Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bugs

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

for good? ever heard of purE?

I have noticed that Fusion is quite a bit buggier than 2097, especially when ut comes down to falling off/through/out of the track.

Does it count as a bug when you win Vohl Square by mistiming a jump and getting replaced into first place? ¦D

Seriously, any number of times I have been doing seriously badly, and have scraped out of the track, and it replaces me back in a competitive position...

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

The reason of bugs is the exact reason why Infoxicated hasn't put Fusion times on the site!!! I would consider being put into first place accidently would not count, and would be considered "cheating".

PSN ID
    spinstartshere

Quote Originally Posted by lordpenguin
    I have noticed that Fusion is quite a bit buggier than 2097, especially when ut comes down to falling off/through/out of the track.

Does it count as a bug when you win Vohl Square by mistiming a jump and getting replaced into first place? ¦D

Seriously, any number of times I have been doing seriously badly, and have scraped out of the track, and it replaces me back in a competitive position...
    I've always felt that the Wipeout games actually try to help me sometimes, mostly giving me a weapom or an autopilot when I'm doing really craply on a track, but that's taking it a bit to extremes...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

In my opinion the biggest problem in the game was the score cap on Zone mode, I was shattered when I finally broke my score record only to have the damn thing drop back to zero. That bug on Mandrashee 3 as well with the tunnel roof really annoyed me as well, although we developed a way to circumvent that one, as well as any others involving jumps. Shouldn't have been necessary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill
    The reason of bugs is the exact reason why Infoxicated hasn't put Fusion times on the site!!! I would consider being put into first place accidently would not count, and would be considered "cheating".
    If Rob were to put time trial times on the site there would have to be a strict policy that any lap/race time in which you left the track will not count. Anyone who remembers the old league tables on the official site will remember they were plastered with sub-second times and other ****.

That was very agitating. Up until then, I didn't realize how many a####s played wipeout. YOu can at least keep track of the zone score by yourself though. How did you circumvent that problem?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If you made a sharp brake turn off the jump and then immediately turned back on course, it made you more adhesive to the track and it dropped the altitude of the jump. It was the same on Florion Height 3 reverse, where going up that huge slope at the start on anything over zone 50 would cause you to fly off the track. If you fishtail the craft over the peak it sticks to the track.

Actually, come to think of it, I still have all my old (unreset) zone scores.

@Al, yes I was also shocked at the sheer dishonesty of the Fusion tables. It was depressing.

I think Fusion Zone tables would be a great addition to this site, but competition for times could just get silly with suspicions of respawning, even though WZ does not really attract the kind of misguided individuals who entered cheat times on the Fusion tables. Obviously we`d be okay with the known and trusted people here, but I`m not sure that Fusion is a good enough game to be really worth it. Original WipEout tables would be a better addition. That`s all strictly in my opinion though.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I've written up rules for the new WipeoutZone tables and the new conditions state that for all lap and race times the records must be achieved with clean laps - no respawns.

The problem with adding times for Fusion is the lack of distinct classes - this means Fusion lap times don't fit in with the structure of all the other games. I'll see if I can find a way around it at some point in the future, but for right now there's no way I'm going to undo the work I've done to accomodate Fusion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Don't really like the idea of TT & SR fusion record table, like Rob said about the problem how to distinct classes and also with all the sub-second cheaters.
    It should be cool to have only Zone mode table : the only fusion mode where cheats weren't enable.

Talking about how to avoid instant take off due to high speed : i am currently using it ...with pure zone mode... working hard on Pro tozo and noticed after 70 ( speed 1400 & more) , the ship can literally go out of the track if you don't do sharp turn with great airbraking to slow down .

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well, if Rob does actually make successful TTs & TRs of Fusion to be added on this site, please be honest with your times!!!! Though I definately agree with Aseyeah a WHOLE LOT!!!!

