Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    I once pulled off the Barrel Roll by going up the ramp-shaped wall to the right side on the open section. I lost control and went up the wall accidentally. I thought I was going out, and decided to try a BR anyway just incase I landed on the track. Miraculously I landed on the track, got the turbo and got back in the race. Very cool, but I don`t think I could repeat it more than 1 time in 20.
    And i saw your awesome action ' direct live ' i must say after your perfect BR , you disapeared in a sec i was just at 1 sec behind you but your extra stunt disrupted me and i crashed into the long right curve. best kai moment imo

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I've often made room in Sol 2 by actively using the ramp-wall things you speak of and doing a balance beam kind of thing on them. I'd be afraid to try anything else because I have bad feet everywhere else. It wouldn't be cool if you plunged off the side, now would it?

It`s not cool at all, and for me it`s the usual result of such stunts, unfortunately.

Another Sol2 feature which is either very very cool, or very not cool if it`s done to you, is going into lap 5 a short distance ahead, with mines or a bomb at the ready, and dropping them, unavoidably, on the nose of your rival as you cross the speed pad before said wall. Boom bang bang - off the side he goes, race won. We`ve all had it done to us, we`ve all done it.

A super-uncool thing in the same place, which I have experienced, is getting hit by a reverse disruptor on the open section during a crucial race. I was so desperate to carry on that I went off three or four times before the disruptor stopped working. Should have just parked and waited. We were in a pack so I don`t know who fired the thing. Own up you scoundrel....

I also remember doing a Time Trial on Sebenco Climb at Phantom class and using the Zone ship. The final lap was absolutely sweet - not only did I smash my previous fastest lap (using the same ship), but it was also a Perfect lap, and I can remember that it felt as though I barely slowed down throughout the lap!

That is definitely my most treasured moment from Time Trial mode, which is usually fairly boring.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    automaniacnz

Whenever I sideshift into a craft and they hit a barrier or something
    : priceless

GO TRIAKIS!!

without it I wouldn't effectively do that

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

I haven't seen this place in years, and it's amazing to see threads that were there back then are still here!

Anyway, probably the best Pure moment has got to be outrunning my first quake, which I did at Citta Nuova during a Phantom Ascension tournament by using a turbo down the straight, and then repeating it 2 races down in the same tournament at Sol-2, along with the wall barrel roll boost(which for some reason, is only succesful when I'm not trying to do it) , and winning the tournament, despite blowing up at Blue Ridge. The worst thing that ever happened was during a Rapier Classic tournament in my Asian version, where I won the first and second races at Karbonis and Sagarmatha, but ended up getting 4th at Manor Top, because of the weirdest disaster I've encountered yet. I engaged the autopilot while going into the 90-degree corner area, and got hit by a disruption bolt at the same time, which reversed the controls and sent the autopilot crazy, flying in circles and going off the track thrice before disengaging, and flying off the track once again.

Aye, outrunning a Quake is another one of those moments in Pure that leaves a big smile on my face.

Timezone
    GMT -5

racing in vineta k and having 5 of the 8 ships destroyed

****ing crazy

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

...my first kill using Plasma. Course, I couldn't see it 'cuz right afterwards, I passed the guy...

Timezone
    GMT -5

My biggest moment was in Sol 2, on the first section where the walls drop (a great spot for big moments, of course). I got a little too close to the outside edge, and hit the wall ramp, launching myself stright out over the edge. Quick reflexes and a little luck later, I managed to make a turn in mid-air and land back on the track, and skipped most of the wall-less section to boot. Tried to replecate the stunt many times, but it's a lot harder then I thought... never managed to get a repeat.

And yes, I'm new to the forums.

G.O.>

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

@ Jioruji Derako:

That moment on Sol 2 could have been made better. All you had to do was a barrel roll and you'd get a near-turbo sized speed boost on top.

Quote Originally Posted by thug4life
    racing in vineta k and having 5 of the 8 ships destroyed

****ing crazy
    Wow. How did that happen? The most ships I've ever had destroyed was at Sol 2 when FEISAR, AG Systems and Medevil all went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Airrider
    ...my first kill using Plasma. Course, I couldn't see it 'cuz right afterwards, I passed the guy...
    Sure, you usually don't see kills other than yourself unless you stop to watch it. I've only seen one kill, and that was one of an AI destroying another AI on Citta Nuova.

...outrunning my first quake was really cool, and lapping another AI craft for the first time really made me grin

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yeah, barrel-rolling was the last thing on my mind at the time. I was just happy to make it back onto the track... if I ever get to pull that stunt off again, I'll make sure to do that.
    Nowadays, I stick to the smaller wall-ramps, such as the on in manor top (just before the 90-degree turns section). I can normally jump that pretty easily.

Oh, and one more trick I sometimes pull of is on the Chenghou Project track (there's a small wall-ramp there too that I like to hit too, but that's beside my point). Chenghou Project has one of the best jumps in the game, that gigantic cliff-face drop... if you pull off a barrel-roll, then pull your craft's nose up hard, when you hit the ground (if you're lucky) you'll go right into a massive wheelie (is it still called a wheelie of your craft has no wheels?). I think once I went overboard on one of the faster speed classes and flipped my craft over backwards...

G.O.>

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

On another note, I have had decidely UN-cool PurE moments when I try the wall-riding stunt in enclosed areas (i.e. tunnels, etc.) I tend to simply bog down, flop over, and flip belly-up.

The Chenghou Projects jumps are pretty fun to go at. I take pride in linking together barrel-rolls...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Aaaaahhh WOAOUW!!!

Playing PURE together with asayyeah in the same room (for like 4 days). That were some hot races. The most intense races i ever had, superb! Thanks again Arnaud for visiting me, C U soon in Le Havre.

Great greetings Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I remember one great moments we did with a severe laugh from me ...the way we went out together on the open area of SOL2 was a serious kick-ass laughing moment ... having no weapons to throw to Mad , i decided to sideshift when he was on my right side pushing him out but also me with him

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default From Yala in Kenya

Yeah i also remember a lot of races on phamtom class. Racing 4 laps in first position with asayyeah breathing in my neck. Very, very intense. Everytime i thought: Yes, yes i am going to win, and in the last few seconds he beat me with a well aimed rocket or a well placed bomb, and ok i admit, sometimes the tension was too big so i hit the wall in the last curve. That were the days!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

' caribou '

Hope everything is ok in Yala, take care of you & Ingeborg

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default From Yala, Kenya

Yes i will.

Already had some great WipEout moments here. Eventhough there is no electricity here, where we are. Sometimes we go to the city, Kisumu where i can charge my PSP. So i have beaten all my previous records three times, in Phantom class for the Alfa league and the first two tracks in Beta league. Great moments, indeed.
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 23rd August 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Being destroyed during full acceleration in Phantom Sol 2. Ship flies out of the track engulfed in flames, teleports back on track still in flames, flies out of the track, teleports back on and finally explodes. Surreal.