Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WO3SE and Destruction Derby 2 twin pack: cheap source?

Unhappy WO3SE and Destruction Derby 2 twin pack: cheap source?

I found somewhere to buy WO3SE in the twin pack with Destruction Derby 2 for just £3.99.

Or have I?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...123194-7061411

It seems like the Special Edition version of the twin pack is far more common than the standard edition version (W3O and DD2) but such a twin pack does actually exist.

I just ordered one (£6 inc postage). Have I wasted my money?

Here is the Amazon page showing all WO3 variants:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...123194-7061411
    Note that the WO3SE/DD2 twin pack is not listed, which is strange as it's by far more common than the W30/DD2 twin pack. This suggests that this IS actually the WO3SE/DD2 pack.

Maybe I should have gone for the used one for £2.50, but that might not be the Special Edition either... has anyone bought this game from Amazon? Help!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I haven't actively looked for W3SE for ages now because I kept turning up blanks, although I did spot it on www.swopex.com the other day.

afaik there is no W03+DD2 Twin pack, only a WO3SE+DD2 pack. Any reference to the former is probably just a mistake. HMV had it advertised as such a few years ago, but it was infact WO3SE+DD2. Anyone advertising WO3+DD2 just doesn`t know the difference between 3 and 3SE. We could try explaining to them the increased "floatiness" of 3SE, and how this leads to an enhanced flying experience at the cost of greater shortcutting, but they`d probably just think we were freaks

That's very reassuring, Lunar, but how can these images be explained?

http://www.logus.sk/images/playstation/psx_w3_dd2.gif
    http://img.kelkoo.com/pdb/26801/medi...96/9289680.jpg

This page also has the W3O/DD2 pack: http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kaupp...af707fa655cb7e

possibly a mistake in the promo material? These aren`t pictures of actual game boxes, are they? Or maybe there is such a pack...... it just seems very unlikely that Sony would make both versions, and I know the DD2/3SE one exists because I have it. I got it from HMV and it was advertised as WO3/DD2, which made me think it was a common mistake to miss the SE, though your pictures suggest it may not always have been a mistake. My DD2/3SE certainly doesn`t have a cover like in those pictures. It has the DD2 cover pic and the 3SE cover pic, not the 3 cover pic.

Hmm. This is confusing indeed. Does anyone actually have the W3O version of this twin pack?

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i dont have this, but i have definetly seen that game cover before, i was going to get it but i was not 100% sure it was the special edition, also i remember something about it that it was the japanese version of the game. i dont know if that is worse or better but i didnt risk it.

Worrying!!

Still, there's always ebay...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I have a brand new W3Ose/DD2 pack like Lunar bought into ebay.
    Never heard before about a W3O/DD2 pack .
    Maybe Zoolander our all-versions-wipeout expert can enlighted us?

I didn't think so, but those pictures are convincing. I think I emailed them the question if the pictures are correct, but I do not even know the language the site is in. (I wrote in english what looked like a question form). could someone else do this as well.
    Perhaps sony made some of the regular wipeout 3 packs by accident and sold them

Even if they do exist, there seem to be few, if any, English sites selling the W3O pack. I've done the same with the "contact us" form on the site. Something to add to the "All Wipeout Versions File", maybe!

Edit: Maybe Sony sent out the W3O/DD2 pictures to websites as promotional material before sending the genuine discs (which were all the Special Edition)...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i emailed them too ( in french ...who never knows? )
    Thx Al

I have our answer!

"Hi Anthony!

The game is just the basic Wipeout 3

- Timo - Puolenkuun Pelit "

There we have it. The WO3/DD2 pack does exist.

How strange that they would do both versions. Anyway I stand corrected

whatever you do, don`t let zoolander find out about this news, because he will have to own it.

Ha ha ha... if it turns out that I've bought the standard version I'll probably be quite willing to swap the twin pack for a single special edition...

email me when you get it and I'll swap the other version with you. I have 2 of the special edition version

It came today! It's the SPECIAL EDITION!!! And it's BRAND NEW!!!111one1

If there are any left, I recommend that you all buy them!

Hurrah!!

Edit: I'll post a photo later.

everyone has the special edition. there are plenty of them to be found on ebay. I would like to find the original version one, so if anyone can help, that would be great.

There were a good few original versions on Ebay when I looked. The only two special editions I could find were located in Holland and Germany, or similar.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

you want the normal Wip3out version? Where's the problem, Al?

click me!