Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A fifth ship stat?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Now, since it's proven that you cen get forward momentum through pitch alone, wouldn't it be fun to have speed contests? Two categories - with and without speedpads/turbos

Lateral stability I believe would have to do with aerodynamics somewhat for the fifth ship stat in wipeout xl. I had discovered a gameshark code to adjust this. If you put it really low the ship would stutter around. Iv'e got to get back to finding those codes again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by xEik
    Yes you can start moving from v = 0 only by pressing UP. On every flat straight. In both directions of the flat straight (forwards and backwards). So no need of a slight slope. In fact, I finished a TT in Vector Sagarmatha with Triakis (low acceleration) by just using the nub. Not a single button.

The ony place where you can't accelerate from v = 0 by just pressing UP is an upwards slope. The acceleration you gain with this method is not enough to make your ship start moving.

I guess you just didn't have the patience to see your ship slowly accelerate. Granted, without speedpads, turbos or downwards slopes the ships won't make it faster than 30 km/h.
    8O wow, I guess I really WAS too impatient... have you tried this with other ships, too, or just triakis?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I guess it's just the antigrav generator pushing the ship forward due to the pitch?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yeah, that makes sense!

My thumb got sore attempting to do an entire time trial by pitching upward, though. Better add that to the side effects list

Timezone
    GMT -5

Forcing myself to play with the nose pointed down, I have learned some greater measure of control over my ship's performance. The wobble is much less of an issue once you learn to locate the apex of the nub's upward position - the uppermost orientation seems to have a "groove" of sort where you can lock the nub in place to have a perfect forward line with pitch down. Once you learn that skill and can race for nearly whole races without wobbling left and right - and without cramping your thumb too fast - you will be able to claim your prize:

A sustainable top speed increase of roughly 20-25 kph.

That may not seem much at a glance, but over a 3 minute race on a straight line, that represents in a full kilometer lead. I've been redoing some older time trials on my japanese version and I'm annihilating my old records.

Pride.
    Power.
    Piranha!