PSN ID
    madwiperII

heres a good trick, enable unlimited shield and unlimited weapons and go to zone, when you get to a really high speed, engage autopilon at the beginning of a straight! youll laugh your head off! even autopilot cant handle it!!! (but i must say fusions and pures autopilots are terrible, i prefer the older wip3out version! perfect handling with unlimited mass!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah
    Don't really like the idea of TT & SR fusion record table, like Rob said about the problem how to distinct classes and also with all the sub-second cheaters.
    Sub second cheaters aren't even a factor - nobody is doing a lap of any track in less than 15 seconds if they're playing the game legitimately - I'll just not allow any records that are less than that. You worry too much!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    You worry too much!
    [GASP] no more 14 allowed then ! i can't worry anymore cause i am already dead and you can find my body on Talon's Reach graveyard ( FIP )...Fly In Peace

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Wink Fusion Records

I hope one day the site does include the WipEout Fusion lap and race records. I know the game's oddness compared with the rest in the series makes it tricky, but I'm probably better at Fusion than any of the other WipEout games. It would be nice for completeness' sake, too.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Each time I think about doing it, I realise how different it is from the other games in structure by it not having classes, and I lose the motivation. I'd need to make a bunch of exceptions for Fusion just to cater for it, and I don't really feel like introducing all that to the lovely clean records table system we have now.

So far the only thing I've had to add to the records system code since it launched in september is for adding a trailing zero to times for 2197 & XL, but since that's equally applicable for when folk don't put enough zeroes in for other games, I didn't mind doing it.

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Wink Fusion Records

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Each time I think about doing it, I realise how different it is from the other games in structure by it not having classes, and I lose the motivation. I'd need to make a bunch of exceptions for Fusion just to cater for it, and I don't really feel like introducing all that to the lovely clean records table system we have now.
    I take your point on how neat and tidy the current record tables are as of now (fantastic design, I must day), but I'm sure it wouldn't spoil totally the aesthetics to have a slightly different appearance for Fusion. After all, the tables themselves would look the same, minus separate tables for each individual class.

Then again, I suppose WipEout (1) and 64 are missing as well, so it's not as if Fusion is the only game missing from the list.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It's nothing to do with aesthetics - it's to do with the structure. Each new record is expected to have a class_id, each record select query is expected to have a class_id. So for Fusion to have a class_id I'd need to create a dummy class and people would just put in their fastest times for that single class regardless of how their ship was upgraded at the time.

That, in a word, would be crap, because it wouldn't relate at all to how Fusion is structured - the ships do have different states/classes, even if it isn't made clear to the player. So it'd just be a mess, and wouldn't fit in nicely with the rest of the records system. Considering Fusion was a bit of a low point in the Wipeout lineage (never used that word before), I'm willing to cast it aside because I personally don't like the game and I haven't played it in several years.

Heck, it took me a year to get the Pure tables in because I'm not too keen on Pure, either, but it is a return to form of sorts after the disappointment of Fusion.

Tables for the original and Wipeout 64 will probably make an appearance when I get round to finishing the admin system for the back end. Traditionally I do a lot of work during the dead time at xmas, so I'm fairly confident that the addition of those isn't a million miles away.

// stretches aching fingers.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

New glitch that ive only discoovered today!; when on a level like vohl square, 3rd version, (not backwards), or tetmish bay. If you are to fire a missile, rocket, or proton cannon (or perhaps some others i havent discovered that do this) they can sometimes just clip a wall, and instead of exploding, they seem to bounce off :S!!! or be deflected to a completely different angle.
    while in vohl square, after the 2nd jump (and if you take the right turn) i shot missile (that wasnt locked on) and i found it deflecting off the wall and heading straight for me! instead of damaging me it just went through me though, (yet again another glitch!). was funny actually.

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Wink Record Tables

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Tables for the original and Wipeout 64 will probably make an appearance when I get round to finishing the admin system for the back end. Traditionally I do a lot of work during the dead time at xmas, so I'm fairly confident that the addition of those isn't a million miles away.
    I'll look forward to seeing those, then!

I didn't realise the tables were structured as they are, so obviously creating tables for Fusion would be a pig of a job. I have to add my tuppence worth though: I do like Fusion and enjoyed the freshness of the game - it didn't seem a next-gen rip off of the older games. Admittedly, it's far from perfect, though.