Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have three cool (or weird) moments for you.

1. I was racing on Manor Top in my true, blue Auricom. I was on the fourth 90 degree jump when I saw a row of mines with my name on it. It was unavoidable. I ran into them...and they went right through me!
    I finished first.

2. I was doing a little free-play relaxation on Chenghou project. I was piloting the speedy Pirhana at Phantom speeds through the jumps. I was racing on the wall-less section when my ship got onto the beginning of the left wall and was going over the edge. Well my ship went over, went THROUGH the side of the wall and went back on the track intact (and upside down )

3. Lastly, I was piloting a FEISAR on Sol 2. I paused the game on the second "scissor head" turn. When I unpaused the game, multi-colored spikes were littered across the sky. To top all that, the ships had no color! They were gray! I turned of my PSP and gave myself a rest from the weird glitch I saw.

That's all for now!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Angryman, are you Canadian? Or just a Habs fan? =)

Timezone
    GMT -6

No, I'm not Canadian. I don't even know what a hab is!
    Last edited by Dr. Angryman; 14th July 2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Fine, forget it then ^^

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hey! I've got another weird moment! Today, I raced on Sinucit in a Harimau.
    I heard an explosion and the screen flashed indicating that someone behind me hit some mines or a bomb. But when I looked at my position, I was in last.
    Can anyone say, "ghost-ship"?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Nah, it was just the ship in 1st chasing you down. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hah! Good one!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Suppose I could add one.

At the Toronto meet that recently occurred, we (Task, Spaceboy, McLaren and I) were all on a Phantom class run of Modesto Heights. We were on the last lap and I was at the front with a boost powerup stocked. As I rounded the series of final bends leading up to the start/finish line, I decided to spend my boost over the massive jump.

Up my AG-SYS went, the curvature of the earth down below. Well, I wasn't that high, but we can exaggerate can't we? Anyhow, when I came down, I landed squarely atop the billboard at the end of the straight and bounced back upward for roughly a full five seconds, allowing McLaren to sail past me for the win (yeah guy!).

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have two moments I can share.

1) Playing Free Play for the first time. I enjoyed Vineta K for a good 30min in my first session.

2) Seeing Sol 2 for the first time. That track is gorgeous.

I had some similar reactions with the Delta and Gamma packs, but Sol 2 was so close to my introductions to Pure.

Timezone
    GMT -6

The longest time I spent in freeplay was about an hour. I was seeing if I could do 100 laps on Mandrashee!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Angryman View Post
    The longest time I spent in freeplay was about an hour. I was seeing if I could do 100 laps on Mandrashee! :)
    I'm getting all my TT medals (I'm on Venom in TT and Rapier in SR at the moment, with all Gold SRs in Vector through Flash andfor Alpha on Rapier) and I just had to wrestle with Mandrashee on Venom for a good 20min on Free Play before I could get the line just right. I know, I reek of nub-ness...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

I spent tons of time playing Freeplay. In fact my stats page says I spent as much as playing Tournaments. Freeplay is amazing to try out different lines and cornering techniques. I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here

Had some great moments, too much to talk about them. What I like best is, when things happen out of pure luck the first time (one may think) but then all of a sudden occur on a regular basis. Like going left on sinucit and firing a plasma blindly uphill into the forking, eliminating someone

Timezone
    GMT -6

I just like to look at the scenery in freeplay. You'll notice many neat things.

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here
    They do count - I would say that almost every Pure lap record on the tables has been set in Free Play, by making use of the previous lap`s turbo to start the record attempt lap. The main verification we have for our times is what is entered in our profiles and as the game does not distinguish between TT and Free Play times we can`t either. There`s no advantage in speed to Free Play, it just has the convenience of not demanding you to restart the races when going for hot laps

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w
    I do hate it though when I beat one of my Single Lap TT records in Freeplay knowing those won't count for the records page here...
    WHAT?! Oh **** I have re-do all my records... *begins hyperventilating into a brown paper bag*

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    They do count...
    *Breathing stills and tosses the bag out*

Phl0w, don't scare me like that; last thing I need right now... ^_^

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    They do count...
    I remember when I broke 19 seconds on Karbonis IV. What a day that was!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji16 View Post
    I'm getting all my TT medals (I'm on Venom in TT and Rapier in SR at the moment, with all Gold SRs in Vector through Flash andfor Alpha on Rapier) and I just had to wrestle with Mandrashee on Venom for a good 20min on Free Play before I could get the line just right. I know, I reek of nub-ness...
    I've actually spent a lot of time on freeplay, playing each track per day up to 100 laps, one track each day, through the list about each week, that was my casual practice for a long while...

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

Last evening on kai RRA(Rapier),513(Borell) and me run and fight so much

i'm arrive last every time...i need training in fighting but the first and last time when i'm second in a run (Sol2) a Pulse Ray blow up my Goteki on the finish line! aaaargh!

Next Time it will be different....i hope

Read You soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1

He guys and especially Alterego, who had his first kai sessions. I know it is so great to fight each other on kai. I am sure missing it after that superb time spent in Le Havre, together with all you guys. Ok enjoy some more, Pulse is on the way, so see you soon on the new tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool My first Phantom Sebenco Climb gold...

So here I was today, racing Sebenco Climb on Phantom in my AG-SYS (stubborn beggar that I am), trying for my first gold. Every race I'd get in front, then get quaked and watch the whole field zoom past whilst sliding downhill backwards. Which was getting annoying. I mean, how many silvers can you get without improving? Don't answer that.
    So I hit race again...and off I go but this time I am stuck in sixth for 2 laps, right in the middle of the pack. Finally I get going so quickly that my PSP stops calling the weapons aimed at me - for an entire lap.
    So here I am in my weak little ship, in a pack of rabid AI, literally racing in a haze of red because there are quakes, bombs, rockets and missiles flying around and at me so quickly that I swear the game actually slowed down in addition to my weapon warning system being SILENT! It reminded me of XL when the game sloowwwed right down on Phantom in the Qirex.
    At this point I thought, I am getting my butt whipped by the supposedly poor AI in Pure! I just started laughing and couldn't stop, my PSP was shaking around and I was still racing in a reddish haze, and when I finally stopped laughing, I looked up to the corner of the screen and what do you know?
    Lap 5, and I was in 2nd place! Up to the final curve before the starting grid, and I see who is ahead of me - just. Medievil. ICK!
    This is the good part. Just as I am about to pass him with the beautiful thrust of AG Systems, I tap Medieval. Just a tiny little tap. "CONTENDER ELIMINATED"!! Yes, I eliminated him, not I, and consequently got my first gold in Phantom on Sebenco Climb.
    This is the first time I can really say I had great fun playing Pure on my own (ie. not on Kai). That's what I call a love tap.