Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

PSN ID
    Ziz528

28.21 now for Sebenco Climb Rapier LT...

EDIT: 27.85.
    Last edited by trackripper; 24th October 2011 at 09:42 AM.

PSN ID
    jesse9705

My happiest moment would be when i got purist, Can't even remember when i did this, but i was like 'OMJ OMJ OMJ'

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I wrote this AGES ago, one night after playing Kai, when everyone was asleep and I was too buzzing to do the same. Something reminded me to finally edit it (yes it used to be longer) and post it, for those with endurance to read it. War and Peace is slightly longer, but this has the advantage of having absolutely nothing but WAR in it. It`s a Kai Report from when Mad-Ice was staying chez Arnaud, in Le Havre. Hopefully Pulse will bring us many more times like this. We had so many great moments playing Pure on Kai, but this tour was the most memorable for me

__________________________________________________ ______________

This is the even more amazing sequel to the original 123 Karnage race event, the report for which can be found here
    So, I bring you:

123 Karnage: Part Deux – Stella Strike

Omega Tour, Phantom Class

the grid:

Rapier Racer: RRA, Qirex, Scotland
    Mad-Ice: MAD, Goteki 45, Netherlands, currently on tour in Le Havre, France
    Stin: STN, Goteki 45, Scotland
    Lunar: SPK, Goteki 45, England
    Assayeah: ASA, Icaras, Le Havre, France

This Omega tour started innocently enough with a speedy win for MAD on Burgertown. There was no way for ASA to catch him after a violent start with many weapon exchanges, while SPK and STN battled for third, with the Scotsman taking the five points after smooth flying. RRA, the former serial killer of 123 Klan, received some 123 Karma and was eliminated.

Burgertown

MAD 8
    ASA 6
    STN 5
    SPK 4
    RRA 0

When the same happened to the dreaded RRA again, on Cardcity, it was perhaps beyond the reach of even such a lethal pilot to come back and compete in this tour, though a near reversal of the top four positions from race 1 meant the tour was in a deadly balance for the rest, after SPK broke clear of the mayhem behind to win.

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
    STN 6
    MAD 5
    ASA 4
    RRA 0

Top 4 Standings after Cardcity Run

MAD 13
    SPK 12
    STN 11
    ASA 10

On Paris Hair, ASA, MAD, and SPK battled for the lead until lap three when MAD began to assert himself infront. But, just at that moment, SPK in third place witnessed a brutal plasma shot from the french marksman: the dutchman`s Goteki stood no chance. The master blaster of Le Havre then focussed on his piloting and his racing lines, to take the win.

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
    SPK 6
    STN 5
    RRA 4
    MAD 0

There was then a punch up in Le Havre, with ASA feeling MAD`s anger, as well as his left boot in the frenchman`s mouth. Eventually racing could resume with a tense final race in prospect. The top 4 standings after Paris Hair were:

