Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wip3out on epsxe

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

okay, now I tryed by myself (with WipEout3 :SE) and... well... I'm too stupid to make an iso-file. I made one (but it doesn't end with iso) and epsxe does not accept it.
    Okay, so I try booting from the CD. And: Tada! It works.
    So far.
    Well... till I'm in the menu and it plays the demo-movies, but then I can't do anything. oO

It does not accept my keyboard. So I get into the game but can't do anything.

Where could the problem be?

PS: 1st the game ran too fast, with another driver it has the right speed now - I use the drivers that are in the options described as "epsxe team suggestions" or something.

And btw: music isn't supported. Does anybody else has this problem?

edit:
    ok, now it works. I made an img-file and now it works.
    The keyboard is accepted and I also get into the game.
    But when I select a race it loads without end so I've to shut down the emulator.
    does anybody know what to do?

edit
    after trying I think all drivers I know now, that the problem I had was definitely caused be these ones. No I use "E}l{'s Soft Driver 098" and it works fine.
    Ok, the quality/resolution is just crap, but this is because the TV-resolution is actually bad as well (in 1999 there weren't video games supporting HD^^).
    I noticed that the drivers working with OpenGL (or had "OpenGL" in their names^^) have definitely the better resolution, they're nice and do support sharp edges.
    But they're too fast. Even when you set the FTPs to a defined level it doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 9th March 2006 at 07:14 PM.

You can use a negcon with pc, i used to play that way until i bought a PS again (yes wipeout made me do it )

you only have to make sure you buy a playstation to usb adapter with negcon or steering wheel support, do a search on the net, i made my own adapter (was a printer port one) so i really dont know/remember what usb ones are compatible.

good luck.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

nono, I just wanted to try if it was realisable to run my beloved WipEout 3: SE on PC to make a few screenshots and stuff. But the resolution is so bad, so I the wohle thing isn't really interesting for me anymore (this could be changed if someone would make an online-multiplayer hack/patch).

One more thing that would make the wohle thing interesting for me would be changing the resoltution of the bitmaps and their color depth. But I don't know how this could be made.

It's cool to play a short race while sitting on the PC in between, though.

Sausehuhn:

my post was directed to the thread author you thread hijacker!!

now lets see if i can help you; i have played 3SE with epsxe with no problems with many plugins, and from what i can see you have already tried petes opengl and d3d plugins, theres no reason why your pc shouldnt work with those ones, try other setting within those plugins, i ASSURE you the resolution is A LOT better than on a regular playstation+tv, and i mean any kind of tv, just put the resolution to something like 1024x768 + antialiasing an hi textures, play with the settings, you will be surprised.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

*hihi* Sorry

I think I used nearly all drivers, but the problem with the OpenGL pluins is, that they run too fast. I tryed alot of different settings but they don't work. The resolution is really good with these plugins, but I can't do anything with these as long as the races are that fast that in comparisson even zone mode is slowly.
    So I use another driver that features the normal TV resoltution - just stretched so you see all the pixels.
    I'm not the only one who has this problem. A friend of mine had the same.

i have to go to do some stuff and will be back in a couple of hours, i remember playing it in opengl at correct speeds, will help you as soon as i come back, if you want leave me your hotmail address in a private message so we can talk in messenger.

see ya later.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

it's all in my profile
    but I'll go offline now. It's 11:30pm over here.

Thanks for your help, though, we will talk another time

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

heya, I've setup 3se in epsxe again (I've lent my 3 original disc to a mate) and I'm using a full set of petes plugins. I have his opengl2 plugin active, and it ran at ~2x speed for me too at first
    that was all fixed as soon as I ticked "Use FPS Limit" in the middle of the dialogue box, it's set to auto on the right

if you like I can screenshot and upload my settings

my system: p4 2.4c@3.0GHz, 1GB ddr400, GeForce 6600GT 128Mb AGP

it's amazing playing it again now after a long time away... this game looks incredible at high resolutions!!

ps: has daemon tools 4 removed the analogue audio option that the earlier versions had?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'll try the FPS-limit (I already did, but maybe with the wrong settings).

And btw: do you want to change your PC with mine?

edit
    Okay, I changed the settings and now it all works fine, thanks
    But I can't play the game at high quality settings, cause my PC (GeForce4, 512MB RAM) is too bad for those
    Last edited by Sausehuhn; 11th March 2006 at 11:06 AM.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

is there any chance you could passte a screenshot in paint and post it here as a jpeg or bitmap image so i could please see what it looks like?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

username: check this thread for some epsxe shots