
    2) Take the shortest path (I always use Right, Right, Left), learn to use the boosts.
    3) Use the FEISAR.
    There are many sections of the track that are difficult to master, the proper attack is as important as the right amount of airbrake. For example: The sharp left in the first cave. If you attack it from the left side, you hit the triple boost, which means you need HARD airbrakes _through_ the boost so that you're facing the right way after the boost. If you attack from the right side, less airbrake and a sharper turn (nose down) will do it for you. You can really take this track a lot of different ways, it's part of the beauty of the track. If you end up hating the "FEISAR through the short path" method, you can always try the "Qirex through the long path" method, I've heard of pilots beating it that way.

Nick: Don't apolgize for Silverstream!!!
    Wipeout is awesome, it's the only one that's amazingly well balanced. In no other Wipeout is there really a point to the FEISAR, no situation in which it truly shines as "The Ultimate Craft". WOXL is all Qirex until it's all Pirhana. In WO3, anwhere that FEISAR is good, the Goteki is better. The only real "problem" with Wipeout is that it's a bit of a short game. Once youv'e gotten the hang of the game, you can get through the first 5 tracks fairly easily. And then you hit bang up against the Silverstream wall. This is not a bad thing! Just when you think you've mastered the game, you can't even place 3rd in Silverstream. So people can either give up, or buckle down and really play. I'm sure that _that_ was what made Wipeout a winner, the fact that it's tough to beat. When you finally do beat it, you get Firestar! What a reward! A pure speed course with more boost pads than you can shake a stick at! Wow!
    So don't go apologizing for brilliance and greatness.

Agreement with Task, it only took me 2 tries to beat Silverstream in Venom Competition mode, and i just bought it today. I think i used the same paths as he suggested too.

__My Observations__
    Walls are very touchy.
    Tracks are pretty good, Korodera V is my fav (with all the twists)
    Feisar is indeed the best ship of the 4, it seems to be the fastest.

I havent dealt with Rapier yet, im gonna leave that for tuesday, cause i need to study for my exam on monday.

PSN ID
    Z-U

Default Korodera V

I'd have to agree with Armouredgear there. Korodera V was my favourite at the time too. Very fast and there are some great lines through it. Must go and buy a PS1 and dig out my copy of wipeout 1. Not played it in about 6 years!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Talking of buying a PS1. Why don't PSOne have link port. Why should I buy one if I can't link it to my older PSX and play W'O"?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

it's portable! =)

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Re: Korodera V

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burcombe
    I'd have to agree with Armouredgear there. Korodera V was my favourite at the time too. Very fast and there are some great lines through it. Must go and buy a PS1 and dig out my copy of wipeout 1. Not played it in about 6 years!!
    just asking if you got ps2 yet? if yes it does work for ps1 games.

its sounds a right tough game and i`m very pleased i got the WIPEOUT1 LOL!

stin