Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interesting News Article over at GamesRadar.com

If you need a closer look at the pic, win one of the golds ( can't remember which )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I already have that gold, it's single race gold on sagarmatha in rapier. but I still can't figure it out. most likely xios or maybe goteki (judging by the colors).

on top of the sagarmatha gold there is another pic of it:
    ship in q / time trial / flash / vineta k / gold

and here are some others:
    van uber / single race / phantom / sinucit / gold
    van uber / time trial / flash / manor top / gold
    zone ship / single race / rapier / sebenco climb / gold
    icaras / time trial / rapier / sagarmatha / gold

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by def
    on top of the sagarmatha gold there is another pic of it:
    ship in q / time trial / flash / vineta k / gold
    you're right! and judging from the G logo I guess it's the new goteki. hmmm, doesn't resemble w3o's goteki at all though...

cool, welcome to the forums egg!
    The artwork on display there is just amazing, we realy appreciate it when a lot of conisderation is taken in the art side of Wipeout, it always been important and I'm glad to see it still considered a serious part of the game.
    Btw what do you think about a wipeout artbook? from what i can tell, artwork is a bonus award for getting certain medals in pure. Were there other art pieces (hand drawn and rendered) by other people too? Do you think its a good idea to make these kind of things as its never really been done in wipeout before and yet the game so deserves and artbook.

Also do you know if any of the art from previous wipeout survived at all. I'm thinking the "missing" wip3out art is a cover up by Sony who are holding back all the art work internally... still have nightmares about the discarded wip3out canvas...

Now if they printed the original wipeout art or renders from the first 2 games... man...

About images:
    Shem I'll try to upload some images of the advertisement campaign of the various wipeout series and a few more pics... does anyone know what the poster campaign for wip3out was like? wipeout was the chick with the bloody nose, wipeout XL was "trouser wetting", fusion was the stupid track in London, pure...well... I'm keeping my eyes peeled. but 3 just escapes me...

ok new ones are official fusion CG renders...
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=295

edit:
    not sure if this still works...its 11megs, the wip3out promo pack
    http://www.kallman.net/misc/wipeout3_promo.zip

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

ooh, some cool goodies in that pack, nice one prometheus!

Question that'll probably not be allowed to be answered, but will the downloadable ships have any alternative liveries? oh and also will there be any extra development sketches and such in the downloadables? Hnn... must... get... insight!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If the second ship from the left is the Goteki then whats the one on the far right with the yellow background?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

van-über

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Welcome to the forums Egg!

Question:
    is it Van Über or Van Uber in Pure?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Is it? **** and there was me thinking that blue thing was Van-Uber

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Shem I'll try to upload some images of the advertisement campaign of the various wipeout series and a few more pics... does anyone know what the poster campaign for wip3out was like? wipeout was the chick with the bloody nose, wipeout XL was "trouser wetting", fusion was the stupid track in London, pure...well... I'm keeping my eyes peeled. but 3 just escapes me...
    Try 'VEHICULAR MINDSLAUGHTER'...

searched in google and didn't turn anything up... any other search engines i could try?
    if you have any pics, I'd be grateful if you could share them.

btw, when did the wip3out page come back... i remember trying it ages ago and it was just not working...

www.wip3out.com

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

@ Prometheus
    here you will find more than at wip3out.com:

>> http://www.kleber.net/wipeout3/

hmm i found this on some mindless wipeout image search i did... it's a wip3out poster.. but I gotta say I'm not totally convinced its for real... the background image I think they used in magazine articles and covers.. some press pack of something. But I have never seen this particular advertisement... where as the others definately ring a bell and the slogan "Vehicular Mindslaughter" is familar too..
    anyway its on my file share

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=295

Were there ever poster adverstisements for wip3out? I just dont remember any...if you remember, please describe.. may jog my memory

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

LOL, Channel 97, like their is a large chance to have a channel only 2 digits long in that year. : Should be more like channel 2637, or some long random number. And why would Wipeout be free to watch anyway?!! : It's to good for that!! :x

perhaps it would be free to watch because advertisers supported it financially, just as they do with racing in our era. even spectators who buy tickets to attend a race in person pay only a very small part of the costs to put on a race. those who watch it remotely on broadcast pay nothing. why would it be in different in the future as long as our economic structure stays similar to what it is now? if on the other hand, society evolved into something like the world[s] of Star Trek, The Next Generation, in which there is no money-based economy and people only work as a hobby, then racing would be even more completely free of charge

We know that there's money in the future of wipEout due to several references to it in interviews and bits and pieces of history scattered about the games, but I don't think things have become Blade-Runner-esque where people live in misery and the Earth is a s***hole, it seems the economies of the world function much as they do now.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Well I guess stuff like the Red Bull and Kappa adverts are there to show the advertising of companies will be there, pretty safe to assume that it'll be as Lance says, paid for by advertising 8O

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

For Prometheus and Sausehuhn, this is an french ad for wip3out. The scan is not perfect but my original wasn’t either, and as i kept it folded for a few years, i had to do a bit of image cleaning. I hardly remembered i had this in a dark drawer.
    Here's the link :
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=866

Hi-fi, maybe Sci-fi… No Wi-fi yet.