Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Jihhaa! What a tension and what a races that where! Superb action. I had a great laugh while reading it on the tip of my chair. Very well and detailled written down, again I was on the track in the same moment.
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 4th July 2007 at 09:21 PM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Lunar!, Do you realised, it did took me a while to remember for my stupid memory to pick that up! and I did read it three times and I can actually feel the tension there and I`m absolutely loving it! It`s like I`m there to race you all guys through Kai.

Anyway, Thank you for me to remember this and I can say one thing for you on the last bend!, I picked up Plasma Bolt on the last weapons and shoot whoever there is, then I hit Lunar first then ASA and two of their did ships exploded and I burst out laughing so hard while I cruise to win the league!

Lastly, I`m soooooooo glad you kept that story which you just did!

stevie
    Last edited by stin; 25th June 2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Bad typos

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Thumbs up Very good report

LOL! WOW!! Its like I'm right there listening to the announcer! You should go into sports broadcasting!!

I wish I was there to witness it all - when was this?

Ben, I think it was back in January.

Stevie, I never realised it was really a plasma that did the damage. I heard a missile warning only, and assumed it was that. I have re-edited the story to get the facts right.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

It was a fantastic tale with the Missile, it's even better with a Plasma!

Good shot stin! 8 O

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Getting back on topic, I finally have my own "best Pure experience"!

So I'm doing the SR for Blue Ridge, and it's a hell of a tough fly in my high-speed, low-thrust Tigron, but I need to manage it in a high-shield ship if I want to survive since I'm getting eliminated with disturbing frequency. I've got the TT beat already, so I should have a good enough line, but I do TT with Zone, which hardly handles like a Tigron.

So it's my first attempt, and I'm flying fine, trading weapon fire with opponents as I pass them, doing barrel rolls, slamming the occasional wall, and partway through the fourth lap I've achieved first place! I've got a mad Goteki on my tail though, and he really wants 1st place back! Unfortunately, we're headed towards the final section where I'm at my worst and he's at his best, I can see him passing me there. Oh, look, a speed boost pickup! Great, I'll just hold this for a couple seconds till I've made that last corner and the prize is mine! Here it is, going through the final S nicely, hard right airbrake for the turn... "Plasma Bolt!" Oh no, he's got me in his sights! Quick! Hit the boost!

Any my flaming carcass shoots over the finish line!

I actually got 4 lap times, but I didn't get the gold! Or any positional ranking, since I was eliminated.

Here's the best part of the story though: It took me the rest of the day to get that gold. I've been doing Free Play and Single Race on that track all day, and until just an hour ago it was all 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Or not finishing at all. Several times, I lost it on that final corner. Several times he was 12 seconds ahead of me at the end of the 3rd lap and I just couldn't quite make up the gap.

Some of these tracks, man...

Nice story, similarly some of the other greatest Pure moments we`ve had on Kai are those occasions where someone crosses the line in flames, but still gets the result. In multiplayer tournaments you can be eliminated, but still get the points if you crash and burn over the line, which rocks. In other finish line dramas, we`ve even had a couple of dead-heats with both pilots getting the same time, to the hundredth. In these cases I think it gives the 8 points in alphabetical order. When you`re racing Asayyeah this can hurt, which is why I have already reserved Aardvark as my handle for Pulse online.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yeah, I'm sure I've read at least two posts in this thread alone about crossing the line in flames. It's just so dramatic, it's really great that you don't magically vanish off the track when you die or something. I wonder how much thought/planning went into the death sequence for WOure?

Was it determined ahead of time that dying shouldn't kill your lap if you make it over the line? Was there an item on the development to-do list that you couldn't win a race being dead, but you could set a lap record? I doubt it, but it's always possible!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Wow!!! I've never went up in flames while floating over the line!!! Sweet!!! I downloaded all the Wipeout pure stuff for euro ver., but I think theirs so much stuff on their now, that when things get a little heated up, my game freezes, so so much for greatest moments on the Euro Version...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

What I would recommend is side-shifting whilst looking behind you. That way, you may be able to avoid the bolt. That's what I did, and the guy in front(zone, 1st position)got blasted instead! I finished in first! I, sadly, can't do it again.
    Last edited by mdhay; 6th July 2007 at 02:59 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I don't think I've ever had the fun of crossing the line in flames, normally they kill me way before that (occasionally lol) and by they I mean ARNAUD!

I hope Pulse is the same in that you can get points on multi player when crossing the line with a falling to bits ship adds a little realism, example, if a NASCAR crosses the line on its roof the driver still gets the position and points

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

I have lived both the situations: once I have won ending destroyed on the final line.
    another time I have lost “discesa” tournament because of the ship destruction on the final line.

I believe that it depends on the point in which to the AI feels the result of “contender eliminated”…

Read You Soon
    CdRom

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    normally they kill me way before that (occasionally lol) and by they I mean ARNAUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    which is why I have already reserved Aardvark as my handle for Pulse online.
    there's Aachen but mine will be Aaaargh : i could often hear that from other contenders being eliminated after a race

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Last night was awsome on kai, about 1/2 hour after you left anaurd and 10 - 15 mins after borell!

I am trying to remember the course....anyway rapier_racer was kicking my ass as usual but this is one of the few times he saw my true potential! Auuggh! What course was it ....*moments of intense thinking*...Modesto I believe.

It was the last lap, I was already in the mind set that (this was 1on1 btw) I was going to get silver with only 1 second between us - but just after an AP and at the big jump I BR and land on a weapon pad, bounce, pickup a turbo and fire it at the last possible second and land a second time just inches in front of RRA's nosecone taking the gold with about 20 or 30 [or so] centiseconds between us! W00T!

Here is his [and my] reaction:
    Rapier_Racer: WHOOOOOOO
    Rapier_Racer: what the f*** lol

q_dmc12: i am dying of laughter
    Rapier_Racer: that was so cool lol
    q_dmc12: can;t stop laughing
    Rapier_Racer: lol
    q_dmc12: mere centeconds
    Rapier_Racer: indeed, my last weapons was mines, useless
    Rapier_Racer: considering you almost landed on my head

q_dmc12: ok, wooh - i am better now

lol I can imagine the moment - lovely.

but I recommend that we do not regularly start getting into quoting Kai conversations on WipEoutzone. What happens in Wipeout Club stays in Wipeout Club. Non-Kai players can find out all of our real personalities when we start playing Pulse online

No chat with Pulse online though - we are going to have to use MSN simaltaneously, at least. A bit of friendly banter is part of the experience, although looking on the bright side we can filter out all the six year olds telling us how "too nice" they are at Wipeout, "u noobz."

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

You COULD use teamspeak or ventrillo to SPEAK to each other instead of typing lol. So you can hear trash talk in the middle of a race ^^

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yes, ideally for yous but not for me

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

...and fire it at the last possible second and land a second time just inches in front of RRA's nosecone taking the gold with about 20 or 30 [or so] centiseconds between us!
    Damn. Some #£$%@?% MEDIEVIL did just similar trick to me on single player venom Ascension Tournament in Sinucit just a minute ago, landing right in front of me. And I thought I was racing WAY ahead. This is so uncool it's actually cool .

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by insertcoin View Post
    You COULD use teamspeak or ventrillo to SPEAK to each other instead of typing lol. So you can hear trash talk in the middle of a race ^^
    did you know that you can talk over kai

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Lol - one of my coolest moments was when I crashed into MediEvil so hard I went underneath him and he went flying off the side of the track. Unfortunately I have neither a wireless router, broadband or the money for them.