Thread: wipEout-- adrenalin rush

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I want to keep the the spirit of the original, but make it look like an intro from the year 2006. I am sure they had a lot more ideas back in 1995 but just couldn't to achieve it due to technical boundaries. (there are technical boundaries today as well of course)
    The original played in a valley surrounded by mountains in the far distance... kinda desert like. A few buildings here and there a birds eye camera at the beginning and another one focusing on the ships once the platform has reached track-level.
    Because of todays greater possibilities I am planning to greatly expand the environment though not entirely sure how...
    My intro will also differ a lot in terms of camerawork and speed. While the original had a similiar speed throughout the entire duration, I am going to speed it up slowly with the climax around the time when the ships are being released from their platforms.
    I think of a duration around 2 min in total @30 fps in HD 720p.
    Last edited by Tora_2097; 21st May 2006 at 08:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'd love the track for the cam fly-over in the intro to be Terramax, but that's just me it has a steep climb and a huge jump near the finish line, plus, it is set in a cool landscape, so it would be perfect for the clip imo.

I agree, something similar to Florion Heights and Terramax would be best.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I'd like to join the crowd and say how good your modelling is, recently been using 3ds Max but this work is amazing, good luck in pulling this one off.

For setting, I'd say something more Vineta K might be nice, Pure was done in a clean and very modern way, it's very up-to date with the tech-ier, but cleaner style of visuals in use a lot ATM. But that's just what i think, whatever feels right to you mate

Thanks for all your nice comments, I still have not decided about the environment... But I bear in mind that only a very small portion of the track will be seen anyway, so it would be kinda hard to just recongnize a certain track with barely the finish-line in sight. So I might just model my own design, updated to a sleek futuristic design, most likely a cityscape.
    Meanwhile I have continued working on the hangar, i.e. the ceiling. Check it out:

Ceiling

The hangar is near finish now, I will add the needed extra polish to the mainparts, finalize the craft and export it afterwards to Maya.

Regards,
    Tora_2097

Hi again, I finished the shipdesign, it'll be exported for texturing now.

front

perspective

perpective_back

That looks great, even though it's naked (in the sense of body paint ). Can't wait to see how you adorne it.