Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gamma Pack: Wake PSP, play for 7 seconds - & PSP freezes

Default Gamma Pack: Wake PSP, play for 7 seconds - & PSP freezes

Ok this has happened to me so many times its really bugging me.

I've tried putting my psp in sleep mode on different menus, paused in game, after a game, whatever - the amount of times my PSP hangs after waking while playing wipeout pure since the gamma update is increasing.

This must be happening to other people - I always make sure the memory stick isnt being accessed but each time I wake the PSP up to continue my game I only get a few moments before it just freezes and then turns off a few seconds later.

I get exactly the same issues. Basically I can only go into sleep mode from the main menus. Do it anywhere in game, or between races in a tournament, and it will crash most of the time - sometimes when I`m 10 seconds into the next race. I do have version 1.50 firmware too.

Well I'm still on v1 firmware (for the homebrew) and, since installing the Gamma packs, I've had a lot of crashes. After Gamma 3, the game can crash pretty much anywhere although I haven't yet had it crash in the middle of a race. In the main menus, however, if I try to move through them too fast it will crash - I think because it has to access the memory stick too quickly. So I've learned to move slowly.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Makes me wonder how bad it'll get when all the packs are downloaded onto your stick 8O

PSN ID
    Axellink

looks like it has more to do with the memory stick duo, i heard that mem card is not very good. Even on my k750i it makes my phone chrash like hell. Sony needs to fix up.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I know how you feel. I put mine to sleep during a Descension tournament race. I finished the race, but it crashed when I tried to go to the next one. Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't the 11th bloody race! :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

are you guys experiencing crashes using the original sony pro duo sticks or sandisk? I am using sandisk and haven't had any crashes. maybe the stick is better than sony's...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm using a Sony Pro Duo. Knew I should have got a SanDisk one...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

On both my Sony 32M and my SanDisk 512M i get the freezes...

I still have the original 32mb Sony and so I`m going to need a bigger one at some point. So Sandisk here I come..... at least I`ll see if it improves at all. With a lot of the crashes I`m not sure the PSP is even looking at the memory card.

I'm on the SanDisk 512M too.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Aside from the in-game sleep crashes, a lot of mine actually DO come from memory stick interaction. I scroll through the menus pretty quickly. The game doesn't have a problem with all the standard options, but if I go too quickly through any downloaded tracks or ships, it gives up and crashes. Pretty much similar to what you said earlier.

I've got a sony 128 mb and I never had this problem. hope it won't appear with further gamma packs.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

is it so hard to save and turn off the psp ??!
    and will it crash after you do so?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

You can't save mid-tournament. If you want to do the Descension, you need to sit through 12 races straight. Also, the PSP goes to sleep automatically when left alone for a few minutes.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

You can disable that in the options as far as i know.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

what you can do to avoid the after-sleep crashing, is to turn the display off and put the buttons on hold instead of putting the whole thing to sleep. doesn't cut down much on the power consumption (because you are basically on pause), but you wouldn't put it away for hours in mid-tournament anyway, would you?

EDIT: forgot to mention, naturally, you will need to turn off the auto-sleep in the menu first.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I have it on good authority that you should re-download Gamma Pack 1 when Gamma Pack 2 is released. Hopefully the updated pack will cure some of your ills.

To answer your question elHabib, I'd say quite a few of us that endure a working day would leave their PSP off for hours and, quite possibly, mid-tournament.

On top of that, for some bizarre reason Pure makes you go through many loading screens and even a language select screen before letting you load your game, so turning the PSP off is not ideal as the start-up time is long. Strange too as it is utterly pointless - it only matters what language you select if you aren't loading a game leading me to think it might have been a better idea to start with the 'load game' screen. Still, even with that, it would be a long start-up. Remember we're on handheld gaming here. It should be pick up and play, which is why the sleep function exists and is a fantastic feature.

thanks for that info, Foxy. Sorry if this is a dumb question but should we delete the old gamma packs from our mem cards first, or will the update just overwrite the old one?

I can`t say all this has all been a big problem for me - I just have to remember not to start a tournament or race unless I can finish it. I`ve had no trouble with sleep mode on the menus.