Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is harder- Classic League or WO3 League?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Pah, don't need shortcuts to find it easier!

Sorry, just kidding (as usual). :)

Seek100: Yep, I meant the lowest part of "danger hill". And I agree on that old tracks better be redesigned before forcing them onto a different physics engine. This would even make things MORE realistic, since any race course is being altered regularily in order to match new regulations and requirements.

Ben

LOL, it's possible to do those sections by just letting off the thrust and forcing the nose down as much as possible, only prob with that is my timing sux, either let off too late or push down too late. Airbrakes slow you down too much on hill-into-roof sections.

@ G'Kyl: things like the bend where Ayrton Senna crashed at Imola - they completely changed that after the crash IIRC, they made it into a chicane instead of just being a fast single corner. Those sorts of changes would make old w'o" tracks more believable aswell.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I found the classic league much more difficult to complete, like it’s been said those track were not designed for those ships, trying to get an Icaras round Odessa Keys in Phantom class is not exactly my idea of fun, the WO 3 league was much more easy to get through, could just be because I raced there quite a lot trying to improve times compared to the classic tracks where I just wanted to get gold and not go back tanks very much! There are a few exceptions mind

Seek100! ? gasp!
    letting off the thrust?!?!?!!!
    SACRILEGE!!
    arrrggh.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yeh! why let go of the thrust when you can press L2+R2 simultaneosly?!
    no but seriously > some ppl sound like they want a huge Oval with not too tight turns so they can fly their icaras on phantom! 8O
    C'mon man! there must be some turns??!
    and perhaps some difficult turns as well .. right??! :roll:

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    Seek100! ? gasp!
    letting off the thrust?!?!?!!!
    SACRILEGE!!
    arrrggh.
    ROFL, Go try Sampa Run on rapier/phantom and then tell me you didn't let off the thrust at those two hills that lead into low-roofed tunnels : I don't like bouncing up and down like a ping-pong ball on that track, even in a Feisar you have to lift off the thrust to avoid scraping the cockpit.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    yeh! why let go of the thrust when you can press L2+R2 simultaneosly?!
    no but seriously > some ppl sound like they want a huge Oval with not too tight turns so they can fly their icaras on phantom!
    C'mon man! there must be some turns??!
    and perhaps some difficult turns as well .. right??!
    My god I hate Icaras, I'm so happy they're not in purE, I'm dreading going through phantom with them :x plus they have the crappest colour scheme ever devised well okay, maybe Qirex's w3o colours were also very camp but still - two shades of pink and bright orange!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Seek100
    Go try Sampa Run on rapier/phantom and then tell me you didn't let off the thrust at those two hills that lead into low-roofed tunnels
    ops: Never my friend, never.
    It depends on how is your line i can assure you every kind of tough turns as its own way to do it successfully ( without slowing down or press L2+R2 )
    It's just a matter of experience and knowledge how wipeout rules.

Hmm, fair enough, since I know I suck, (not sarcasm, I do actually suck rather badly at WO) reckon you could give some tips for those hills-into-tunnels sections on Sampa Run?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What about stanza inter? I can't believe that anyone could get round it without taking their foot of the gas at one stage or another, an Icaras at Phantom on stanza inter with full throttle all the way round for 5 laps 8O sounds impossible

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Not sure about the W3O/SE differences but if it's anything alike then you can go around any course without releasing the X button (i personally never release the button between the word go and the popping up of my time(s),) but there isn't a course in W3O that you can get around without using the airbrakes, if that's what is meant. Out of interest also, I never hit both airbrakes at once

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I agree, that IS impossible. But it works well with Auricom or Goteki 45. Okay, sometimes you crash into a wall, but not often at all. With Goteki you also could get 5 perfekt laps.
    Qirex is more complecated. You have to slow down in the tunnel the most time, sometimes you also can go through it with full speed!
    Piranha and AG-systems... hm... possible I think. Also Assagai could work well.
    Icaras IS impossible as I said at the beginning...

... I will not say something about FEISAR, I think that's clear

The most time I fly with Auricom, Goteki 45 or Qirex, so maybe the others are wrong.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Heh, I race Qirex always and I have to say I yet again never release the go button (anywhere, not even Mega Mall ), maybe i'm just too wreckless? On that note i tend to find that the Qirex isn't that much easier than the icaras to pilot and with an added 1 turning on the SE icaras, how could it fail to be easier?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well, I actually do find Qirex easier than Icaras. It's not as fast and yes, it's a bit more agile. Both makes for more direct control over the craft and it shows. In fact, I am always amazed how easy it is flying a Qirex after having done a few laps on the Icaras.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Seek100 : about tips the best i can do to avoid any kind of misunderstanding due to my level of written english, so the best way for me to be understood by peeps will be to create a video ( sampa run phantom icaras) as i already done for 2097with Qirex&Pirahna. As a matter of fact you will able to see my lines for those hils-into-sections.

Assegai Developments : like in W3O in SE Stanza phantom : no shorcuts right? Al + me doesn't slow down and no L2+R2 and result close to 2.00.0 in pahntom race...