ASA 18
    SPK 18
    STN 16
    MAD 13

SPK went into the final race knowing that beating ASA was the priority. To win the tour he would have to take care of the frenchman somehow, and hope that STN would not finish too far ahead. As the grid positions were revealed he was disapointed to see himself given 4th, but he cheered up quite a bit when he saw that ASA had been given 5th, to his right and back on the grid. Ready…. Go…… At the start SPK put in a hard shift to the right and this seemed to prevent his main rival, in the Icaras, getting a good launch. Dirty tricks, but this was no time to play nice. Looking good for the English pilot….. SPK sat in fourth for lap 1, with ASA behind. A monkey-turbo BR at the end of the lap took SPK up into second place, behind MAD. SPK then picked up a missile, waited for MAD to reach the open section on lap 2, fired. Off went MAD…… just as a bomb came into view ahead, taking SPK off the side also. Both ships respawned in their previous positions, with the chasing pack now much closer. This seemed to make MAD focus himself, he took off ahead and was not seen again in that race. SPK did not panic, a glance behind told that RRA and STN were between him and ASA. But not for long: primed with a supply of missiles and rockets the two Bravehearts soon took SPK down to fourth. But still, ASA was behind and SPK remained on course for gold, no need to panic. A few laps of battling followed, between SPK, RRA and STN, with 2nd-4th position changing all the time. At the start of lap 5 all pilots were feeling the pressure, and a mistake from SPK saw him drop to fourth again, and as he recovered from the wall hit ASA sped by – suddenly the Frenchman was on course to win the tour instead. But SPK, now 5th and facing disaster, still didn`t despair – he picked up a turbo on the open section, to save for the monkey hill at the end, and knew he had a great chance. He sat in 5th, while ASA ploughed into the fight with RRA and STN, unable to force his way through on the narrow straight after the open section. Even if ASA had a turbo too, SPK was confident he couldn`t cleanly use it with RRA and STN so close ahead of him. Shield was low, a slight worry, but SPK had just enough energy for the final BR at the monkey. SPK was just a second down on the pack as the monkey came into view – in fifth place, but confident the tour was his. He hit turbo and sailed over the heads of RRA, STN and ASA – nice smooth BR, landed cleanly pointing down the final straight towards glory…… then….. “Missile”.... SPK hears the deadly warning, but the missile will never hit him as another pilot has his sights on the Englishman, with an even deadlier weapon..... Over the last weapon pad STN has picked up a plasma bolt, and now has ASA and then SPK both ahead of him. It`s now or never for the Scotsman and he has SPK in his sights with the plasma charging: the deadly bolt is unleashed and crashes into the side of SPK`s Goteki 45, he is thrown into the wall, out of control, and explodes instantly. ASA is still ahead of STN, but ASA is passing by the explosion of SPK`s ship – now he is on course to win the tour, but he is caught in the blast of SPK`s dying Goteki, his shield is critical, and the Frenchman`s Icaras cannot survive the blast. He also is eliminated, by the same plasma blast, with the finish in sight, as STN waves to the crowd and cruises down the final straight to a glorious tournament win, achieved with one plasma and a double elimination on the last corner of the last race of the tour!

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
    STN 6
    RRA 5
    ASA 0
    SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
    MAD 21
    SPK 18
    ASA 18
    RRA (unsure of final points, the reporter was too busy laughing and crying……)

Amazing events – but it wasn`t all over. Just two races later, on Anulpha Pass, start of the final lap, ASA and SPK once again demonstrated a synchronized son et lumiere at the hands of a single pilot with a single rocket shot. This time the eliminations were so well-timed that all the pilots heard was one “contender eliminated” with a strange echo. The culprit has not been found, but the name of RRA has been mentioned in connection with the incident, and FX300 Authorities are most interested in questioning him.
    I do need to quote that, because, I was thinking of lunar and enjoyed his banter through kai. Seriously I did laughed my head off. Aah memories. Thank you Lunar

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6

Flash Speed Lap/Free Play on Blue Ridge using Zone Ship, using a turbo on the big-jump, Barrel Rolling, and slamming on the Right Airbrakes to clear the corner. I managed that once, but I was unable to reproduce it.

Recently, I was on Citta Nouva, I was doing very poorly, and just before I reached the first hairpin, I got hit by a missile. However, getting pushed to the side actually caused me to land on the speed pads, helping me navigate the corner sequence and pull ahead in first-place.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

1. There were literally 6 ships in front of me, just about to cross the line in Chenghou Project and I used the boost I preserved at the last minute and came first by half a second.

2. I won by 1 millisecond in Modesto Heights once. And I won by 3 milliseconds in Citta Nuova once. Both in Phantom.

3. I always save a boost in Modesto Heights until I reach that one big jump and that's when I use it and my ship goes incredibly high and I just love that moment when I can see the whole cityscape background of the track in front of me, and also I go over all the other ships and shave off lots of lap time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    niroxxe

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    now let me guess which track only let you come in second: citta nuova?
    Ehm, I always get first place in Citta Nuova in Phantom Class with my beloved Assegai!

Timezone
    GMT -6

You, sir, are not human.

