Thread: zone: getting back the energy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Default zone: getting back the energy

As the title says it seems like there is a way to get back energy in zone mode after you lost it.
    Maybe it's not a new thing and everyone knows it, but I didn't so I thought there may be others out there who don't as well.

As I already said: I noticed that you get back lost energy after a while in zone mode. I don't know if it's caused by a specific period of time or flying perfect or what ever but you definetely get it back.
    I tried it on Mallavol and Syncopia and it worked for both.
    I made screens to prove it. Look at the zones in the upper right corner and the energy bar that is changing it's status.

Mallovol:

Syncopia:

What I also noticed:
    The energy bar design changes. Sometimes you can see the black line around it and the "+", sometimes you can't.

What do you think?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

As far as I have noticed, if you only lose a small chunk of energy, it gets replenished. As soon as your damage is over a certain point though, you won't get any back.

As for the bars, if they are completely full, they 'glow' and therefore have a white outline. If there is even the slightest percentage missing, the outline turns black.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

this was the big difference between zone mode fusion and the one from pure :
    Fusion : each time you hit a wall : you left energy and no way to get back your energy bar : very stressfull

Pure : after each zone ( 10 sec) done perfectly or with a perfect lap your energy bar is replenished.
    As far as i have noticed the replenishment is equally done between perfect lap & perfect zone.
    This zone mode is great by that fact ( stressless) but also by a non reset points & speed limit when you reach zone 60/65.

Fancy Pure Zone 100 anyone

Fancy Zone 100? Sure, but my brain would be dripping across the floor long before that point.

The recharge is very useful indeed and keeps you going a bit. I haven`t got anywhere near as high as 70, but when I was doing zone I tended to go from a good shield level to nothing very very quickly when I suddenly couldn`t keep up with what was happening.

Zone 100?

*smiles at the thought*

I've come very close to reaching Zone 70, and I just know I can do it!

And yes, I too have noticed that your energy is replenished if you can stay off the walls for long enough. It's helped me get further than I really ought to have on many occasions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

What kind of speed can we reach at 100?
    1700 maybe, PB is 1559

Anyway zone 100 is a possible target, we just need time and be used to speed.

1700-1800 is my estimate as well.

I just need to learn how to not let panic get a hold of me after I pass Zone 60.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

it's like having steps to acheive , mine was zone 67 and then 73 ( the 2 hardest )

1603 my new best speed

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

WHatever happened to the original zone records thread? I remember having all the records about a few months after getting the game, think I got up into the 60s, gave up when I thought it was impossible to reach 100. Good luck anyway guys!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah my fault Ali , after commenting Max's find i should have dig up the old zone thread, but i thought i was the only one racing zone atm, now Zerow and probably Maxx or maybe hidden guests are still playing zone

I haven't been on Zone mode or Pure at all for a fair bit, to be honest, as I've been very busy with this and that lately (bedroom redecorated, starting at college soon, etc). And as I recently downgraded my PSP, Pure is an absolute no-go for me untill I get DevHook up and running on it.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I never play zone mode on Pure, but that's the only thing a play on fusion!!! It's Fusion's strong point, and Pure's week point, as well as classic league... but that's just me talking...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

@ Zerow:

You've a 1.5 PSP then, right?
    The game runs on 1.5 without DevHook, upgrading or anything. Just put it in the UMD-drive and start it. That's it.

Obviously. The 2.71 downgrader dosen't let you go down to 1.00.

Pure works on a 1.50 without DevHook? Woo! I'll be setting up DevHook first in any case, just to get it out of the way.

But after that, Zone 100, here I come!