• xios

17 26.15%
  • piranha

43 66.15%
  • neither, i dislike both of them!!!

5 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xios v piranha

i dont qualify for this quiz because i havent played the game long enough to unlock the pirhana ops: :cry:

The xios is better. I love racing with it. Me and my friend had 7 races on Florian heights couse 3 reverse. He is slightly worse than me, so he took Pirhana and i took xios, both fully upgraded with the 1st pilot. Here was the score, Wins:
    Pirhana:1
    Xios:6

He was leading nearly all the time, but Due to Piranha's flimsy shielding, he had to pit at least once per race, and that was where I got ahead. Also, I found it easy to eliminate him, beacuse Xios has a fantastic Weapon power, and i made more eliminations overall and needed to pit less.

Therefore, Xios rules!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Let me chip in my two cents.

I think of comparisions between craft as if the F9000 were a real racing series. First off, there would be a few nags against Piranha that gives my my liking to the Xios Flying Finns.

1. Flick it and it falls apart. Yep, only the Van-Uber is flimsier in the entire series, I know they want to conserve weight and all but dudes, you were PERFECT in 2097. Also, the craft is very sensitive to damage. It loses about 50% or more of it's handling power if you damage the nose.

2. If this craft were real, expect a lot of mechanical failures. I base this on the shield energy and the results of the craft when run in AG League. Considering that Piranha have such a nimble, light, powerful craft, it's also reasonable to consider that it's very unreliable.

Just my take!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

xios is the better one, i think.

Yes, Piranha is faster, but ther super-weapon is more than just bad...
    Xios has a better handling, the super-weapon is so much better than Piranha's one ane of course the shield-energy is higher (Piranha just have 98 - or?)

i really like Piranha (it has the better design) but i hate Pianha 1-3 just Piranha 4 is good, because 1, 2 and 3 have a bad handling, but when you play Xios, all versions (Xios 1-4) are good.

so all in all i think Xios is better than Piranha - but EG.r is the best of them all!!!

Sausehuhn

Piranha cannot be touched for getting best times though, on any track in fusion. IF you don't hit the piranha with a weapon right away you are going to get blown away(even in xios) as soon as you need to start airbraking around turns.

piranha definatly is the best at most stuff like speed and weapons but sheild power is bit low, egr would be next on my list coz its got good health and cornering which helps

piranha is the bestest

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Piranha

Well I only ever used Feisar and Xios to complete the game. The balance in the Xios craft is excellent in my opinion, and the craft it just the best one for me.

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

For me,has to be Xios,give me a Xios craft any day and then give me a "Shield Drain " to boot and bye bye Pirahna

XIOS is the swiffttess sleekiest looking craft when fully maxed out by far. family history behind the lead pilot is pretty cool. (Belmondo) Pirhana is definitly a beast in its own rite
    I SOULD'VE TAPED THE BACK AND FORTH DOG FITE TO THE FINISH it took me to equire the Pirhana wile piloting the Xios the neck and neck.The race stands out as one of my personal favorites. In one of the straites the pirana over took me and was pulling off fore the lead. I don't know how I managed to pull in front I think it was a sharp inside hairpin turn that let me over come him. although I was first pilot picking on the second pirana pilot in the last straight the pirana was creeping up exstreamly fast raedy to eat what was left of the chalenge course.The finish was insite when I nutralized the pirana ship with a rear missile lock. I won the race but was still amazed to see how quickly the pirana recovered from the direct hit and crossed the finish line with its fiercness.
    Piranas remind me of Velocile Raptors any one agree? The misile like frame stands out as a classic wipe out trade mark just like the AG system craft douse in the original wipe out game.
    Arguably the best ships. but in my opinion I have to say I love the durability and the weapons power of the Xios though. But the Pirana hands down has more strate away
    speed. I have maxed out both of these ships I know thier full exspectations. thier the best in fusion To add more to the mystique of these craft I beat fusion with the lead pilot of the XIOS but tied pionts wise to the lead pilot of the PIRHANA. WHO REALY WON???
    Not to take any thing away from the nastie PIRANA but I fell in love with the XIOS evan in
    its first non upgraded moroon and yellow color. XIOS my favorite fusion craft.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

It is Pirahna for me, although I don't like the rediculously high standards set for the craft, I deeply admire the lead pilot. She races for free, just for the feeling. Although this feeling is lacked in Fusion, it's certainly reminds me of myself when playing WO3. If I lived in that time era, I'd race for free anytime. And the way she explains the 'bringing nature closer to human' part, literally feels as if it was drained out of my head!!! 8O

Pirahna is far superior to Xios, as the Xios tends to drift too much wheras the pirahna goes exactly where you want it to, and sorry but the penetrator is a great weapon, it is good for picking up speed through pesky backmarkers !!!

I don't know... Piranha definetly beat Xios when it comes to the racing part, but the Xios is simply a more balanced craft. It has a better superweapon and more shields. And I've always enjoyed the classic slipping and sliding feeling that you don't get from Piranha, which just seems to have "too much" grip.

Still, the Piranha in Fusion has much cooler looks all the way through the classes and it requires skill to pilot correctly (love every new lap record). I especially love that conic shape, but I hate the wings and the engines, which is why I'm designing my own Wipeout craft right now. I've done several sketches. It has the conic shape, but the engines are placed more centrally and to the sides. Their air intakes are also diplaced to the sides of the cone, put INTO the wings, so you get both canardes, air intakes and stabilizers, all in one.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Good luck, Manic. :wink: I can just smell the future ahead of me, and I can almost feel the year when one of us freaks actually makes a craft. Then we won't be freaks, we'll be top-of-the-line.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Fusion is the only wipeout in which i like pirahna - especially when it is maxed out, that makes it the best looking ship in the game.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

out of th two in fusion i like xios more, : fusion version of pirana feels just so cheaply made and dont even get me started on that annoying super weapon :

the best looking craft ever ha to be: auricom from wo3 or qirex from wo3 i cant decide ops:

old topic I see?

From personal experience, Piranha first, Xios second. I brought this up back in the Fusion days...when I realized Piranha is far superior over any ship (at least where it matters most...speed), therefore making the game highly unbalanced. In fact, I was so furious I shelved the game and never returned to it. I'm fortunate enough to have 'human' players around, who happened to be hardcore as I was. Anyway, I'll get to the point...as much as we tried to like Xios, we always found that Piranha would destroy all (speed-wise). As long as you're an experienced enough pilot, you can pretty much smoke the competiton. It drove me crazy, as I was a 'Pirhana' freak in WipEout 3. It came to the point where we'd ban the ship to play wiith other ships like Xios or Tigron. Or maybe it was becasue Fusion was such an easy game to fly through? I do realize that it was very weapon-driven...but Piranha's shields were never a concern to me as long as the speed was there.

I always loved the fastest ship in the fastest class... piranha... but you're right, sip, it's not that motivating when SR is like TT. In wo pure it's pretty balanced... but sometimes I miss that old piranha... got to play fusion again soon

Ah, the good old days of the 3 and Fusion Piranha/Pirhanas... SHEXY!

Default Re: xios v piranha

Quote Originally Posted by rhys
    ... the one that you would choose for a race every time ...
    That's Piranha. It always was PHANTOM + to me.