Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WipEout 64 Players?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Got my N64 +W64 back again today : what a real pleasure to see my godchild's taken care of my old console
    Controller is ok ( for a nearly 10 years old!!); the game runs perfectly, i only bought, at cash conventers, a memory pack for 3 euros.

Seems the 64 tables will be busy those next days with all members playing this great game Wipeout 64 is

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I've also acquired Wipeout and a Nintendo 64, I will try my best it is so like 2097 and we know what that means...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

yeah, arnaud at the top of every table

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Are there any third-party [really, they're second-party, aren't they?] controllers for N64? Like maybe with shorter, more stiffly sprung joysticks [like the one on standard Dreamcast controllers]?
    I don't....thhhhhink soo, I do however know of a controller (i own) that has a shape design similar the the xbox but with the same loosy joy the N64 was known for.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hollow

I got WipeOut64 perfectly running yesterday with Project64 and I am a fan again - I quit when I sold my N64 some years ago.
    What about those scoretables, emulated runs are not accepted

I will read things on the site and see, would be cool to have some competition and blaaa.
    Have a nice evening. John

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yes John , emulated times are not valid for the timetables.
    to let the competition as fair as possible we need to have the same installment.
    Honestly if you really like 64 & would like to compete with us into the tables you can buy a cheap N64 + W64 + memory card for less than 30 £ , mate Lunar found one for 10 pounds

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Got that, memory card is the last thing I need and next week I will have the possibility to compete then. But I don't understand so much about this forum and the site yet although I have browsed through everything.

I am getting used to it soon I guess, this is only my second day anyway and I have posted so much already. Then I just still need to know how to post or tell my records so that you believe me

Question

I wonder about that anti-emulation standpoint - if you're running at the same speed and dealing with a less optimal keyboard, then the only real advantage is a higher resolution. And if you need to see that far in the distance to avoid walls, maybe the record tables are not for you anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The resolution does not change much I think.
    Well I rather have a disadvantage of playing slightly faster than the game really is. I notice that in the music playing very weirdly

Anyway, my n64 should arrive next week and then I will compete!
    Are there wo64 competitions coming up?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

you can count on me for the competition , i think we are like 5 or 6 playing it who had recently bought a N64 or clean the dust from their console.
    When all my gold will be awarded i am gonna start to get some descent time into SR & laptime TT ( TT racetime missing unfortunately )
    Spent time to get that ****** gold race challenge with qirex & velocitar phantom : geez not an easy one.
    Now needs to reach the last 5 and game will be finished

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hm the guys from ebay are not sending me data where to transfer the money too. Could take a while, wait for me!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Auri be safe with Ebay watch carefully sellers rating before bidding an auction. I recently not received a brand new negcon with a german ebuyer : ok i haven't lost a lot of money in it but that 's always annoying.

Ha, arnaud, that took everyone a long time. I figured out that I need to race 4 laps well, then turn around on lap 5 through the s curves. There is an arrow right before the weapon pad, so all you need to do is turn around after this, drive over the weapon pad and into the arrow which does not allow you to go over it so you are stuck on the pad until you turn around. Then just fire away. You won't pick up any turbos or autopilots since you are in first place already. You can actually destroy every ship I think, but then you need to boogey to the finish.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am being careful with offers.
    The n64 comes from an Austrian shop called gamiac, about 1000 votes, 99.2% positive, so I guess nothing bad about that.
    And I have no disadvantage if they don't tell me where to pay

And on the perfect dark one 99.9% positive, I already paid that. Now that shop is annoying, I already bought it 4 days ago and they still did not send me the data where to send the money. If it takes a week more, they only get a neutral vote

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Ha, arnaud, that took everyone a long time. I figured out that I need to race 4 laps well, then turn around on lap 5 through the s curves.
    I get this technique on Qoron IV weapon challenge : last double pad , get reverse and fire missile & quake to every ship : that works pretty well.
    But now i am stuck with super combo challenge 5 ( phantom Macheon 2 with only Qirex 'power snare' super weapon to shoot 8 contenders and finished 1st ) , compared to challenge combo 6 which has been done immediately in Gold at the 1st attempt. So Being 1st is not the major difficulty here but shooting 8 opponents in the same time is a matter of luck or not due to that shitty Qirex sub-weapon
    I only need this one in gold and then i will be able to unlock that final Gold combo challenge

Except game frozen 5 times per hour : this is a real amazing game, i like it much

@Auri : Maybe the E-shop think you were paying them through Paypal and they are waiting for your paiment to come.
    You should email them directly to ask how they want to be paid before giving them a neutral or negativ feedback

( hope it's ok with my english )

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Of course it is ok with your English, I get everything
    I talked to them already and today afternoon he (seems to be a single person shop) sent me the data and I transferred the money over to somewhere in north Austria.

I think.. tomorrow or in two days they will notice I really paid and then send it, will take like 3 days or so? We will see. Hopefully here next monday

I am so keen on playing it now that you talk so much about all those gold medals. I did not even know about a secret gold challenge I think. I found the combo challenge hard enough - killing people and getting first is hard!
    I never thought about turning around. How do you mean? You sprint to first place and after the second round when you have enough distance you turn around on a weapon pad and fire towards coming ships all the time?
    Does that work often?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by auri View Post
    I never thought about turning around. How do you mean? You sprint to first place and after the second round when you have enough distance you turn around on a weapon pad and fire towards coming ships all the time?
    Actually i did this uniquely with that particular Qoron IV challenge , i sprinted to 1st and then on the last lap i turned around and throw missiles forward ( forward when i am the opposite way of the track) and quakes backward when ships avoided missiles ( ermm ok! even in French i couldn't explain me better )

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So I guess quake disruptor can only be shot into the normal driving direction, forward from the start right? And if you fly in the wrong direction, it will shoot to your rear.

And you shoot missiles by holding backwards and then it shoots where you are looking at? Or when you are turned around the rocket flies into your view's direction.

Let's get some grammar and explainations on!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Perfectly described for the quake
    Missile goes into my view's direction.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Okedoke, will try when I get the console, sounds fun.
    Although before that I will try getting gold everywhere "regularly".

Now I have been looking for the Wipeout64 sound effects on the internet for like 2 hours and I did not find them
    That is so sad, I want them to be in my next quake 3 movie, they fit so well.. "MISSILE" - "QUAKE" - "AUTOPILOT ENGAGED"..

I cannot record them ingame without background noise and I only found the music ripped on the net..
    I can use the wipeout3 sound fx you have on the site here too, but are they available in better quality anywhere?
    Or please help me to find the announcer's voice in good quality of ANY wipeout game.
    Thank you very much in advance
    John
    Last edited by auri; 16th January 2007 at 10:26 PM.