Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock up of Qirex and Feiser

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 D New images for PS3 Wipeout! Hilarious!

I'm betting that the author of those images is going to be seriously impressed that someone confused his year-old work for advance artwork from PS3 WO!

All that stuff was made by one of the members of this forum.
    Truly class stuff, he was making images as well as an updated WO1 intro.

It's all here in the forum, you'll find it if you look around.

Man, you've totally made my day, throwing the "Product Of Sony Entertainment" label on fan art! Fantastic! 8 )

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Tora! (Tora_2097)

Those are images from Tora's wipeout movie

Yes, he will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Doak16 View Post
    Therefore, I am thinking need to created about these unkown parts.
    Do you have any comments to make 3D model about it? If you have some opinions about creating shape of unkown parts. Plese give me your suggestion.
    Hope this helps

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../karbonis1.jpg

It is from the pure gallery and it is the underside of an ag craft. I don't think it is qirex but I thought it may give you some ideas and inspiration for the underside of your mock up.

Good luck

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    I'm betting that the author of those images is going to be seriously impressed that someone confused his year-old work for advance artwork from PS3 WO!
    Lol very true.
    We also had that news in few french forums last year about new ps3 WipEout pictures : fake rumour like that shitty one about "motorsport" engine for new WipEout...

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Jetmoto2 - what?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Talking Thank you very much!!

Dear, Task

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I didn't know that,
    It's utterly amazing that all stuff was made by one of the members of this forum.
    His name is “Tora-2097”, isn’t he? Is he member of development stuff? How to redesign Qirex and Feisar. I am interested in new Qirex.

Anyway, I tried to search such images. At first, I couldn't found images, but after a day, I could found such images. Because, Sausehuhn (Zone Pilot) gave me URL of old logs. I took pleasure in looking at many image data.
    I felt similarly design factor from above mentioned antigravity ship and snow-speeder.
    The antigravity ship resembles Snow-Speeder from “StarWars” aircraft.
    For instance, similarly points are basic shape, painting and an oil stain. Is Next wipeout design devoted to its factor in starwars?
    How dou you think about next design?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, q_dmc12

Thank you for your information.
    Is he beronging in development stuff of SCE?
    I watched old log. Your suggestion was a great surprise to me. Because I would like to make 1st model to faithful to Wipeout XL / 2097 model. And after 1st model, I will make original Qirex as a 2nd model. Finally, I will design the anti-gravity ship by myself.
    If Tora-2097 already finished to make design about hole ships, I have to make model quickly.
    Did you watch other ship design? (For instance AG-systems, auricom and Qirex.)

Dear, andy

I felt nice image for me, and thank you very much. This is arranged and a helpful guide for making 3D-CG model. And I took pleasure in looking at image data.

I think the bottom side design is difficult. The reason is that we don’t know real anti-gravity (AG) system.
    Accordingly, I have a simple question. AG ships were controlled by AG system, therefore, Do AG ships need a jet engine or rocket motor? And, I think AG ships don’t need to help aerodynamics equipments.

Needless it may be, but I like such design with jet engine, rocket motor, wing, flap, and rudder. Well, Qirex’s bottom side may be equipped aerodynamics parts.
    How do you think about AG ship design?

Dear, Asayyeah

I agree with you.
    I watched your writing, and then , I tried to find some information of new Wipeout. I found only one JPG file. But this JPG file too small for me to read. If you have PDF files of this news. Please teach me some information or URL concerning this news.

image01.jpg

Dear, q_dmc12

I am sorry, I did not know about Jetmoto2. I asked to teacher google about Jetmoto2. I quoted from website; (http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/jetmoto2)
    Jet Moto 2 Special Features:
    *10 different riders, 10 new tracks with challenging new obstacles and traps, improved 3D graphics and resolution, 2 player head-to-head competition…
    This game is not yet featured in any gamelists...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, Sausehuhn

Thank you for your information every time. Your suggestion is already appropriate. Thanks a lot.
    I was surprised at many good images. I felt nice data for me, and thank you very much. And I took pleasure in looking at images.

Anyway, Do you know Hydroplane? Hydroplane is RC. It can run on the ground, water and flying sky. Hydroplane (or Hydro Foam) motion like a wipeout ship motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv076uC_Mnc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3G_3IUS_rk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS1-f7tm-6w

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

AG ships were controlled by AG system, therefore, Do AG ships need a jet engine or rocket motor? And, I think AG ships don’t need to help aerodynamics equipments.

