Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure and fantastic firmware 3.11

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I stand corrected. It's above 3.03, though, so you'll need to upgrade for R&C.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Thumbs up

upgrading for size matters is well worth it.Even if it is lacking in the lifespan department:me and my bro cleared it in 3 days

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    One question... Does 3.40 OE-A play pure without glitches and...
    Completely. Every game I've played so far works perfectly, even at the smoother 333mhz overclock option. The other beatiful thing about 3.40 OE-A is that every single game, regardless of region, works without requiring anything toggled in the PSP. I have two versions of Wipeout Pure on my memory card; North American and European. Omega Pack goodness, baby!

Uncreated

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

And adhoc mutli?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I suppose so, but I haven't gotten around to using that as yet (problems with Xlink Kai and my network card).

Uncreated
    Last edited by Task; 30th May 2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Quotation eliminated

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by The Uncreated View Post
    The other beatiful thing about 3.40 OE-A is that every single game, regardless of region, works without requiring anything toggled in the PSP.
    Did you ever have to toggle anything in order to play games from different regions? I figured PSP games were code free anyway...

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, it certainly seems I have to, considering you can switch regions in the console's recovery menu. Placebo effect I guess, considering the PSP is region free. Dunno.

- U
    Last edited by Task; 30th May 2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Quotation eliminated, please read the guidelines

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I think thats for movies only - possible time zone(s) as well...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Yoseep

Just installed 3.40 OE and I can confirm as well that Pure's working normally. Assuming 3.40 EO is basicly 3.40 + the hacked part, it would probably mean that whoever is aflicted by problems with 3.10 -> 3.30 non-custom firmware may solve them by going to 3.40.

Lightbulb soooo, anyone mind helping me out with this?

I was just greeted by the same bug as talked about at the start of this thread! Im not up for all the unofficial firmwares and stuff. I dnt want to get bricked! *gasp*
    can i upload my profile and ask someone to just do the gamma flash tournament for me please?
    If anyone will, just reply to this thread and then ill post the passworded zip of my profile (and PM the password to you)

anyone fancy a bit of flash again?

p.s
    im only on flash as my previous save became "corrupt"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Does DevHook work with an OE-firmware? Cause that may solve the problem at least for the OE-users, cause Gamma definitely won't work with 3.40 (OE-A).

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I'm pretty sure it does - don't quote me but I believe it is built into the OEs.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Yoseep

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Does DevHook work with an OE-firmware? Cause that may solve the problem at least for the OE-users, cause Gamma definitely won't work with 3.40 (OE-A).
    Sorry to hear that, cause Gamma works like a charm for me on 3.40 OE-A (as well as everything else). That's also why I've written my previous post in the first place. So it might be PSP-specific.

I've tested in 333 MHz and with a rip on the memory stick. I'll try on default speed with an UMD disc to see if anything changes.

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Here me too...

I've my psp again in my hands, and I remember my problems at Amsterdam Conv.

Both my psp with 3.11, but not the same problems of Alterego (or just one time), but I had great problems of lags everytime I played even if with few people.

I hope is all ok now...isnt it?

Anyone tested fw 3.50 with Pure? If so do you know if the problems discussed in this thread are fixed? I would upgrade my PSP so see if the rumoured cpu speed upgrade works retrospectively with Pure. The 266 upgrade on 3.0+ did, so maybe this will, but this is stuff beyond my understanding and there is no official word. After the things posted in this thread I`m worried that 3.5 could break my Pure though......

Default still no luck

i 4got 2say, i am running fw 3.5. still the bug has not gone away! damm!
    i encountered it when i upgraded from 3.1 or sommin to 3.5. peeeeed offffff

can we crate a forum where users can upload their profiles and the advanced users can take out a few mins to complete them for us? seenin as i dnt wanna mess with on official firmwares n stuff. dnt want 2 b bricked!
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 23rd June 2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: unecessary quotation's been removed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I think you can put your profile and upload it into your WZ files ( from 'my wipeoutzone' ---> 'my files' )
    I am quite busy those days , i can't do that for you but i am sure a fellow pro from here will

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Just read through the entire thread to make sure I understand the issues-- so the effects of the newer firmwares are ONLY with respect to multiplayer? Single player (time trials, etc.) works fine?

I'm disappointed that 3.5 doesn't resolve the problems but then again, I'm not surprised. It'll be a tough choice what to do when Pulse comes out since (as others have pointed out) the game will almost for sure require a firmware upgrade.

If single player Pure isn't affected, I'll be inclined to do the upgrade for sure. If it is... maybe a second PSP? Hmmm.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Somebody said it caused graphical issues in one of the download tracks, too. We're aware of them, but have no idea what has changed in the firmware to cause them. Trouble is, the development team are so busy with Pulse right now that a fix is not the priority.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

and until it is, people will continue to use devhook and custom firmwares.