Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure and fantastic firmware 3.11

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Wipeout Pure and fantastic firmware 3.11

Right before anyone else updates their PSP with the latest PILE OF CRAP firmware from Sony (3.11) you should be aware that it has somewhat crippled the ability to play the extra downloaded packs on multi player Gamma and Delta. Gamma freezes during loading of the first track and Delta seems to crash after 1 or 2 races unfortunately Omega and Classic 2 seem to be OK, now those 2 packs worked just fine all weekend and all the times before that on Kai then I update PSP when I get home and now they do not work? Tom also has this problem therefore it has to be the firmware, I thought these new firmwares were supposed to enhance my PSP not take away half of my favorite game

Not happy at all Sony get it bloody well sorted.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes, I've seen alterego having this problem at our convention, too. I've updated my firmware to official sony 3.11 just yesterday and now I've got the same problems as RR and alterego! We've tried nearly all the single races of gamma and delta league tonight on kai and it seems that Exostra Run and Koltiwa can't be played in multiplayer anymore... I must say I'm really pissed off by that kind of sh**! Get out another firmware pretty soon, sony, or release an update for the delta and gamma pack which makes them work properly again! *swears loudly*

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

Olè! the Wipeout Gamma killer was the firmware 3.11!!!

ok! calm down it's now published 3.30 firmware, but i thrill about the consequence of the new upgrade.....brrr.....

Read you Soon
    CdRom

Firmware 3.30 is out soon, according to Eurogamer

fingers crossed this will fix it.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well I downloaded 3.30 via PSP and the same problems occur. Well done Sony this has just encouraged me to drop your official firmware and get cracked stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, I've just installed firmware 3.30 five minutes ago and Rapier Racer and I tried on kai and.... NOT WORKING! Exostra Run crashes the psp, so does Koltiwa and Sebenco Peak shows up with huge graphic bugs (pink boost pads and purple wepon pads) and looks like an omega track if it shows up at all...

Damn you Sony! You better get this fixed soon!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ohh man this really sucks!!!

I hope these problems will get fixed just about now. Good luck guys. I have my fingers crossed.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.
    i've send a mail to sony helpdesk about this big bug

i' think that is the best thing to do.....every wiper must send an email at the sony helpdesk about this bug for the request of the fixes.

Read you Soon
    CdRom

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I've told the technical director of Wipeout - he's going to look into it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Rob, I hope that this issue can be sorted out soon. If you need any more help/info/screenshots from the bugs from me, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by alterego View Post
    i've send a mail to sony helpdesk about this big bug

i' think that is the best thing to do.....every wiper must send an email at the sony helpdesk about this bug for the request of the fixes.
    That's a good idea Rom. I'll write an email to them tonight.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

if I rethink to all the time lost in the attempt to copy the gammapak just on mine memory stick during convention........and I had already installed firmware 3.11.........grrrr I get angry a lot! grrrr!!!

read You soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Goddamnit, i just upgraded to 3.11 to play kz:liberation and moh demoes!

Noooooo, and school holidays coming up too which is when id be able to try kai again.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    (Luke Skywalker style)

PSN ID
    stin_wz

AAaah...is that what is the main problem! luckily I did not upgrade mine yet.

stevie

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Excellent Rob although I suspect anyone at Wipeout HQ will be a little tied up with Pulse but I hope hope they can find the time!

In the mean time whats the email address for this help desk?

Ouch! That's one hell of a bug.

Fortunately I'm still on 1.50, so no worries here for now.

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

This is the URL of the helpdesk of Sony/Scee.....if you want to email something, like me, about the big Bug...

http://it.scee.com/contact/customerContacts.jhtml

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I deleted all extra packs from my memstick last night and downloaded and installed them again from the official site directly onto my psp in the correct order (oldest one first, latest one last). I figured that this might help fixing the bugs - don't ask me why I thought so... Here's the order I've installed them: Delta - Gamma - Classic2 - Omega.
    After that I tried playing multiplayer on kai and non-kai multiplayer with dan at my house. Classic2 works fine, so does Omega. But Delta and Gamma each have 2 races which I definately cannot play on multiplayer anymore.
    On Delta league it's Koltiwa and Khara Descent which always crash my psp. If I'm playing a Delta tournament I get as far as the third track (Koltiwa) and crash there. Iridia and Anulpha Pass are working fine.
    On Gamma league it's Exostra Run and Sebenco Peak which make my psp crash all the time. Gamma tournaments will not work at all (obvious, since Exostra Run is the first track of a Gamma tour). Descension tournaments always crash after Sol2 the first race (Sebenco Peak would be second race). Multiplayer single races on Staten Park and Ubermall work without bugs or crashes.
    Last but not least I raced all tracks of the Delta and Gamma in single player mode last night. No crashes, no bugs, all fine. This shows that the new firmware seems to have crippled only multiplayer mode for the four tracks I've mentioned above.

I can only advise you all: KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF ANY OFFICIAL SONY FIRMWARE WHICH IS NEWER THAN 3.10 IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PURE MULTIPLAYER!

Please Sony, fix this horrible bug soon! Gamma and Delta have become my favourite Packs, so for me Pure is no full game anymore if I cannot play these properly.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I deleted, downloaded and installed Gamma then Delta packs, I managed to successfully host and complete a Delta tour however the firmware has messed up the track environmental sounds on Delta, horrible screeching sounds geeeh

Gamma? my favorite pack still corrupted as hell Exostra actually loaded this time however huge graphical defects track and sky were green weapons pads were square purple blocks, picture here

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...i/Image033.jpg

Neo-tronic recreation of the classic 2197 Exostra Run circuit.

Again, hopefully these bugs are sorted out soon.

Thanks for the warning you guys, I was thinking about upgrading the other day - that aint gonna happen. I really hope sony fix this as soon as possible.