Needless it may be, but I like such design with jet engine, rocket motor, wing, flap, and rudder. Well, Qirex’s bottom side may be equipped aerodynamics parts.
    How do you think about AG ship design?
    I remember a site called american antigravity (excuse the name) which someone was able to make balsa wood 'lifter' model, about the size of a 5"x5" floppy, float on a cushion of ionized air. I also recall a (theoretical) design for a scramjet model to implement this.

the links are:

lifter video @ american antigravity

Ionic Scramjet design

alternate lifter resource
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 30th April 2007 at 01:48 AM. Reason: link fixed :-)

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Default Install the Lifer = Antigravity unit = on the Qirex.

Quote Originally Posted by q_dmc12 View Post
    I remember a site called american antigravity (excuse the name) which someone was able to make balsa wood 'lifter' model, about the size of a 5"x5" floppy, float on a cushion of ionized air. I also recall a (theoretical) design for a scramjet model to implement this.
    Hello! q_dmc12

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I didn’t know nothing at all about Lifter that is amazing. And, I was surprised at the website. I had strange experience by Lifter Video Clips. It has very simple shape consist from triangular prisms. But, A motion made felt Antigravity effects. I will try to apply the shapes for making 3DCG. Thank you for your good information. If Lifter realize, anti gravity vehicle is practicable. Does Lifter can lift up a heavy weight? It will probably lift up, but heavy payload maybe needs a huge Lifter unit. Well, I think Lifter is a source of delight. I want to ride Lifter.

After read american antigravity, I tried to make Lifer shapes to pretend to be anti gravity system. Please look at this and give me your opinion. Thank you very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The lift units on your image give the impression that they might actually work.
    But they would have very high aerodynamic drag.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Smile

Does Lifter can lift up a heavy weight? It will probably lift up, but heavy payload maybe needs a huge Lifter unit. Well, I think Lifter is a source of delight. I want to ride Lifter.

After read american antigravity, I tried to make Lifer shapes to pretend to be anti gravity system. Please look at this and give me your opinion. Thank you very much.
    Again, back about 3 years ago I came across this site (through constant link surfing from AAG) about a large lifter, about 4x4 feet, that successfully carried the first 'living' payload - a mouse. I have forgotten the address to the site (might have it on a floppy somewhere, big might) as well as the name of the mouse.

I will try to look for the site, not sure if it still exists...

PART2:

Hmmm, an ionic wind qirex.....intriguing

EDIT: Ah, it is on the last link I gave you, but here's the link anyway
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 30th April 2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: found the site ...right under our noses :P

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Smile How's miniature?

Hi there.
    コンニチハq_dmc12

Thank you again, and I hope show you my design.

Anyway, The FIRST MANNED FLIGHT was really interesting for me. I want to ride real vehicle by Lifter system. However, the project may realize at distant future. I would like to live long enough to ride a antigravity vehicle.

Some other idea;
    I thought great difficult to make real antigravity ships, but it possible to make as a miniature. Lifter system need an outside electricity power, and high voltage. If everyone don't care power cable, I want try to use Lifter unit.

I found such website.
    http://jnaudin.free.fr/advpmnu.htm

Timezone
    GMT + 9

Default Like airship?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    The lift units on your image give the impression that they might actually work.
    But they would have very high aerodynamic drag.
    Is it like a airship? I know that small airship weak point is not able to use outside. Because airship weight is very light and big body, thus lower specific gravity. After all, It flight by helium. (By the way, I will test small airship for interface parts)

I guess that Lifter is same thing. Because, it has very light body and large wall.

mm,,, Expression antigravity is too difficult to explain.
    Last edited by Doak16; 1st May 2007 at 10:00 PM.

Only a bit like an airship. Airships have very good [low] coefficient of aerodynamic drag, but very high frontal area. Because of this and the very light construction, they cannot be made to go very fast. The anti-grav ship in your drawing has anti-grav units that raise the coefficient of aerodynamic drag very high, and increase the frontal area of the ship by a fairly high percentage. It would require very high thrust to go fast. It could do it because it's structurally strong, but it would be slower than other more aerodynamically efficient body shapes if they had the same amount of thrust available.

But as I said, the anti-grav units in your drawing look like they would actually lift something. Very convincing.