Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure Zone Mode 6 Figure Score Challenge

Default Wipeout Pure Zone Mode 6 Figure Score Challenge

Zone pilots, here is your mission:

Score 100,000 points or more in zone mode. You can use any zone track you like. First to get there is the winner.

The prize is.....just the honour of being the first to climb this Mount Everest of Wipeout Pure zone mode.

Just post your best score, track and the zone you got to for that score. Also any further stats like perfect laps, perfect zones, top speed etc.

Here`s my best score so far:

75,267. Pro Tozo. Zone 50. Laps - 26. PL - 10. PZ - 23. Top Speed 1266.

Personally I`m not sure I can complete this mission let alone be the first...... but let`s see who can.

im up for the challenge ^_^ i havent spent tons of time in zone mode (mostly doing TT lately) but here is my contribution, just a tiny improvement

76,450. Pro Tozo. Zone 48. Laps - 25. PL - 10. PZ - 24. Top Speed 1207.08

Thx for joining up. That`s tidy flying getting there by Zone 48.

Its ironic, because atm I`m closing in on your Vineta Phantom Qirex Ghost (there goes the ambush I`d been planning) That`s a tough lap there though.....

anyway on this challenge I improved slightly.....

75,666 Pro Tozo. Zone 50. Laps - 26. PL - 9. PZ - 26. Top Speed - 1235.

I`ve been on the wine tonight...... and got an outdoor activity weekend ahead, so no major improvements soon..... but next week I`ll be back into it. I think I can be a lot cleaner on the early zones.

you made me edit my post.... need to make this wine wear off. :wink: I`m not even going to try in my current slowed down state.

sorry about that, i posted just before i went to a movie, got back and took another try and beat my old score. i didnt want to double post so i just edited it, must have been right around the same time you were composing your reply >_<. i have finals next week so there probably wont be immediate improvement on this side of the fence either. glad to hear we have another participant in the ghost races! if you want to beat that time i would suggest the piranha, vineta is a great track to fly _fast_. later.

83,025. Pro Tozo. Zone 56. Laps 31. PL - 10. PZ - 29. Top Speed - 1286.

Still can`t get more than 10 perfect laps though. It really catches me out at some of the bigger speed changes like 15 and 20.

I know I said I wouldn`t be playing, but..... I couldn`t help myself. :wink: We all know how it is I suppose.

84,619. Pro Tozo. Zone 55. Laps 30. PL - 10. PZ - 29. Top Speed 1289.84.

apparently i cant either o_O. somthing we need to work on.

edit:
    a bit better (got on more PL)
    85,557. Pro Tozo. Zone 53. Laps 29. PL - 11. PZ - 28. Top Speed 1255.50.

edit (again):
    93,551. Pro Tozo. Zone 56. Laps 31. PL - 13. PZ - 32. Top Speed 1317.28.

woah..... I`m going to have come back to that tomorrow.

I got the PLs up by one aswell, though I was down in other areas:

86,087. Zone 56. Laps - 31. PL - 11. PZ - 27. Top Speed - 1290.

that`s it for tonite. Great race there.

101,672. Pro Tozo. Zone 60. Laps - 34. PL - 15. PZ - 32. Top Speed 1293.66 | Screenshot

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

hey def, you're really working hard to build up your repetition before the big guys like arnaud and mano join in, aren't you :wink:

N00b Question: What's the difference between perfect zones and perfect laps?

haha, eL :wink: not really. its more like im horribly addictied to the game, and the fact that i can carry it around with me makes it ten times worse. zone mode is great because each race takes like 5-10 minutes and towards the end your moving so fast your thumbs have trouble keeping up with your eyes, its great!

Zero [RG] [HG]: a 'perfect zone' is a complete zone passed without touching taking any damage. this is different than a perfect lap because in zone mode laps are not equal to zones. im not sure what the rules are exactly for going up a zone but it usually seems to come out at about 2-3 zones per lap. like lunar touched on earlier, the thing that makes perfect laps hard to get is being able to adjust correctly for speed increases that occur when you hit a major zone.

heh!! I wake up in the morning and find we have a winner..... :wink: Well done, def, and first to zone 60 aswell.

Probably the sweetest thing of all in zone mode is when you have the shield warning sounding, and you manage to pull off a PZ to get "out of the red" again. I`ve only done that once though.

Regarding zones, in Fusion a zone was 10 seconds. I`ve always assumed this game is the same but I haven`t tested it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

One question: Doesn anybody know, how much perfect laps, perfect zones are taken into account? PLs apparently are far more important than anything else, but to what degree? And what else matters?

Btw: Had some time to do some zone racing at the weekend:

121853 points at Coridon 12 (60 zones (35), 41 laps(20), 1388 top speed). I know I'm too late, though. :)

Ben

Nice one, Ben.

Basically you score at a faster rate the faster you go, and then you get bonuses according to this system, afaik:

Perfect Lap: 2000 points
    Perfect Zone: 1000 points
    Speed Pad: 100 points

This partly explains your higher score at Coridon - the laps are shorter so there`s more opportunity for PLs before the speed gets too silly. that`s a hell of a top speed you got..... I love that long straight at Corridon and then dipping into turn 1. It just feels really sweet and scary. 8O

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, Coridon 12 has the best flow of all zone tracks. Plus, there are not too many bumps and hills, which makes racing at zone 50 and faster easier than on other zones. Next I will probably lay hands on the fourth track (what's its name again? ;) ). Those "stepping stones" are a real pain in the ass at higher zones, but the track is layed out so nicely for fast flying...

Ben

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wow, I'm gonna have to do some serious catching up here! I've just had my first Zone run on Pro Tozo and racked up a pathetic 39000 points. Don't worry, give me a little while and I'll be back up with you guys. :wink:

It does seem a bit harder this time round though, a lot of the techniques I was using for Fusion just flung me unceremoniously into the walls when used here. Should be fun starting from the ground up again.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Uh oh, hellfire's playing... There goes the neighbourhood

On a different note though, I too have beaten 100k and the 6 figure mark:

Coridon 12
    103825 Points
    56 (31) Zones
    37 (15) Laps
    1359.18 Kph

Mach 2 challenge anyone? : Now there would be a toughy!

Quote Originally Posted by def
    101,672. Pro Tozo. Zone 60. Laps - 34. PL - 15. PZ - 32. Top Speed 1293.66 | Screenshot
    how about 16 PLs on Pro Tozo, 34 Perfect Zones..... and then dead at zone 51 after I realised how well I was doing. I can get to 58-59 practically every time..... except the one run when I really wanted to. All I had to do was keep it going, but it was just a case of cojones failure, there, I suppose. Once fear strikes and the flow goes it never comes back.

fear of success?

good question...... but it may have been just premature celebration. I guess its one for a Wipeout Psychoanalysis Thread. :wink:

I was quite close to a controller flinging moment - at least I felt that urge - but its not a good idea with a PSP in your hand. 8O