Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WIPEOUT 2097 WORKING SPEED PATCH [NO SLOW-DOWN-UTILITY]

Default WIPEOUT 2097 WORKING SPEED PATCH [NO SLOW-DOWN-UTILITY]

Hi at all.
    I finally found a working speed patch for Wipeout 2097 at eMule.
    Get it from my webspace:
    http://magicstone.de/spacy/blog/wipe...tilites%5D.rar

Please redistribute this patch a little bit to other boards and communities, because there weren't much people on eMule sharing this.

This patch is also a NoCD Patch. It has a little bug: If you insert a CD, the game say there is No CD in the drive, it only works without CD, so there is no music.

I contacted the author, because I also want to use this on the network patch.

This patch was successfully tested on Wipeout 2097, but not on Wipeout XL.

Thanks, tried it with a copy from XL but it says, wipeout2097 has not been correctly installed, reinstall and try again, but maybe thats just because it is a copy.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Did you also contact the author about the "no CD" part?

Having music in WIpEout is a good thing...

Yes, I contacted him about that too.

And what about a "patch" that supports all resoloutions up to 1600*1200 ?

greez

Dont forget 1280x720

found this buried in the forums if its of any help... it is apparently a patch that lets the XL network patch work with 2097.... i think... never tried it, post your results if you give it a go
    http://morane.j.free.fr

its the bottom file

Hi there!

I talked to the programmer too, and he gave me a link to the WipeoutXL.exe
    This file Supports a res up to 1024*768!

Put the file into the installdir of W'O'' ans start it.
    There will occurr some messages!
    Watch them and correct the Installpath, and the filenames the messages show you.

Link: please rightclick and save as

Great help Barry!!
    Ttried it with my XL copy and it now seemed to work. Thank him from me if you ever speak him. He could say no to a patch because the game is to old (who would haved blamed him). But he still helped us after so many years
    played 1024 and it looks great, didt measure the time but it feels alright. Now how i connect my analog ps2 pad to my pc and let ik work with XL :

btw savin didnt work at first here with firefox, had broken files form 10k. So i doubleclicked throug the links until i saw the rar, opened it and extrated to my hd, then it worked.

I've tried the stated patch but cannot get it to run the game. The screen goes dark and nothing comes up, for at least 10 mins. I can see it uses 100% cpu... any suggestions?

I'm using 2097 and a dell inspiron 8600

edit: my bad, I was using the XL patch... the 2097 one works great... no 1024x768 res though

Create a folder in C:\ and name it "wobble".
    Copy all 2097 files into this folder.
    Then copy the XP patch I postet into this folder.

Then you have to rename these files:
    C:\wobble\pics\hi-res\2097LOGO.TGA rename to xllogo.tga

C:\wobble\blitsurf\hi-res\2097COPY.PPM rename to woxlcopy.ppm
    C:\wobble\blitsurf\hi-res\rstart97.PPM rename to rstartxl.ppm

Thats all.

This patch is really a great solution! But i have a question - there is no way to run this game at normal speed, AND with a framrate of 60 FPS?

nope

The game was coded to run at 30fps, not 60.

Why is it that i got sick (motion sickness) when i play wo2097 on the pc land not when playing on the ps2?

probably because you sit much closer to the monitor than you do to the television, so the picture takes up a much larger part of the field of vision and therefore has a greater disorienting effect as you bank one way and then the other around the curves and zoom forward

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Hi there,
    I own the PC (and psx, and mac) version of wipeout2097, but before I found it in store, the only version of wipeout 2097 I ever managed to get my hands on was the warez release that requires the game to be in c:\wobble, so you must be using that
    If you install a genuine copy you don't need to use that folder hack as this patch works for me in d:\games\wipeout 2097.

also, just based on my own feel for the game using a keyboard after playing the mac version for the last 2 weeks... this hack pc version plays faster than the official mac one.

thank god someone has figured out how to do this though. *super happy*
    now I just need to work out why my throttle is locked on full (I think it's something to do with my playstation controller adapter)
    PS: please sticky this thread?

Hi, I have been looking this forum since some time, because I have the first game for Saturn and the 2097 for PC, well Talking about this patch, I have it a lot of problems to make it work, ¬_¬U but finally worked, and now I have a question, the software modes works for soemone?, for me no, the game frezes at a black screen, strangely the 256 mode frezes at start but the 16bit software mode frezes after the title screen, someone has the same problem? and by the way its posible that someone has said this before, but I can't see the blue tails of the flotaingships ^_^U
    Well thanks

I know that the patch is done by a fan of the game (or I supose that ^_^U)
    Well playing... ejem changing some things... I found some problems on the patchs, so I tried the two (Sorry for my horrible english ¬¬U) looking for the diferences and posible problems (the bigest problem could be my computer, an Athlon 64 with a Geforce FX, you know old games VS new hardware XD ).
    Here are my conclusions and the diferences and problems that I found it, by the way I know that some of them were mencioned before but I think is better to put them together for look for a solution, If we can XDDDD

Advantages and disadvantages betwen the two versions of the patch:
    (The "1stpatch" is the version that only arrives at 800x600 and all of you know the other version ^^ "2onpatch")
    1st PATCH
    -Framerate problem in WinXP fixed
    -Show INTROs (videos)
    -Title screen don't shows (black screen with the phrase PRESS INTRO)
    -NO music
    -A little displacement on the right of the menu
    -CD NO NEEDED
    -Up to 800x600@16b

2on PATCH
    -Framerate problem in WinXP fixed
    -DON'T show INTROs (videos)
    -Title screen works well
    -All CD music
    -A little dispacement on the menu (left and right)
    -CD NEEDED ^^
    -Up to 1024x768@16b
    -TEXTURES problem, some of them are moved up or down, in Special the fonts and the weapon screen

I have made it some screencaptures of the game running the two patchs, I tried to make them in similar moments and remarked in RED the problems, as you can see in the next screencaptures, I modded a little bit the game and I'm using the Barry Burton's textures for the first map, (nice textures), well I run the game in 800x600 in 1stpatch, and in 800x600,1024x768 in the second one and with the original texture set and the problems were the same, by the way I hace a little problem with the blue tails ^_^U I supose that is my computer
    Here are the screencaptures....
    http://barnasoft.madpage.com/WO2097/

I have spent ages trying to get this working. Does the 2nd patch you speak of work on XP with only replacing the wipeout2.exe file? Everytime I try it to run it after installing the patch, all I get is a black screen.

Does the 2nd patch only work on a hard disk based version of Wipeout 2097 or does it work on the original as well? If it is supposed to work on the original, which CD drive should the Wipeout 2097 cd go in?

Cheers in advance, Jake.

p.s. followed instructions here -> http://mitglied.lycos.de/schmaltes/tut/

Timezone
    GMT -5

Okay, I'm thinking back on something I ran into when trying to run System Shock 2 on Win XP and found that the movies just wouldn't work - here's a copy/paste of the tip I found online that allowed me to fix the glitch for good:

Movies Fail To Play
    ========================================

Symptoms:
    All FMV Cutscenes in the game are skipped
    instantly, failing to play

Reason:
    The old codecs used to encode the movies
    is very unsupported under Windows XP.

Solution:
    Run the file iv5play.exe located on the
    System Shock 2 CD-ROM, this will install
    the drivers and codecs needed to view the