Hello everybody - thought I'd give you an idea of what's been going on behind the scenes for the last few months.

Development on the new site has been slow ideed - with our daughter arriving on new years eve I haven't had as much time on my hands as in the past.

Even so, I did think I'd have it finished around three weeks ago. However, I made a poor decision regarding the structure of the new record tables and I've had to go back and undo a lot of work. Due to that, despite spending around ten hours working on the site over this weekend I'm only slightly further forward than I was after the previous weekend's work!

Anyhow, here's what you can expect to see in the new version of WipeoutZone:

- Records for all versions of Pure.
- Records for the Japanese version of Wipeout 3.
- Record tables sortable by customisable criteria (for example, you could view Porto Kora over all games W3, W3SE and Pure, if you wanted).
- Multiple records per track (you could have a record time in each ship, if you like).
- Records are time stamped so you can see the most recently updated records.
- Pilot profile page - vew all records over all games by any pilot.
- Content search

There's probably more stuff going on than I can remember right now - I've been working on the site since before Christmas so, as you can imagine, I cant quite remember everything.

Right now I'm about 70% done with the records table code and, if it all hangs together nicely, I might make the bulk of the new site live when that's done, before completing some of the smaller stuff. The slow bit is trying to import all the old time data into the new structure and it's a painstaking process - so far only the 2097 / XL data has successfully been ported, so there's quite a bit still to do. (Every game and track now has a unique ID and matching that up with all the old data is a bitch)

Anyhow, that's a brief summary of where we're at right now - I figured it would be good to let everyone know where things are and to confirm that the new site is, in fact, on its way.