Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIPEOUT 2097 WORKING SPEED PATCH [NO SLOW-DOWN-UTILITY]

And if the windosws XP hasn't got the codecs, qhy the first patch reproduce the videos?????

By the way for the second patch you have to copy the game to this folfer
    c:\wobble instead of c:\...\ Wipeout 2097

Sorry if the images in teh ftp that I posted on teh last post don't work now, I'm making a website and I erased them

Default WOXL (slow down) patch help

I have a legit copy of WOXL...could someone explain (if and how) I can get this patch working on WOXL under Win XP sp 1?
    I tried the patch last night and could not get it to work...I kept getting the message that WO2097 was not installed correctly, or something like that. I also tried renaming files as mentioned somewhere in the tread but that didn't work either...any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Lycos hosted patch (Barry's) is no longer hosted. Could it be rehosted anywhere by anyone?

Thanks!

Same problem here.
    The whole site is down. Could someone please rehost the patch ? It's driving me nuts to have this brilliant game and not be able to play it...

Yes, a rehost of that patch would be very much appreciated!
    If webspace is needed, I can help out!

--Boon

Timezone
    GMT -7

Hey guys,

I've also been watching this thread for many months now waiting for a repost so I did a bit of web scouring yesterday and found a speed fix patch that also allows for 1024x768 res. Based on the sheer number of views I'm surprised that the admins don't have the file hosted given that this is THE site to go for any Wipeout related info.

You can download it here from my webspace.
    http://members.cox.net/desertrat96/woxl_patch.zip

Ok, now that I can finally play the game at the correct 30fps rate there is one last obstacle to tackle. Since the netplay launcher program (WOLOBBY.EXE) used for directip hosting/joining uses the included NET-WOXL.EXE file for netplay sessions multiplayer reverts back to the supersonic frame problems again. So my request (plead ) is for someone to create a speed fixed NET-WOXL.EXE so that netplay can truly be enjoyed. Also worthy of note is that a lot of older LAN-only games can now be enjoyed via Hamachi which simulated a directip based LAN connection. In fact, several of us use the program on a regular basis for Friday night gaming sessions to play Flatout (much more stable with less disconnects), Supreme Snowboarding and other games.

Rat

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

that would mean 2097 online??
    Or do I misunderstand?

Timezone
    GMT -7

Yes, it would mean functional multiplayer online either via direct ip or simulated tcp/ip lan (Hamachi). Just imagine regular matches every week with other Wipeout fanatics . According to the netplay documentation there is support for up to 15 players per session although I would think 6 to 8 might be a more reasonable maximum number for someone hosting on a broadband cable connection.

If any of you have contact information for the individuals who released the speed fix versions please forward this info to me or list it here.

Thanks,

Rat

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi, i just bought wipeout to my pc and now i need the "speed pach", but as far as i can see there are just paches for WipeOut XL in this thread, and i need the pach for WipeOut 2097, can some one help me to the 2097 one

cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

not sure but wipeout 2097 for pc is called wipeout XL .
    That means the patch work for your CD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Now i am confused?! XL can't be the PC version aint it some special ed game?
    here is my box shoot..look
    it is not a burned game it is a original

i have tryed the patch but i just get a black screen, there was a other patch in the start of this thread wich i think is the right one but the link is down now

please help me guys, i really want to play this lovely game

It's called both, it's exactly the same game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yeah, get this:

Anywhere else in the world, "Wipout 2097" was decided as a perfectly fine title. Here in NTSC-land, it was decided that it was far too confusing! People would be wondering about the 2095 other sequels to the game! So they changed the name of the game to "Wipeout XL".

I begin to think that it's not "Americans" who are truly dumb, it's "American advertising execs". 8 P

On the flipside though, I really prefer the name "Wipeout XL", but mostly because it makes for the nifty acro "WOXL" (to rhyme with "pixel").

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Ok then i know, but why dose my pach dont work then?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I would assume it's because your OS isn't supported by the game.

Or the other way 'round.

Whichever.

It's hard to say for sure without any actual information, but that would be my guess.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

the package has the words on it: "Windows 95". and thats years ago. the (pc) game itself is rather programmed poorly, as it only did function with non-NT windows versions and the common speeds of the processors back then. nowadays CPUs are too fast for the game, and the shift away from 95 to NT (95/98/ME = 95; NT4/2K/XP = NT) do the rest. youre better of trying to emulate a PSX cd of 2097/XL. otherwise install win98 and google for tools like "slowdown".

its a shame i know. but nowbody cares for doing a wipEout XP (now thats a title, isnt it?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

and running the game in Windows95-mode doesn't work as well, does it?

It's worth a try anyway;
    rightclick on the game's .exe and select "properties". Then take the 2nd file card named "compatibility". Choose "run programm in compatibility mode for" and take "Windows 95" in the drop down menu.

I don't think it will work because I'm sure I'm not the 1st one who tried it, but, as I said, maybe it's worth a try.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by AmigoJack
    wipEout XP (now thats a title, isnt it?)
    nice one XP for Xpanding Possibilities ?

Maxx : Ive heard about some kind of programms that you enable to stay on XP , but creates new partition on your hard drive ( without reinstalling ) and let you install on a F: \ ( for instance) another OS ( like win 95)
    So that no more pb of compatibility between changing directly from XP to 95 or 98 on a same HDD
    And then a patch for slow down your cpu like cpukiller( hope i didn't wrong on that ...randow access memory is hard for me after that night )

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

in reference to insertcoin's file: denied, I get a black screen. and I can confirm that 2097 works otherwise as I came third on talons reach at the wrong speed before trying the patch

When I tried patch, I got the black screen too because I was overwriting the file Wipeout2.exe, so I renamed the patch file for something like Wipeout2patch.exe, put it in the wipeout 2097 installation folder, and now it's working!
    Hope that helps.