Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure: Stealth Edition

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Default "It's alive!"

Sorry for bringing back a dead topic, but was wondering if any one did indeed pick up a copy of the UMD.

I'm considering it and have seen Buy Now options for it on eBay at pretty respectible prices. However, I'm hoping to see if there's a used copy somewhere around town.

I'm think at least a few members have it considering how some are completists Not only that but there's a wiki entry in the well done Wipeout teams page.

I for one dig the design of the Medievil ship. Think the back story is a bit silly though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I actually saw it running last weekend, my cousin had a copy.

The one and only thing I took away from it is this:
    Your ship choices are: Feisar, Pirhana, or Stealth. That's it.

So I'll likely grab it out of a bargin bin when I see it, but I'm definitely not in any rush. 8 P

theres a copy of that at my local gamestop, used, and its $7.89

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I bought the stealth UMD and was really dissapointed. The movie is crap imo and the WipEout content cannot be used as an add-on to the full game. The content on the stealth UMD is a stand alone demo version of the game. Except for the stealth ship there's nothing really new on the disc and the speed classes only go up to flash class. The unlockable pics differ from the ones on the Pure UMD, but they're just some cheap screenshots, nothing special...

As sad as this may sound, I can only advise you to spend your money on the stealth UMD if you really do like the movie or if you're some kind of WipEout collector/completist. If you're none of these two, then save your money for Pulse I say.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceboyG

Thanks for the review Tomahawk.

Now if the price was right, I'd pick it up. I've seen the movie and thought it was entertaining. However, that was to settle my curiousity in the first viewing and nothing more. Not enough action shots of Jessica Biel for owning the UMD. Now if there were scenes like the stuff she does for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry then I may consider dropping a few dollars for the UMD. However it has to have the demo also on there. Then I could say it's a win win situation

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

The Stealth racer, I hear, is absolutely awful compared to other ships. I wrote that Wiki article in the very beginning, and am proud of what it has evolved into. Thanks, everybody.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

The only thing left is the "Stealth" track. Could you, Tomahawk describe the track (or record a video of it, by using PPSSPP or some other means)?

I am sorry for bringing back a dead topic.
    Last edited by hmetal2001; 5th July 2016 at 12:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I might be able to be of some help to this topic later on down the road;
    1) I actually kind of liked the Stealth movie
    2) I am a WipEout completionist, hence why I had to track down WipEout: The Music.
    3) I have CFW on my PSP that'll let me extract the ISO, and tools on my computer that will let me extract WipEout Pure/Pulse .WADs (except for the PI.WAD in the DLC packs)
    4) I am an expert at procuring items for low prices on Amazon

In other words, you might be able to see the track (and ship) yourself before long, and some screenshots/videos could even be put up on WipEout Central. I'm currently working on a modified Data.wad file, which may eventually include the Stealth ship, track and skin.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Stealth ship on WipEout central. No videos of it in action, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 23rd October 2016 at 06:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

So, I successfully got my copy of Stealth / WipEout Pure: Stealth Edition... only to discover something very disturbing.

While the game itself runs fine (on stock, non-CFW), according to UMDGen, the .WADs in the PSP_GAME directory have a total file size of 0 Bytes. Extracting the Stealth Ship and/or Track and/or Skins might well be impossible...

As for the Stealth track, I'm very disappointed to say this... but it's just another Koltiwa reskin (though if you are playing the American version, it's the only Koltiwa reskin)
    EDIT: Just a random thought...
    If I were on the team that compiled the Stealth Edition of the game, then I'd find a way to set up so that watching the entire movie would install the Stealth Edition content as DLC for the full game (all versions).

My best guess at the moment is that the files are cross-linked inside the ISO to some of the files in the UMD_VIDEO directory; according to the MPEG-4 wikipedia page, one of the subsets of the MPEG-4 standard includes support for 3D Rendering and/or varying degrees of interactivity. If anyone wants screenshots of the files, let me know.

By the way, I discovered something adorable~
    In Zone mode, the ship has been replaced by EDI from the movie (pics coming soon, I promise!). If only they redid the Zone Mode voice as well.

Also, the OST for Stealth is made by BT, who you may recognize from some music in WipEout Fusion. Maybe in the off-chance I can somehow rescue the .wads (they were Dummied when I extracted the ISO, probably as part of the disc's copy-protection), I can find a way to import additional music.

EDIT: I've generated some custom XMB Menu stuff for W'O Pure: Stealth Edition a few days ago, before I realized it would be a lot harder than I thought to get everything working. You can open SND0.AT3 in Audacity, but it is too big for the PSP's XMB to actually play it. (It is a short looping section from Slingshot, because it's much better than Bug in my opinion).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 31st October 2016 at 05:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think I may have found our Magic Bullet... our Golden Ticket... our Secret Ingredient.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLv8d-W-9c

If we could just modify the PSP firmware to work like the Kryoflux, that might just be what we need to extract the .WAD files for WipE'out'' PurE: STEALTH Edition. Screw Copy-Protection!

Timezone
    GMT -3

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I think I may have found our Magic Bullet... our Golden Ticket... our Secret Ingredient.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLv8d-W-9c

If we could just modify the PSP firmware to work like the Kryoflux, that might just be what we need to extract the .WAD files for WipE'out'' PurE: STEALTH Edition. Screw Copy-Protection!
    If you could make an ISO of this I could rip it from the emulator...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Problem: I ripped the ISO right from the UMD, but the resulting ISO won't run in any emulators, and the .WAD files inside were replaced with dummy files.

