Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Coolest PURE moments!!!

My coolest PURE moments are when every bigair jump succeeds. On Modesto Heights you can use your speedboost on the big jump and fly over the commercialboard just before the corner and finish with a barrelroll speedboost . On Citta Nuova you can use your speedboost on the last corner going up and fly over the chicane . On Ubermall you can use your speedboost on the small hill after where the track splits up and land after the chicane . These are my coolest PURE moments I am curious about yours.

Greetings Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

does the word 'BACKQUAKE' mean anything to you? always a cool and satisfying moment

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

lol guys
    I have got tons of great moments on Pure especially with Kai...
    doing the shortcuts above mentionned by Matthijs during a tour with 4 other wipers is just a perfect test for your nerves.
    But my overall best moments are when i become really nasty on Kai
    doing Back quake like Martin said and also add a new crazy dimension : the Back rockets & plasma. You need to have a perfect tempo to use the plasma with his 2 sec waitin' before finally launching it.
    I highly recommend to DL the gamma & delta 'crazy' tour here to see how that can be

Matthijs i received your email and be ok for helping you through msn whenever you want.
    I need to see in details what you ve done.
    the issue : your pc doesn't recognize your psp at the same time with internet.
    possible solution : the datel wifi maxx ( if i am not wrong ) is just a way to connect by ad hoc mode the psp and your pc. Using internet you should have a separate system to connect to the web ( modem ethernet or usb, wifi dongle used for ADSL wifi boxes, routeur )
    It should be easy to fix that by msn , if i cannot succed in we can also ask the one ' Piranha wiper ' who has got the datel wifiMax like you , it seems it is working for him.

Who could forget checking out the Omega league tracks for the first time??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

How about your first experiences with Phantom class? Riding a Piranha to the breaking point in the Exostra Run FTW.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Nice y'all

That's funny stuff. I hope to see a lot more cool moments, but that would be no problem with this game!!!! Yesterday evening i did a descensiontournament phamtom class and i earned a whopping 94 points. That means i earned on every track the full 8 points except on one track, 6 points. WHHheeAAA, that gave some adrenalin.

Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

now let me guess which track only let you come in second: citta nuova?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Houwdy eLhabib

Citta Nuova also known as Shitta Nuova is a real difficult track to master. However i did finish there as first. But Sebenco Climb however made me do a mistake coming up in the curve and turning in too fast with my nose into the boarding. This had cost me my first place unfortunatly.

Beating my best ever results in Zone mode is another moment in Pure that I cherish more than any other.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I'll second that

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Getting an Autopilot and a Turbo just after that. That's just... sweet.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Getting that AP-boost combo 3 times in a row

EDIT: APB for lack of a better acronym

I remember on one occasion in Zone mode on the Coridon 12 track, I failed to turn in on time at the end of the start straight and ploughed head first into the wall right at the centre-point of where the track forks. I quite literally bounced away and went in the opposite direction for a very short time - it was like I was going in reverse!

This was made all the better as I still managed to beat my previous Coridon 12 record, and by a significant margin as well. I will never, EVER forget that moment!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Ben : APB combo kicks ass on seb peak while entering the tricky chicanes, twice i get an under 20 sec /lap due to that cool weapon lotery

Zerow : i noticed you like zone much , don't you?
    we had an open challenge few months ago based on best zone on the 4 tracks here or here
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 25th June 2006 at 12:47 AM.

Well spotted Old asayyeah, I do indeed love Zone mode very much. To be honest, I spend more time in Zone mode than I do actually racing!

Too bad I missed that competition.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

the competition is always open for dedicated zone luvers , just post your best zones and you can raise the challenge again

It's always open? That's a relief!

I'll be posting my best results for all four tracks there very soon then!

Default hmmm

the most uncool about this game is AUTOPILOT. Ask Alonso if he would use cruise control in his mild seven?

The coolest stunt i ever pulled of was in Rapier class on sol 2, you know those pillars or whatever they are thats holding up the track. well try to boost yourself out on one of thoose and get past 3 wipers. so far ive only pulled it off twice...

about AP, it is perhaps too effective in some places on Pure, but I don`t know anyone who wouldn`t use it on Xlink, near the finish, to take the race win. If I finished second and then said I could have won, but I discarded an AP at the end, I think my rivals would happily take the gift, and I would not receive a lot of sympathy. There is a skill to making the most of Pure`s autopilot, and when it comes to multiplayer races you have to use every tool in the box.

@Crazy Legs..... Sol2 is great for one rare stunt. I once pulled off the Barrel Roll by going up the ramp-shaped wall to the right side on the open section. I lost control and went up the wall accidentally. I thought I was going out, and decided to try a BR anyway just incase I landed on the track. Miraculously I landed on the track, got the turbo and got back in the race. Very cool, but I don`t think I could repeat it more than 1 time in 20.

That trick on Sol 2 sounds pretty cool crazy legs, can't wait to try it out!