GMT + 1

Default New Wipeout development

Sony is recruiting !

http://www.datascope.co.uk/scee/

Quote:

LIVERPOOL
    Senior/Lead Designer - URGENT
    Wipeout
    Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

The Task
    To have a key role in realising future iterations of Wipeout on PSP and PS3.

wow, well spotted.

PSP and PS3, and urgent. All good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

WOW you make my day dude !! ( just watch a french forum and my speedy friend Kit-Yun a belgium one , get me that info , 1 hour ago )
    This is the best news i ve heard since Brazil / France in quarter finale

Timezone
    GMT + 1

This is superb! I didn't expect to see more WipEout on psp. But this gives me new hope. Also funny is, this week i designed new teams together with names and logos, not that this will be sufficient for the job at Liverpool.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

ou man I hope they'll find the people they need soon and fast.

Gimme back some Fusion environment and 2097 handling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i PM Tora2097 asking him to send his CV to Studio liverpool ...hey who knows with his such brilliant job he does !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Where The Hell Is Sumimasen!?!

He also has to send his stuff to SL!

*squeals with delight*

This is the best news I've heard for a while!

It's great to hear we're going to see more of WipEout on PSP, as well as it's inevitable PS3 debut.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Everyone that is excited claiming that this is great news -- bear in mind that the fact they are saying "urgent" and hiring can only mean that someone key to the development of the next game has just left the project. This could also be very bad news...

Talking

Any news is good news as far as Im concerned. It's been too quiet on the wipEout front of late.

"Wipeout
    Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. "

Now that's a reassuring quote if ever I've seen one.

hello everyone, kit-yun of Belgium, that says something to me ^_^ I will become insane since it was announced, the renders are incredible, all the details, the holes with before vessel, a cosmic bomb this future play. And veiled the reason to buy the PS3, because front, I was not in a hurry.

Hello Kit-Yun

I wonder if we`re looking at a simaltaneous psp and ps3 release of the same game, with some interactivity between the two. I would guess that this is quite likely, though I wouldn`t mind if the psp release came first to keep us going.

Fair point, Rejj. The Pure team were definitely moving in the right direction, so let`s hope they stick to the true-Wipeout on new hardware vision, if there is a major change of personnel.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

New senior/lead designer...?

Im sure the previous on on Wipeout Pure was - Colin Berry...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Rejj: Everyone that is excited claiming that this is great news -- bear in mind that the fact they are saying "urgent" and hiring can only mean that someone key to the development of the next game has just left the project. This could also be very bad news...
    The profiles they are hiring in Liverpool point to a project that has barely even started. No worries yet.
    (Senior/Lead Designer - Graphics Programmer - Pipeline Programmer - Lead Programmer - Physics Programmer - Technical Artist)
    See? No artist/level designer workforce there.

[Edit] I removed the links to Tora_2097's renders since some people thought they were official. Please remember Sony has not shown us ANYTHING yet.
    Last edited by etherdrive; 4th July 2006 at 07:46 AM.

I was thinking the same thing etherdrive. Since this new project has barely even begun, the current absence of a key lead-designer is nothing to worry about for now.

This is fantastic news. We won't know much until we get an official announcement but I wonder how it will work having both PS3 and PSP development on the go at the same time. Will the PSP game be a conversion of a PS3 Wipeout or will the PSP get a sort of Pure 2 while the PS3 gets an all-new game? Who knows...either way this is great news.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Those screenshots are Tora's renders....They are no way official...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

ahahah that's funny.
    Tora makes excitement in the world of video games.
    Congrats, man

Would be cool if the PS3 graphics were as good as Tora's (high quality) graphics, though.

Quote Originally Posted by etherdrive
    Sony is recruiting !

http://www.datascope.co.uk/scee/

Quote:Quote:

Quote:
    LIVERPOOL
    Senior/Lead Designer - URGENT
    Wipeout
    Wipeout is the most revered, innovative and respected arcade/action racing franchise of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

The Task
    To have a key role in realising future iterations of Wipeout on PSP and PS3.
    Nowhere in that page says that the lead designer is for wipeout, i cant find the text you have written under "the task" title.

I dont know if they plan to have a separate team for wipeout on PS3 and keep the PSP team for sequels, because other than that i dont think there would be a reason for them to not keep the actual team, unless they got a better job offer.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I did thought of that!!! cos I just don`t want to say something due to ridicule.....

stevie