I am going to actually try my hand at ripping it again. If you want a copy, I might be able to send you a PM to the link, but I may have to take it back down in short order due to WipEout Zone's (and Sony's) various policies.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 4th November 2016 at 12:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

If I knew stuff about UMD, I'd try to help, but since I don't... The only program I know that bypass the copy protection stuff is DVDShrink, but that aside, I have no idea how to do it. Besides, the idea here is not piracy, but to explore what secrets does it hold, and share with the community. And last but not least:I wanna port it to BNG
    Last edited by Rafeku; 4th November 2016 at 04:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

*sigh*
    On it's way. Hopefully you'll find a way to recover the contents, but you might have better luck with a physical copy of the disc. (You can find it on Amazon.)

Maybe I can convince the makers of Kryoflux and/or the makers of different PSP CFWs to make something to extract the raw binary data on UMDs.

Unrelated, the WipEout Pulse and WipEout Pure games use a different .WAD format from the WipEout Pure DLC, so it is impossible for me to extract any of the DLC .WADs.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 4th November 2016 at 05:29 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

2016-11-06 06_26_55-00025.bin.png

2016-11-06 06_21_56-C__Users_Aybe_Documents_GitHub_WipeoutFusion_WadPure_bin_Debug_00000.bin - N.png

2016-11-06 06_19_58-Debug.png

2016-11-06 06_19_44-00077.bin.png

WadPure.zip

TL;DR

The format is slightly different, structure is flat however (no folders), a breeze to extract It works on the 3 wads, I wrote this program very quickly so it's not pretty but it works. It will extract a wad in the same folder as it is, so make sure to move the extracted content to a folder before you extract another wad.

With some batch like below, it'll move out all things in separate folders:

Code:
    @echo off
    mkdir data
    mkdir fe
    mkdir fedata
    wadpure -d data.wad
    move *.bin data
    wadpure -d fe.wad
    move *.bin fe
    wadpure -d fedata.wad
    move *.bin fedata
    It should work on your pc but you'll probably need .NET 4.5.1 first.

Now for the content,

- the large files look like 3d model data,
    - the DRM files are garbage -> an unknown format or possibly encrypted
    - there are many xml files, textures, VAGs and so on

The most interesting part would be to figure out the higher-level layer, i.e. how these relate to each other.

Here's another tool I wrote quickly, that'll detect some images and output PNGs (only looks for 256 color ones, not the raw 24 bpp ones, see previous sentence):

PurePic.zip

Code:
    PurePic.exe -w "*.bin"
    Most are read, but some are the dreaded twizzled textures I couldn't read on WOF.

Sorry but I don't really have the time to dig deeper on this game, I'm spending all of my free time with http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...ecial-Edition-!

Cheers !

Timezone
    GMT -6

I already had a way to extract Pure's .WAD files, but thanks. (It is the Stealth Edition .ISO that's giving us problems, not the normal game).

And yeah, the .WAD creation process for Pure completely destroyed the folder structure, and changed ALL of the filenames to the .DAT file extension. Why Psygnosis chose to use the WAD format, I do not have the first clue: Games like Lumines don't use .WAD, and just show their raw data structure, so it can't be a limitation of the PSP's operating system.

(By Inari's tails... I freaking hate trying to type on the Kindle.)

P.S.: Do not try to add WipEout Pulse's Stat blocks (FE Stats, Pitch, Sideshift, Etc...) to the ship XML files in Pure. It will cause a crash. And do not set the FOV for the external camera to 90, either.

I would also like to point out that I successfully increased the shield Stat for Zone Mode, meaning you can use my modified Zone_01 XML file to get comparable Syncopia scores to WipEout HD.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 6th November 2016 at 05:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

ok,

they use a container for many reasons, disc access time, when there are many files there's a huge TOC and that can become problematic ... such big file allows for internal re-ordering of files in CD doing entirely without the structure provided by the system ... not sure if that's clear to you, they open a single file in the PSP = 1 file handle; then content inside is laid out for efficient loading, PSP reads in a linear fashion (I'm pretty you don't hear the UMD drive going crazy) -> remember those DC games badly ripped ? unordered files, they were taking an incredible time to load !

Timezone
    GMT -6

Makes a little bit of sense, I guess. Might also explain the annoying concept of LBA numbers.

I hope I can figure out this conundrum sometime in the near future. I'm losing both hair and sleep over Stealth, and want to get the content ripped before the movie officially takes place in the past (it is set in 2016).

Thanks for the help. I'm going to have to take a break.

In the meantime, I took a couple of songs and converted them to be used as alternate menu themes. You'll have to replace file000270.at3 in the DATA.WAD file for USA Greatest Hits version, file000240.at3 in the DATA.WAD file for the Japanese version, and file000005.at3 in the FEData.wad file for both versions. I'm going to be uploaded the songs to Google Drive soon.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 6th November 2016 at 01:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

anyway, no matter LBA, sectors or aliens, WAD is a simple and understood container, if you have garbage or zeros then extraction was wrong (it can succeed when using a naive software, however I won't be able to help: I have no PSP) -> find the equivalent of IsoBuster to rip PSP games, master it, then you should be able to have a good rip

you can always share a list of PSP ripping software (if they run on Windows) and I can take a look to see if I find any combination of options you should try

Timezone
    GMT -6

Wait, you don't have a PSP?! In that case, let me give you a warning before you grab one; movies are region-locked, but games are not.

I'm going to try to find something like ISO Buster, but unless I can find a compiler and integrate it into my PSP's firmware, I won't be going anywhere (unless I'm misunderstanding how ISO Buster works)