Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

That happened to me recently on Karbonis, with a Feisar.

Had an awesome Pure moment earlier on. On the first lap of a race on Sebenco Climb (a.k.a The Sweet Pure Track Of The Gods ), I reached the last corner of the uphill climb before the downhill stretch, only to see that one of the AI opponents had turned into the corner too tightly and got stuck on the inside kerb.

Might not sound like much, right? Well, what made it all the more hilarious was the fact that at least four other AI ships did the same thing, ploughing into the first one and causing a pile up on the inside of the turn. They were quite literally unable to move untill I swept past them! LMAO.

That's quite easily one of my best recent Pure moments.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

One of my favorite pure moments was on the last race on decension in phantom awhile ago... racing for a gold... tied with another craft... had hardly any energy on the last lap, past him up after a hard league of racing when he shot a plasma bolt toward me, looked to my review screen, and barely dodged it when a recieved a turbo and sped up to the finish line, kick ASS!! Felt like that was a well deserved gold... I love close races a hell a lot a hell-a-lot more than easy ones, that's why I only play Phantom on Pure, great A.I.!! Have had plenty more moments on that speed class...

Earlier on, I encountered a possible bug (albeit a very small one) - quite wierd, but very cool at the same time.

During a race at Odessa Keys, I broke away from the rest of the pack and, as I was flying along, noticed that my ship wasn't making any actual noise. I could hear the 'Whoosh!' as I passed over the boost pads, the squelching/crunching noise whenever I brushed against the track-side walls, and the distant wail of rockets failing to hit their intended victim(s), but my ship was utterly silent. Strange. Definitely won't be forgetting that moment for a while.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Few kai racers did experimented that uniquely on Classique 2 pack ( i was one of them) : i always thought it was due to the lag or pb from Kai sending datas but seems no with what happend to you.

enjoy the silence - Depech Mode Owen's remix

Once I was racing on Kai and the ships infront had trails. I`d forgotten all about it from when I closed kai that time, until now, but I kid you not. I think they were blue, like in the old games, and it freaked me out somewhat! I can`t remember details, but it was quite recently, I think after I upgraded to 3.01 firmware. And no this was not the result of dodgy mushrooms!

Had another unforgettable moment today. Upped my Vector SR lap record for Vineta K by a considerable amount - so much so that I actually beat my TT lap record.

Talk about the unexpected!

Man, the awesome Pure moments keep coming for me lately!

This one occured again on Sebenco Climb. I exited the last corner and activated a Turbo down the start/finish straight, only to drift a bit too far right and slam into that pole thingy near the start/finish line. I bounced clean away like a football kicked against a wall, coming to rest on the grid on my side.

Lesson learnt, methinks: don't push yourself too hard.

I dont know if its cool, but my qirex ship sometimes
    lands on the roof and it is flying like this, very slow of course.
    That throws me back many positions. It doesnt happen
    in other WipEout so often, but it also happens in the 1st WipEout.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

No!!! now to quote carlito "Thats not cool"

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Once I was racing on Kai and the ships infront had trails. I`d forgotten all about it from when I closed kai that time, until now, but I kid you not. I think they were blue, like in the old games, and it freaked me out somewhat!
    Speaking of nostalgia, earlier today on Paris Hair, I had a mild side-on collision with the track-side wall, and it slowed me to a complete halt, just like in the original game. I couldn't help but smile, irritating though it was.

Another brilliant moment occured upon me earlier today during the Cardcity Run stage of an Omega tournament. I was on the last lap, in the lead in an Auricom, with that weapons-biased monster that we know as Triakis right behind me.

Right as I was about to begin the climb up the up-hill corkscrew for the last time, that aforementioned Triakis nailed me from behind with some rockets, and as it passed, dropped a bomb right in front of me as I began to move again!

Certain that I didn't stand a chance of catching the Triakis up, I soldiered on glumly; but as I approached the final hairpin, I caught sight of it again. A couple of nerve-wracking seconds and several barrel-rolls later, I snatched the lead back from the Triakis as we approached the final drop-off and crossed the line in first.

Huzzah!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Zerow View Post
    that aforementioned Triakis nailed me from behind with some rockets, and as it passed, dropped a bomb right in front of me as I began to move again!
    reminds me some great moment on kai with that kind of combo offensive/defensive shot on a poor goteki .

sweet finish you did

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

recently i'm training to make a backquake against AI (I do not have Kai).

it has happened to me to see to explode an icaras that it arrived while I launch the backquake.

it's a big fun

Read you soon
    CdRom

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think I should put my cool moment in.

Killed the other 3 guys on Kai all at once

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I threw somebody off the huge ramp in the Chenghou Projects once...I saw them fly off the side before reaching the front edge...coolest pass ever.

Oh this topic is cool !
    My best moment was hmmmm ~oh yeah Vinetka K phantom freeplay, and after 2nd jump I use the boost at the very right moment and very right place and ... I jumped so high I could see a part of the circuit from above like a bird lol .. that was crazy

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

I'm sure

we will fill this thread after Amsterdam's convention

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

200 % sure

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

Best initial moment playing purE? Hearing "those" two words for the first time. The other moment being my first outraced quake and backquake eliminating the Medievil craft in 2nd place.
    But come to think of it, today something weird happened. I can't remember the track, I think it was from delta or c2 pack. I turbostarted the usual way steering immediately to the right to avoid the traffic in the middle but somehow was too far to the right and when I crossed the start/finish line I suddenly got slingshot 90° up in the air flying higher and higher, not coming down for ~5 seconds, that's when I was sent back to the track again. I tried to reproduce it, as I thought my Piranha's right airbrake might have caught the device that emits the start/finish line and tried to pass it as close as possible but w/o any luck. Anyone else who has happened that to him?