Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: purE (gold medal) ratings

Default purE (gold medal) ratings

Just saw something quite cool today and it kinda got me thinkin' :idea:

I happened to notice that emsef had inserted his 'rating' next to his location... personally, I think that's a great idea and hopfully everyone could follow in suit. Saves people asking each other etc. and you can see at a glance how 'talented' any one player is.... although, dunno if they'd be any issues with rules/regulations of the room... mods? - help?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

actually, i think it's just showing off furthermore, the number of golds doesn't necessarily show how talented you are, it just shows how much time and effort you have put into the game so far...

Too true bro.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    actually, i think it's just showing off furthermore, the number of golds doesn't necessarily show how talented you are, it just shows how much time and effort you have put into the game so far...
    It does REALLY though...

c'monnnnnnnn put you medals in!!!

OK, let's say it's a voluntary thing then... still like it though! :wink:

I suppose its not a bad idea, but what about all the new players to Pure? They might be intimidated by this, and also I think it might lead to elitism, something that has destroyed so many good forums in the past. I hate to see the zone become elitist.

PSN ID
    wirehang

To be honest I only put mine on there as a way to let those few of you who are interested of other peoples progress keep track of it. I started this forum when I was <100 and am slowly creeping up to max. I got five gold last night slept in this morning because of it! ops:

Not showing off, just proud . I do like the idea though

matt

I think its fun - and should only serve to motivate those with less medals to pick up the game and get more. We shouldn`t worry about it too much imo.....

you never know, if its possible to write a script for it when the new boards come into effect, foxx might implement a medals feature into peoples personal profiles.
    Just a thought, if thats what you want?

On a side note: I've just gone from Senior to Phantom Pilot

What about those who hadn't played Pure yet?

(can i type in my Porto Kora TT NTSC W3OSE Phantom Laptime?... :roll: )

:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

lol
    NTSC WO3:SE :

Am I correct in saying 'Does that even exist?'

Hey, if this board were going to become elitist, post count would already have done so. By the way...

194 gold medals SUCK IT *****ES! (Just kidding....)

aaaaaaaaa
    LOLOLOL :

Did i write that? I guess i was too busy thinking (whilst writing) which was my best record so far....(W3O? W3O SE?)
    AND THERE YOU GO!

Wip3out Special Edition NTSC - At least i made some US guys here happy (untill Sausehuhun killed their illusions)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Shem
    untill Sausehuhun killed their illusions
    I'm sorry for that

This is being taken far too seriously! lol 8O 8O

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy
    but what about all the new players to Pure? They might be intimidated by this
    Awwww poor babies! Lol.. if they find this intimidating, they’d probably find stepping out of the door intimidating surley? – it’s just a game, meant to be FUN but if you’ve achieved something or got a high score why not display it?!?!

Why does this perplex you so? They should have bought it ages ago!!! – if they havn’t they’re obviously not real fans! lol and I’m sure a Euro thread will be set up, in fact there is a ‘those who havn’t played yet’

Quote Originally Posted by emsef
    Not showing off, just proud . I do like the idea though
    Yea man!!! Say it loud and proud!!! You should be and not ade to feel bad, it takes a lot of hard work, sweat and time - and thanks… 

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    I think its fun - and should only serve to motivate those with less medals to pick up the game and get more. We shouldn`t worry about it too much imo.....
    Exactly my point! Just for fun and as a guide… don’t take it too seriously people!!!

What about em’?

So, conclusion?... get adding that rank to your destination? – you know you want to!

i wouldn't think that the medal count would be as intimidating as looking at the the WZ records tables already is

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Purist
    They should have bought it ages ago!!! – if they havn’t they’re obviously not real fans!
    ...or they just haven't enough money... :roll:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

in case you want to know my gold status, it's 194. But I refuse to add that to my profile and show it off. I don't want to rub it in anyone's face. Btw, I still think this does NOT show how talented one is, just shows how much time you have put into getting all golds - eventually, everyone with enough time on their hands can get those golds. Those who played me in a linked game (or on kai) would be the only ones to know how 'talented' I am.

And I do think that putting the gold status in your profile CAN indeed scare off newies to the boards, because they might THINK that these boards are elitist, even though they clearly aren't.

Wow, 1 more '!' mark, and my eyes will pop out.

Purist:
    Do you consider EVERY Wipeout fan a maniac who'd sell their soul to the devil himself just to play Pure? If so, well, come down to Earth and rethink this. Belive me, there are people who are fans (like myself), dedicated fans with passion, who just cannot afford themselves a PSP, because they live in a country that does not give you the opportunity to easily get a hold of such toys like PSP. I feel offended (yadda yadda yadda), by your talk of "you ain't got Pure yet? = you're not a fan!", because i cannot afford myself a PSP and no matter how i just cannot. There are things in life that come first, and that's eating, home, ppl you care about, then your personal needs. And it's all expensive, sometimes too expensive. Sure, since it's all FUN, not everyone has to have their medal rank by their forum name, i can live with that, as well as anyone else who's in my position (i guess). But before you start talking like that, think again.

And apart that - is it really necessary to put your medal rank if eventually, everyone who wants, will collect them all? It provokes some kind of a race, like 'gotta catch 'em all before you do'. Short-termed - OK. (maybe it should be in the 'Arena' section [or maybe it already is, since i don't follow Pure challenge's]). Long-termed it makes no sense, because no 1 would care about this, just like now no one cares if you've got all the golds in W3OSE. I dunno, but all this reminds me of collecting some pokemon cards, and just showing off, especially with that kind of encouraging talk. yay, let's do the gold medal collecting thingie! sorry for my talk, but simply i don't give a rat's ass.

+1