Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: future wipeout music gona be good enough?

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Default future wipeout music gona be good enough?

i am wondering, wipeout 1, 2097, and 3 were all made in the 1990s - apart from massive crime rise and drugs ect lol. there was much good electro music made in this decade. now in 2006 - until the release date of the future wipeout i have not heard many electro music that still has that 90s feel to it. i have heard other electro music made after 1999 but it just lacks something i feel.
    does anyone know if the future wipeout will have music that has been made in 90s or newer music?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

There are a lot of phat bigbeat etc. tunes.
    Hm, Ursula 1000 on a Wipeout game, that would be great!

No idea about whether the next WipEout will feature old-school electro or new, but I am not fussed about that, as I like both equally.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I like how electronic music evolved in the last... let's say 10 years. From very simple to more complex tunes.
    Not that all simple tunes are bad and the complex ones are all superb or the other way around but imo I like more complex music a bit more. That is also the reason why I like Fusion's soundtrack that much. These tracks aren't all that bumping but they feature a lot more melodies and stuff.

But imo they did a step backward with Pure's music. It's still more complex that 3's or 2097's one, but... I dunno... somehow most tracks don't fit that much to the action that is one the track.
    So I would like Fusion's music but one more step forward.
    I would like to see Paul van Dyk back on the track for example. Something that features bass, beat but also quality and not just "itz itz itz".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

You mean utz utz utz. *g*
    I prefer Boom ...tschak boom ...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

*itz atz utz atz - itz atz utz atz*

man you don't know how much I hate gabba and this crappy I-made-this-track-in-2-munutes-techno-tunes

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

I produce Speedcore and Breakcore too, Gabba is too lame.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I thought it was "Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss"

Vojeet has some good tunes, I think a mix of new eletro, some breaks and a good dose of progressive house could work out well.
    2097 & 3 had amazing soundtracks. Fusion had a few good tracks, but Pure just seemed lazy.

As long as Dangermouse doesn't produce or MF Doom doesn't make an appearance, I think we're ok. (Nothing against those guys... Just not in my W'O". I acutally like them, but they've been all over the place lately.)

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i think that wipeout 1 for the playstation had the best music in my opinion, i hope that if the ps3 discs can store enough data that they can hold all of the music from all o the games and that you can select which tracks you want to play and what you dont (similar to pures music selection). and i would also like to see the audio config option back in the start menu, that is about the only drawback of pure i think.

I like all the WipEout soundtracks, but I agree that there isn't that many songs in Pure that fit in with the racing.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

also i would like to see the in-game music played in the menue screens like in the previouse ps1 versions of the game

I actually didn't like that at all. I prefer how it is in Fusion and Pure - a short tune that loops over endlessly untill you start an event or leave the game. The Fusion one is miles better than the Pure one, but that's just my opinion.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

here are two music tracks i think should be featured in the future game: ppk ressurection (if you have seen the video you will know why) and moving-shadow-records - bytesize life (fast beat and sutes the game well i think)

if you want to listen to either of these please msn me: danc1990@hotmail.co.uk and i will send them to you
    Last edited by username; 1st June 2006 at 10:07 AM.

I've already heard 'Ressurection' by PPK - I think that would work not too bad.

As long as CoLD SToRAGE is back on the list to do a few tracks I think we're set to go.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

has anyone heard any of the moving shadow records? i have got into them since i have listend to MSX98 on GTA-LCS on the psp. some i think would work well with wipeout. especially wipeout 2097.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kowareta-vojeet

Moving Shadow is a UK based jungle/drum and bass record label that was started in 1990 by Rob Playford.

http://www.movingshadow.com/

I have finished two tracks... I'm going to upload those trackes in this week.
    Last edited by kowareta|vojeet; 5th June 2006 at 11:20 AM.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

cool! hope to hear them!

Timezone
    GMT -6

It'd be dope if the did the next soundtrack 50/50. Half be the
    high calibre artists and the other half could be done by no-name
    tallent who get in via Wipeout soundtrack contest. It'd be
    great to see the unheard rise out of the shadows. Of course
    it'd have to be quality to make the cut... Sometimes the
    little people have more inspiration to make some pretty creative
    music, but that also can seem rare.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Has anyone ever thoght about having some good Drum and Bass in a Wipeout soundtrack. Trance and electro are great but the addition to some good D&B would be nice.