Also, the Double-Ramp on Chenghou Project is an absolute living nightmare (literally) on Rapier Class with the Icarus. I used a Turbo, hit the speed pad, did a barrel roll, landed on the very edge of the second ramp, and flipped upside-down. Fortunately, my momentum kept me going, and then I hit the speed pad, flipping my craft right-side-up.

That was hilarious, awesome, and downright frightening, all at the same time.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 22nd October 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    niroxxe

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You, sir, are not human.
    Then what am I, an android? XD No really, do I really play like an Asian in Pure? ^^

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Hmm, best moment... I think I actually have to say that the best moment I ever saw (in terms of the entertainment I got out of it) came from watching my friend race at Staten Park. I had just introduced him to WipEout, and he had picked up the handling for Pure rather quickly. It was his first time at Staten Park (in Vector) and he pulled out to an early lead. He was feeling pretty good and making comments about how good he was at this track, and how he was dominating. This all ended quickly on the final lap: As he was approaching that really tiny jump before the last corner on the last lap, the electronic voice said "Quake." He tried to stay in the middle of the track and kept the accelerator jammed, but right before his ship began to go off the jump, he was hit by the quake, which, at Vector slows you nearly to a stop, and his ship managed to drift over the jump going slow enough that it fell into the abyss and had to be respawned in fourth place. I was laughing so hard at this point, and he couldn't believe the turn of events. He failed to advance his position and gained no medal, which angered him even more. It took me a few minutes to calm down, that was one of the unluckiest WipEout experiences I have ever seen, and I give him hell to this day about falling into one of the smallest track splits in WipEout. It's become a classic story between us, and I will never forget it.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I wrote this AGES ago, one night after playing Kai, when everyone was asleep and I was too buzzing to do the same. Something reminded me to finally edit it (yes it used to be longer) and post it, for those with endurance to read it. War and Peace is slightly longer, but this has the advantage of having absolutely nothing but WAR in it. It`s a Kai Report from when Mad-Ice was staying chez Arnaud, in Le Havre. Hopefully Pulse will bring us many more times like this. We had so many great moments playing Pure on Kai, but this tour was the most memorable for me

__________________________________________________ ______________

This is the even more amazing sequel to the original 123 Karnage race event, the report for which can be found here
    So, I bring you:

123 Karnage: Part Deux – Stella Strike

Omega Tour, Phantom Class

the grid:

Rapier Racer: RRA, Qirex, Scotland
    Mad-Ice: MAD, Goteki 45, Netherlands, currently on tour in Le Havre, France
    Stin: STN, Goteki 45, Scotland
    Lunar: SPK, Goteki 45, England
    Assayeah: ASA, Icaras, Le Havre, France

This Omega tour started innocently enough with a speedy win for MAD on Burgertown. There was no way for ASA to catch him after a violent start with many weapon exchanges, while SPK and STN battled for third, with the Scotsman taking the five points after smooth flying. RRA, the former serial killer of 123 Klan, received some 123 Karma and was eliminated.

Burgertown

MAD 8
    ASA 6
    STN 5
    SPK 4
    RRA 0

When the same happened to the dreaded RRA again, on Cardcity, it was perhaps beyond the reach of even such a lethal pilot to come back and compete in this tour, though a near reversal of the top four positions from race 1 meant the tour was in a deadly balance for the rest, after SPK broke clear of the mayhem behind to win.

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
    STN 6
    MAD 5
    ASA 4
    RRA 0

Top 4 Standings after Cardcity Run

MAD 13
    SPK 12
    STN 11
    ASA 10

On Paris Hair, ASA, MAD, and SPK battled for the lead until lap three when MAD began to assert himself infront. But, just at that moment, SPK in third place witnessed a brutal plasma shot from the french marksman: the dutchman`s Goteki stood no chance. The master blaster of Le Havre then focussed on his piloting and his racing lines, to take the win.

