Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: XLink Kai

Timezone
    GMT -5

When you're in the Wipeout Pure room, this means that if someone else in the same room hosts a game, you will be able to detect and join it by going to "join game" in the multiplayer menu. If someone creates a private arena within that room, only those in his private arena will be able to detect and join his game.

Timezone
    GMT -6

whe i hit join game i give me no list of games even though the kai thing show other people playing.

and when i try to dectect my psp it dosent find it
    Last edited by Rouni Kenshin#1; 24th November 2005 at 07:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Once a game is STARTED, you can't detect it anymore. You can only detect for as long as the players are in the hosted game's lobby and the hoster hasn't started it yet. You can't join a tournament in progress either.

Timezone
    GMT -6

how do i know if the race has started?

and why won't it detect my psp i put it in serch for game mode and the programe still does not detect it.

Make sure you are hosting a game, which means your PSP is broadcasting a wifi signal, before you launch Kai. There`s no way it will work if you launch Kai before doing this. Have you followed the PSP connection guide on the Teamxlink forums? Are you using a compatible wireless network card or usb wifi adapter to connect your PSP to your PC?

PSP Connection Guide

list of compatible network cards/wifi adapters

if you`ve followed all this and it still won`t work, then tell us the hardware you`re using to connect your PSP to your PC, how your PC connects to the Internet and how fast your internet connection is. Try to explain the nature of the problem, what steps you`ve taken so far, and we might be able to help you.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Not sure how appropriate (or egocentric) it might be to quote oneself, but here's some general advice I posted earlier in the thread which would be useful to your situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkenmensch
    - set your PSP's channel to 1

- TURN OFF your PSP's WIFI powersave!!! This doesn't look like a problem at first, but I guarantee you that you will NEVER complete a tournament until you do.

- When your computer detects your PSP signal, there's a chance you'll detect TWO. Always remove the encrypted one from the list and connect to the non-encrypted signal.

- Always launch wipeout pure FIRST, activate the WIFI, go to detect games and THEN have your computer detect the WIFI signal. You'll be sure to detect it correctly. When that's done, THEN launch kai. Never wait to be in kai to launch wipeout, you'll spend the evening wondering why it's not connecting.

- US versions cannot detect Euro or JP games, nor can any other combination of different region games.

- You CANNOT enter a game where there is either a download track or a ship that you do not have on your memory stick. If you're missing the classic packs, forget about joining an alpha tournament where someone has selected the Icaras. Music, however, is never an issue.
    Let us know how it goes!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Over the last couple weeks, I've tried several times to go play on kai, but something seems wrong with the user list. Like, it said there were 8 people in the Wipeout Pure room, but I go in and there's no one on the list. I'm using OS 10.4 with the most recent Kai engine and jKaiUI. Anyone know what could be wrong?

I`ve seen that, but other arenas seem to be worse. The other day it said there were about 250 players in Ridge Racer. Not likely...... I looked inside and there were about 30 on the list, which still seems way too many. At the same time there were about 20 people on the Pure list, all of whom said "establishing connection...."

I haven`t tried playing since I saw all this. Does it still work?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'm using amaryllis on osx 10.4.3
    usually says 2,3, or 4 players in the room when it's empty
    it still does work though when someone really is there...

also I just want to point out that the wireless channel you set your psp to makes no difference whatsoever to people on the other end.
    that only matters for communication within reach of the actual wireless signal.
    I have verified this through my own testing

I don't see you guys on much anymore.. fire me an icq/msn or something and hopefully I'll be around and able to play
    you guys' friday/saturday nights work best (my sat/sun morning)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Yeah, I leave my wireless channel on Auto, because I forget to change it back and then can't connect to someone Ad-Hoc and we get confused...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Default Play More!

please play on kai more often!
    I have finally started to feel comfortable in phantom and I never see anyone on anymore :\
    I am on kai as NZLion

if you wanna get me on there ICQ or MSN me with the buttons at the top of my posts, as long as I am not at work I will probably be keen

I haven`t played for weeks, but I`m planning on being on Xlink Saturday night, usual time, 11GMT onwards

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'll try and join in. haven't had much time for purE lately, and PGR3 has eaten up a lot of my spare time, too. but now I feel the urge to get back to purE

Timezone
    GMT -5

hello,

I am new to the forums.

What time GMT are you guys generally on? I am in america in the -5:00 gmt time zone.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I am gmt+13 (currently thanks to daylight savings) in new zealand, best bet is to msn or icq me. links for that are at the top of any of my posts or in my profile

Just replying to El in the locked thread the other day: yes we must ALL get back on Kai again. I`ve been too busy, but in a week or so my period of slave-labour should be coming to an end and I`ll be ready.

btw I have changed my msn login and email. The new one is on my posts.

Timezone
    GMT -6

the Team Xlink site has not made it clear yet but to play do you have to have a wireless laptop or will a pc with a wireless router work?

You don`t have to have a wireless laptop, though you could do it this way. A PC with a wireless router might work, or might not, depending on the model of the router. It`s not that simple. Tell me what hardware you have, and how the computer you want to use for Kai connects to the internet, and I might be able to tell you how I would do it. It`s really not too bad when you have the right hardware, it`s just that there are so many different ways to connect up and everyone has their own way of doing it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

my pc
    1.2 proccessor
    256 ram
    connects mo highspeed internet throug wired modem when then sends it's self through the wireless router.

PC connects via modem
    wireless router connect with 2 cables one to the PC and another to the modem.

the router is a Linksys wireless G 2.4ghz broadband router with speed booster

Depending on the exact model, you might be able to use that router, following the instructions in this thread on xlink.

http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/v...d2f7a1a5573d9d

You would have to make absolutely sure that it`s the Linksys model which they say is compatible with the firmware upgrade you need to run kai on your wireless router, and that you know what you`re doing, otherwise you could kill your wireless router. I don`t know much about connecting to kai that way and would be scared to encourage you to do it.

I would advise you not to do it like that, and leave your router and internet connection as it is, especially if you`re not the only person using it. What you need is a USB Wifi adapter for your PC. Like this one:

https://www.blueunplugged.com/produc...aptor-3981.asp

then hopefully all you need to do is install this, plug it into your PCs usb port, and you won`t have to touch your existing internet connection at all.

But before you get a USB adapter, first of all install the kai software on your PC, log on to kai,and click on the diagnostics button. It`s a little magnifying glass symbol. When you do this does it say "network reachable - yes"? (It can take some time for "yes" to appear). If it does say "yes", then you shouldnt have to touch your internet connection at all, and you should be good to go with a kai-compatible usb adapter like the one I linked to above.

Then basically the hardware setup would be: PSP broadcasting wifi signals - USB Adapter plugged into PC and picking up wifi signals - PC running kai software - existing internet connection. At this point you would be ready to follow "Kai`s PSP connection guide" to get it up and running.