Thread: Does Auto Pilot actually slow you down?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Does Auto Pilot actually slow you down?

I was just wondering if anybody else has found that depending on use "Auto Pilot" can slow you down,as would one not activated it you could achieve better times/racing lines.

I suppose it's all in when you select to disengage this factor when you get it.

Anybody else found this?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quite the opposite, I find the autopilot actually speeds you up. Could just be me though, I'm not the best racer on W3O

In W3O, it usually is a lot slower than the human pilot; buT, there are exceptions. There are a couple of spots [and pretty much only in Phantom class] where it can give you a better time, IF you start it and stop it absolutely perfectly so it doesn't crash your ship. The Manor Top right angle corner series is one of these.

I personally find that Autopilot slows me down too, and once it disengages, my ship recieves a sudden yet very brief burst of speed. Very annoying at the higher speed classes when you're on the verge of entering a sharp corner.

Hence the reason why I avoid using Autopilot at all.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

When I use the AP I just use it at small corners. This means: activating, flying through the corner(s), deactivating.
    This isn't possible with Pure's AP btw, cause you can't deactivate it manually.

I usually throw it away now, for a couple of reasons. First, i feel like i can do better myself sometimes. Second, the autopilot occasionally flies you into walls when it disengages, and third, if you save the autopilot for all the difficult parts youre never going to crack them are you?

I do sometimes use it just to get round one awkward corner or through a hairpin and then disengage it.

I think it's annoying when the speedo says you're only going about 23-24mph or something in phantom. Although, if you engage it from a complete stop, it accelerates so fast and you do seem to speed past other oponents very easily and it can go though walls when activated at the right time =P.

I always try to use one on the carousel in mega mall cos its way too tricky without it. Sometimes in the right tunnel at stanza inter if i mess up.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    When I use the AP I just use it at small corners. This means: activating, flying through the corner(s), deactivating.
    This isn't possible with Pure's AP btw, cause you can't deactivate it manually.
    Actually, you can disengage it in Fusion. I've been able to anyway...I try not to use it though. Only slows me down...I'd rather bump into a wall or two and get better at avoiding it on my own. No need to hamper myself.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Of course you can! I said Pure, not Fusion

Fusion's AP actually is the worst thing you can do in a race, it flies you straight into walls and all that stuff. One time I activated it on the start grid (after passing by the entrance of the pit) and it turned around trying to fly back into the pit - it just crashed into the walls, though.
    And above all it also slows you down.
    It's a totally useless weapon on Fusion.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Meh...it may look like you do, but you`re alot faster in the process.

PSN ID
    nWcPL

In fact that's true. Auto Pilot is a lot slower than a skilled gamer