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
    SPK 6
    STN 5
    RRA 4
    MAD 0

There was then a punch up in Le Havre, with ASA feeling MAD`s anger, as well as his left boot in the frenchman`s mouth. Eventually racing could resume with a tense final race in prospect. The top 4 standings after Paris Hair were:

ASA 18
    SPK 18
    STN 16
    MAD 13

SPK went into the final race knowing that beating ASA was the priority. To win the tour he would have to take care of the frenchman somehow, and hope that STN would not finish too far ahead. As the grid positions were revealed he was disapointed to see himself given 4th, but he cheered up quite a bit when he saw that ASA had been given 5th, to his right and back on the grid. Ready…. Go…… At the start SPK put in a hard shift to the right and this seemed to prevent his main rival, in the Icaras, getting a good launch. Dirty tricks, but this was no time to play nice. Looking good for the English pilot….. SPK sat in fourth for lap 1, with ASA behind. A monkey-turbo BR at the end of the lap took SPK up into second place, behind MAD. SPK then picked up a missile, waited for MAD to reach the open section on lap 2, fired. Off went MAD…… just as a bomb came into view ahead, taking SPK off the side also. Both ships respawned in their previous positions, with the chasing pack now much closer. This seemed to make MAD focus himself, he took off ahead and was not seen again in that race. SPK did not panic, a glance behind told that RRA and STN were between him and ASA. But not for long: primed with a supply of missiles and rockets the two Bravehearts soon took SPK down to fourth. But still, ASA was behind and SPK remained on course for gold, no need to panic. A few laps of battling followed, between SPK, RRA and STN, with 2nd-4th position changing all the time. At the start of lap 5 all pilots were feeling the pressure, and a mistake from SPK saw him drop to fourth again, and as he recovered from the wall hit ASA sped by – suddenly the Frenchman was on course to win the tour instead. But SPK, now 5th and facing disaster, still didn`t despair – he picked up a turbo on the open section, to save for the monkey hill at the end, and knew he had a great chance. He sat in 5th, while ASA ploughed into the fight with RRA and STN, unable to force his way through on the narrow straight after the open section. Even if ASA had a turbo too, SPK was confident he couldn`t cleanly use it with RRA and STN so close ahead of him. Shield was low, a slight worry, but SPK had just enough energy for the final BR at the monkey. SPK was just a second down on the pack as the monkey came into view – in fifth place, but confident the tour was his. He hit turbo and sailed over the heads of RRA, STN and ASA – nice smooth BR, landed cleanly pointing down the final straight towards glory…… then….. “Missile”.... SPK hears the deadly warning, but the missile will never hit him as another pilot has his sights on the Englishman, with an even deadlier weapon..... Over the last weapon pad STN has picked up a plasma bolt, and now has ASA and then SPK both ahead of him. It`s now or never for the Scotsman and he has SPK in his sights with the plasma charging: the deadly bolt is unleashed and crashes into the side of SPK`s Goteki 45, he is thrown into the wall, out of control, and explodes instantly. ASA is still ahead of STN, but ASA is passing by the explosion of SPK`s ship – now he is on course to win the tour, but he is caught in the blast of SPK`s dying Goteki, his shield is critical, and the Frenchman`s Icaras cannot survive the blast. He also is eliminated, by the same plasma blast, with the finish in sight, as STN waves to the crowd and cruises down the final straight to a glorious tournament win, achieved with one plasma and a double elimination on the last corner of the last race of the tour!

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
    STN 6
    RRA 5
    ASA 0
    SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
    MAD 21
    SPK 18
    ASA 18
    RRA (unsure of final points, the reporter was too busy laughing and crying……)

Amazing events – but it wasn`t all over. Just two races later, on Anulpha Pass, start of the final lap, ASA and SPK once again demonstrated a synchronized son et lumiere at the hands of a single pilot with a single rocket shot. This time the eliminations were so well-timed that all the pilots heard was one “contender eliminated” with a strange echo. The culprit has not been found, but the name of RRA has been mentioned in connection with the incident, and FX300 Authorities are most interested in questioning him.
    Maybe old but that is the best pure moments for a long time!

Wish lunar can read this again if he is back online again

stevie 🤗