Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wipEout-- adrenalin rush

Default wipEout-- adrenalin rush

Hi again,

I am going to post my progress about my attempt at recreating the PSX wipEout intro at new graphical standards here. (please take a look in the Pilots lounge for further details )

O.k. here are screenshots and early clayrenderings of modeling in progress. Hope you like them.

drone
    station
    lifter
    craft_front
    craft_bottom
    platform_1
    platform_2
    drone_wire
    Last edited by Tora_2097; 20th May 2006 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Posting of large images - read the forum guidelines.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Thumbs up

Is this Maya or 3ds Max?

@q_dmc12
    This is all 3ds max. I will model everthing in 3ds max/ Hexagon 2, all other aspects will be done in Maya/ Mental Ray.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I am a Multimedia student @ ITT-tech so I know Max, if you want any help

EDIT: check out my final project (in progress, when done he will be animated - probably by the end of today)
    *Removed my image - forgot about forum guidelines for a moment*
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 19th May 2006 at 04:47 PM.

hehe, thanks for offering your help, but I might get along on my own.
    Btw. when you say you know 3ds max you should have identified the wireframe screenshots within a second as 3ds max ones since its very obvious.
    Good luck with your project.
    Regards,

Tora_2097

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Tora_2097
    Btw. when you say you know 3ds max you should have identified the wireframe screenshots within a second as 3ds max ones since its very obvious.
    Well, that's why I asked since I don't know/use Maya

EDIT: plus a first I just glanced at them, but now I notice that one is of the perspective viewport and the XYZ thing in the lower left.
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 19th May 2006 at 03:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

welcome to the zone, Tora.

That are awesome pictures you have there! definitely!!
    Been inspired by the Pure-renderings for the ship, huh?

I really look forward to this. If you've really started just a week ago, that is a absolutely awesome speed you're working at when getting such nice results in such a short time!

But, just as a note beside, make links to the images insted of posting them directly in here (read the forum guidelines at the max. image size - thing for this)

Updates. Plus an early arrangement of the hangar. Appears a little too crowded currently, maybe I'll widen the hangar a bit. I still have to create the ceiling, the outer environment plus a ton of more details...
    I am still not sure which racetrack to choose for the outer scene... Maybe I create an entirely new one.

Hangar_1
    Lifting platform

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

holy crap! that's some mad skills you got there! can't wait to see the whole thing with textures on it!

thanks all.

New update sometime this late (very late) afternoon possibly.
    am currently adding details to the hangar...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

And when you do post them, post them as links - you have broken the forum rules by posting excessively large images.

Yes, I am sorry for that. I used links within my last update. Should I replace my initial images with links instead of inline images?

Regards,

Tora_2097

Edit: Done.
    Last edited by Tora_2097; 20th May 2006 at 08:20 PM.

As I said in the other thread you made Tora 2097, I can't wait to see it all finished!

Tora, you have started two threads on the same topic in two different sections; I've closed the other thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Tora, your work is awesome!
    Especially how you make the craft looking traditional but smooth and curved as well. A mix where both people are happy, those who like smooth and curved ships and those who like edged ships!

Keep on the good work!

@Sausehuhn
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I kinda prefer edged ships, the one I modeled here kinda resamples the ag-systems craft from Pure with a touch Piranha from 2097. But it isn't fiished yet, I still have to to some kind of covering for the bottom, since all the pipes and angled structures would be aerodynamically very unefficient.
    I also widely prefer monohull ships over dualhull ones, they appear much more elegant and sleek (at least in my opinion).
    Anyway, the hangar and its element are near complete (modeling wise), but I am still thinking about the outdoor environment... I had a cracked cityscape like in 2097's Spilskinanke in mind, although under strong sunlight conditions as seen in wipEouts original opening. What do you think? Any suggestions? Or maybe an entirely new racetrack?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

hm, gute Frage... wenn du den "Spirit" des originalen Intros beibehalten möchtest wäre ein Tarrain wie das des originals natürlich am besten. Oder du versuchst einen Mix aus alt und neu. Etwas ähnliches wie Florion Height aus WipEout Fusion vielleicht. Da ist 'ne Stadt in der Wüste. Das wäre dann "2 in 1"

PS: das Intro spiele doch in einer Wüste, oder nicht?

___

hm, good question... if you want to keep the "spirit" of the original intro, a tarrain like the original's would be the best choice. Or you try to make a mix between old and new. Something like WipEout Fusions Florion Height maybe. There's a city in a desert. That were "2 in 1" then

PS: the intro was in a desert, wasn't it?

Yeah, I want to keep the the spirit of the original, but make it look like an intro from the year 2006. I am sure they had a lot more ideas back in 1995 but just couldn't to achieve it due to technical boundaries. (there are technical boundaries today as well of course)
    The original played in a valley surrounded by mountains in the far distance... kinda desert like. A few buildings here and there a birds eye camera at the beginning and another one focusing on the ships once the platform has reached track-level.
    Because of todays greater possibilities I am planning to greatly expand the environment though not entirely sure how...
    My intro will also differ a lot in terms of camerawork and speed. While the original had a similiar speed throughout the entire duration, I am going to speed it up slowly with the climax around the time when the ships are being released from their platforms.
    I think of a duration around 2 min in total @30 fps in HD 720p.
    Last edited by Tora_2097; 21st May 2006 at 08:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'd love the track for the cam fly-over in the intro to be Terramax, but that's just me it has a steep climb and a huge jump near the finish line, plus, it is set in a cool landscape, so it would be perfect for the clip imo.