A bit of good news is I have a DWL-122 here

My name is stin= stn

here we go (petrified)

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

A new Kai user is coming up : Vic Cachou ( FFF team )
    He received his DWL 2 days ago, successfully configurated it and had his first baptism of blood last night with Lunar stevie & me .

Another FFF el Stepho has encountered several difficulties to join us : his Ping was sometimes bad ( more than 400 ms ) & sometimes perfect ( 50 ms) but mostly bad . As a result we cannie see him during a race that was weird . Hope we can find the idea to solve that issue.

Keep posting when you think you would be online this week.
    btw you know me , every night from 8PM gmt to 1 am, i am not far from Kai & my psp so just give me a ' nudge '

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

a jumpy ping can be caused by a firewall, or by a download program such as kazaa or emule (which should be turned off when playing). also switching to a different orbital (by resetting Kai) sometimes helps.

Timezone
    GMT -5

i give up. i cant figure out whats wrong. i have followed the directions to the letter, and xlink says i'm connected, but i cant getinto any games, either joining or hosting.
    Last edited by exarkann; 31st January 2006 at 07:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

make sure your psp is on and looking for games before you start kai.

Exarkann - don`t give up. sometimes the problem with Kai is that the people you`re testing with aren`t set up properly, or it`s some really simple problem. What`s your hardware set up? Are you using a wifi card/adapter, or the router method? If you`re using a card/adapter, what model is it?

In Kai diagnostics does it say "network reachable yes" and does Kai see your console? If the answer is yes to both, and you`re using a compatible card/adapter to connect your psp to kai then there`s no reason why it shouldn`t work if you take it step by step the first time. I`ll probably be on Kai tonight, and I`ll help you test if I see you there. Add me to your msn if you want to discuss your connection problems.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

sorry to interupt conversation, but i have heard alot of this: xkai or something, what exactly is this? something to allow you to play wirelessly with people over the internet? (my best guess)

yes, it`s exactly that. It`s the best way to enjoy this game, imo. Let`s face it: most of us, when we play against non-Wipeoutzone friends, will kick their arses so much it stops being fun for anyone. This isn`t boasting, it`s just the result of the fact that we are AG-Geeks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Especially you, last night.
    You gave us a good lesson !!

Please El it would be cool to see you more often on the wonderful world of Kai. I guess you are probably busy but one time a week should be a reasonable Rendez-vous.

Btw hope Stin has solved his problem, i won't be msn online tonight for you, mate but tomorrow.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Ok mate and I did managed to make it work and it`s due to Panda`s firewall!!!

Now I`m trying to figure it out of how to disable just for ilink.

stevie

EDIT; I gave up, I will need to reinstall and will do it tomorrow night.
    Last edited by stin; 8th February 2006 at 08:39 PM.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

wow sojunds great, how do i get it then? does it cost anything too? and also how does it connect to the psp?

Well Asa, you gave me such an arse-kicking on that Descension tour last week that my backside was begging me to stop the pain, so I had to do something about it I won`t be on tomorrow for the Thursday night FFF party, but I`ll be on over the weekend.

Username: I`m going to reply to you in the Xlink Kai topic because, in theory, this one`s for arranging Kai meet-ups, and that one is for techy stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Arnaud, I will try to be on Kai more often again from now on. I have been on snowboard vacation over the last week, and the week before that I had to finish my current project, so I didn't have the time. But now it's all cool, just send me a PM when you plan to go online

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Martin : you will have a huge advantage for the Sebemco twins with your snowboard vacation . Thanks for being back to your home-sweetKai-home.

Btw i am online tonight with Anthony till 1 am GMT, hope you , stephen or stevie will join us

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Sorry I could not make it last night or tonight due sickness die***** and my kids as well luckly cool lover is ok (touch wood))

I did work it out of my sleeping hours for the last three days is 34hrs!!!! and my back is killing me!!! and lastly had not touched a food for nearly twentyfour hours! gawd I`m starving!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

get well soon, old boy I'm in for some racing from tuesday on.

''gawd I`m starving!''

stevie, this is one of the few occasions when i can say with all sympathy and respect: Get stuffed!

take care, and let's hope Linda doesn't catch whatever it is.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Well had a cornflakes this morning and I`m stuffed!

I`m alot better now and will go back to work tomorrow.

Looks like I will be online tonight and El the dangerous player!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Ok for tonight count me in

Stevie : If you are starving you can try to eat ' triakis ' or ' Piranha ' the 2 famous fish from Pure...not sure you can say ' i am stuffed ' after eating them

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

triakis? fish? huh?
    I thought that X3 logo was meant to be a bomb