Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omega Videos

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Quote Originally Posted by exarkann
    i miss curly....
    i think that we all miss curly, it added a sort of comercial effect to the game dont you think? i think that a sweet little girl saying go in a high pitched voice had a good effect. in the future i would like to see them brink back the designers republic and make sissy say go but with the voice of curly still the same!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I say screw tDR, all the good people have left there. get the DR idea out of your system, it wouldn't lead to results anywhere near 1996. And it's not gonna happen anyway. Plus, you gotta give the guys at SL some props for recreating the true wipEout style all by themselves. Granted, we don't have classic icons like angryman or curly anymore, but then curly represents w3o for me, and will always remind me of it, same with redbull and 2097.

Timezone
    GMT -5

So true. I say if you really want tDR style, 2097 will live forever in our hearts. Even GT will always be remembered for crafting the looks of W3O. SL has a real hit with Pure, so long live SL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

GT??? as in Good Technology? I think you got something wrong here, w3o is also 'optically enhanced' by tDR. No GT here, only in Fusion.

Timezone
    GMT -5

D'OH! *slaps forehead*

It's still early in the morning here, sorry for the mixup

I think tDR should be heralded as an important part of the game's hitory but, as eLhabib said, their time has gone and the stuff Studio Liverpool did in-house was rather good too.
    As for GT... well... they did a damn fine Piranha Logo. And lets leave it at that.

Timezone
    GMT -5

i do agree that sl did a great job with pure. i love the "consume" and "robots build" adverts..

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i like the winking roar sign on cheung project, just before the twin jump section.
    what was your guys fav advertisement in pure?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I liek most of them to be honest, they all fit in with the wipeout universe. But the coffee one is spelt "cofee" and is there one advertising apples?

I swear there is a caffine undercurrent to teh world of wipEout...

PSN ID
    madwiperII

apples: "now tasty!"

There's one advertising some sort of wipeout-esque version of Robot Wars. It's the one that starts 'Got War?' or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by exarkann
    i love the "consume" and "robots build" adverts..
    You know that actually says "robots build robots", which I only realised after a few fly-by's. At first I thought "odd that they put that word there twice".

Mind you, it also took me a while to get Daft Punk's "Discovery" and "Disco very" thing on their previous album to their current one.

I thought the "Fat" and "Fabric" logos which pop up after one another were actually an advert for an imaginary product called "Fat Fabric", and intended as a kind of satirical joke about the weight problems that people in rich nations of the 22nd century will suffer from. It took me months to realize they were actually adverts for some of the ingame music. I really am so "street"

Actually, has anyone from SL ever mentioned why coffee is written 'cofee' in-game? I can't help thinking it has to be deliberate - if it was a typo, someone would have brought it up.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Besides, who could POSSIBLY mistype "coffee", especially among game designers?!?

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Its 192 yrs from now, the spelling might have changed.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i would like to see some spellings changed. for eg:
    hello-helo. and-&. yes-y. no-n.
    just simplified writing! easy and simple- everyones happy!
    btw: i would like to see wipeout incorporate the red bull advertisement again, and have the signs in the beggining video

not everyone would be happy with such simplifications; there are people who love language and who like to be able to express their thoughts clearly instead of just grunting and gesturing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

It would be double-plus ungood

Simplifying language is a bad move to be honest, plus what with thechnology going the way it is, language would only get more complicated