Thread: WipEout Fusion - PS3 compatibility

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

PS1 games cause no problems on PS3 as far as I know

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Hold that thought, WipEout 3 froze on the checkpoint laser a few minutes ago.

Maybe Fusion, will work someday.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Fusion works fine on my PS3. But other games just dont work all together and some have time lag and a blurry image that makes the game completely unusable. But i happy ive got the PS3 with the old PS2 Emotion Engine in it.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm happy I still have my PS2.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

This is a question for those with PS3's who have tried PS2 games (any, not necessarily Fusion specifically...). What version of the PS3 do you have, if you have had problems with the backwards compatibility?
    I ask this because according to Wikipedia (LOL...I know how that sounds), the NTSC-A (North American) 20GB and 60GB PS3 models actually have the emotion chip in them and are hardware-based in their PS2 compatibility, as opposed to the emulation-based compatibility of all other region PS3's, and the 40 and 80 GB NTSC-A versions.

So basically, has anyone with a 20 GB or 60 GB NTSC-A console tried (Fusion and other) PS2 games on it? Are these also basically worthless for PS2 gaming?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

What you say about the 20GB and 60GB NTSC-A (As well as NTSC-J) is true. However I do no have Fusion so I cannot try it on my PS3 (A 60GB). However I've not had any troubles playing my other PS2 games.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Hopefully they'll offer it through the PlayStation Network. Obviously Sony wants to focus more on digital downloads of old games (see PSone classics and PSP games like Pure) and they'd be crazy not to offer games like GT3, ATV Offroad Fury and of course Fusion for download at $10-15 a pop.

PSN ID
    flashbax1

I play fusion a fair bit on my ps3, Its ok to start off but as you get into a few hours of the game it all starts to fall apart. I end up going into the track the game starts to get flicker really bad and the sound has issues. My ship even get so p*&&%d off it commits Suicide and its normally on the final lap and i'm in first place...But when all said and done i still go back to it, that is until the big day..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

60gb, Emotion engine;

Fusion plays fine for the most part, but completely freezes whenever I get screen flicker. When playing it on a PS2, the screen would flicker (almost seems like a weird interlacing effect) but keep playing and fix itself... maybe the PS3 can't handle whatever the interruption is.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Model# CECHA01 (60GB PLAYSTATION 3 System)
    Some PlayStation 2 or PlayStation (PS one™) format software titles may perform differently on this system than they do on PlayStation 2 or PlayStation systems, or may not perform properly on this system. (released November 2006)
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Enter 'Wipeout Fusion' and click submit.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I have a 60gb version of the PS3, and all my PS2 games work fine. One odd thing is that Star Wars Battlefront 2 that my nephew has works great. Yet I got a used copy and it doesn't even show up in the menu. The disc isn't scatched or anything. That is the only game I've had not work. But my nephews copy does. <sigh>

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You have to check to code on the games spline against the Playstation compatibility site.
    I thought the code would be the same depending on country,but that's not the case,it seems it's where it was manufactured that accounts for the differences.
    I've seen up to 5 different codes of the same game sold from different stores in the same city,all PAL region.
    I imagine the differences would be even larger for NTSC region as the market is bigger.