Thread: Wip3out SE on ps3 (superSlim)

PSN ID
    marcingru

Default Wip3out SE on ps3 (superSlim)

Im trying to get my hands on SE version of that game since i really been play it just a little bit at friend psx many years ago
    just wondering is there any problems to get it to work on ps3 (i think i saw a post that someones copy just load til race and then hangs)
    ThanX

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well I haven't tried the SE version on the PS3, due to me being American an all, and the fact that an NTSC version doesn't exist. But I do have the American release, and the only problems are with the cd audio. Don't expect the soundtrack to work.

I did however try running the SE version on a PAL emulator on an OUYA console. While I know that this isn't quite the answer you are looking for, I had the same problem with the cd audio even with the audio tracks properly decoded on the emulator. It would seem that this issue is cross-platform and cross-version.

PSN ID
    marcingru

I have found W3SE locally quite cheap so ill report back how its goes , but thank you mannjon!

Gretzz!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I have W3SE and I ran it on my PS3, it worked completely fine. Ran without a hitch so I'm guessing yours should run fine. Is it a PAL version of SE you have?

Granted I still have the original PS3 not the slim so there could be a difference maybe???
    If its all PAL it should be fine, just run it and see what it does.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I will say this. Wip3out runs seamlessly on the PS3. Crisp handling that is better than the PS2. It is a true joy to play, and doesn't suffer from the same upscaling issues that a PS2 game does when played on an HD TV. Just have a laptop or alternate audio out device for the music and you are all set!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

I doubt this still needs responding to, so sorry for bumping an older post, but I have a SuperSlim PS3 and W3SE and can check if need be. It's an Australian/PAL release.